Expert Growers, I need advice.

• Thread starter slightlystoned
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
ok, ok. here is my dilehma. I have a 6'4" cube of a grow tent. I am currently running 12 plants in soil atm w/ 2k watts. I want to do a hydro or coco run my next round. but undecided what kinda system im going to custom build. some reminders that I have very limited height space to work with, and I have to keep my plant #'s to 12 flowering. I was thinking about building a very, very short table(less than 10" tall) to put 12 (coco/perlite) 4 gal smartpots and have it be a dtw system and use screen for scog. Or, I was thinkin about building a recirculating water farm w/ 5 gal buckets and mesh pots(hydroton), and scog style. give me some input please. also i will be using House and garden either coco, or aquaflakes. thanks everyone.

T

tattoojim

i was thinking about a simaler table idea. that sounds pretty good to me.im in soil now,but not for long i think..

T

tattoojim

my problem is that i have 35 five gallon buckets that i put holes in. so i would probly have to do a bucket in a bucket hydro setup. verses srapn all my buckets buyn smart pots and building a table for them..

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
yeah yeah for sure. Im really kinda new to the hydro/soilless mixes. and I really don't have the height for a huge table and my tent is far from the biggest. im so undesicive. I want to be able to maximize production for the space available.

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

You could put 12 5 gallon(or 3 gallon) smart pots using coco, and hand water. Cheap, easy. I moved to this from a recirculating hydro system, and while it can be a little more time consuming I am getting much better results.

S

slightlystoned

Premium Member
Supporter
You could put 12 5 gallon(or 3 gallon) smart pots using coco, and hand water. Cheap, easy. I moved to this from a recirculating hydro system, and while it can be a little more time consuming I am getting much better results.

hey thanks vonwolfen, I appreciate the reply. yeah I am hand watering right now anyway, so, really not that much more work. Yeah, I was leaning toward doing the coco in smart pots. I could still setup a drip system so that I am not taking my plants in/out of the tent a lot. Is there anything that I need to watch out for using coco, or something that I need to take into account using coco?

vonwolfen

vonwolfen

I have done 3 grows with Coco..You cant over water even if you wanted to(and I have destroyed grows with over watering..soil, and hydro)You need to watch for salt build up..I use drip clean with every feeding, and watering..I feed 2 times every other day, and then water w/ 1/3 strength carbs(like sweet, blackstrap molasses, carbo-load, etc)...The heat in the valley right now means I need to water every other or almost everyday(but I have 1/2 my grow in 2 gallon smart pots[which dry out much faster] the other half in 3 gallon...the 3 gallon work better)...Use something for the roots like Great White, just like with soil. Other then that I cant think of anything...It is a great media for newbies, and advanced growers..Good luck, take care

Latest posts

Top Bottom