expert help needed please pics provided

• Thread starter ireyites
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

ireyites

I have 4 really sick babies that are a month into flowering & i need some expert help & advice as ive never used this soil or all the ff nutes - theyre in 3 gallon pots in fox farm ocean forest soil cut with perlite fed with the full line of ff

last week i noticed a really bad ph problem on the leaves - checked the runoff and it was so low it didnt even change the color of the test strip- i wish someone would have told me the ocean forest wouldnt hold up!

i immediately added 3 tspn of crushed dolomite to each pot and flushed each with 9 gallons of 6.5 ph well water - the last gallon that went thru was a half strength feed with a hlf tbspn of epsom salt 1/2 tspn tiger bloom 1/2 tbspn big bloom 1/4 tspn beastie bloomz 1/2 tbspn molasses 1/2 tbspn sweet 2 tspns ph up bringing ph to 6.8- i let dry and gave another half strength feed but b/c of the ff chart 4d following week i added grow big so: 1 tspn tiger bloom 1 tspsn grow big - 1 tbspn big bloom 1/4 tspn beastie bloomz 1/2 tbspn molasses 1/2 tbspn sweet (this was how i was told to leech properly) - plants started looking better and greener but then in the last days 2 of drying out theyd go back to looking bad - ive been foliar feeding the effected leaves b4 the lights come on with some epsom salts the last 3 days -scared to foliar feed in flowering but was told that b4 lights come on its all good like morning dew- only the plant in the first picture is showing signs of improvement - the rest are getting worse - idk what else to do -

ive sprayed with dolomite - seaweed- and recently with epsom these last 2 days & no improvement - what should i do - the last one got a lil more lime in the soil by accident and it seems to look like a manganese lockout i heard is caused by to much lime? idk please help me any advice would be greatly apreciated as this is a critical time for the girls and they have to pull thru & i feel liek theyve already lost so much of their potential being sick - - I wana switch soils or go soilless b/c i dont see the pt in paying $20 a bag of soil n then having to ammend it - ive searched and searched and read and read but cant find anything suitable - so any great soil or soilless recipes you guys can shoot me would be great and make my life so much easier - i eventually wanna go all the way organic n feed with teas and such but still have the full line of ff nutes to get rid of:afroweed: -
help me out guys these buds r way too pretty up close up n personal to lose the battle JAH BLESS 1 & ALL :rasta: IREY ITES

1ST PIC - PURP
2ND PIC- IREY
3RD 4TH AND 5TH PIC - KAYA
6TH PIC- THE MIST

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I woud flush all the pots with ph'd water atleast 3 times the value of each pot, hopefully you should see some improvement and then start feeding them once you see new growth. all the best

G81

D

DigDug

I would suggest flushing with plain water for a bit....... looks like your soil might be 'HOT" ..... i have had this problem with the FF soil before...

I

ireyites

Did u guys even read the post or just look at the pics? I DID flush them with 3x the water - i flushed each 3g pot with 9g last week and it stressed the hell out of em - your sayin i should do it again?

K

KushyNutt

In my opinion it looks like you may have overdosed your plants. Your feeding schedule looks complicated...keep it simple bro. Also I would relax on the foliar feed until u see some improvement and focus on the flush.

I

ireyites

In my opinion it looks like you may have overdosed your plants. Your feeding schedule looks complicated...keep it simple bro.

how could i simplify it? all i did was feed them half of what the ff schedule says on their website - plus i added molasses n i added a half tbspn of epsom salt hoping to solve the problem which looked kinda like a mag deficiency to me? please help me out and shoot some advice ol timers - i have already flushed last week the last gallon of the flush was a half strength feed documented up top then let dry n given again- the 1st one is lookign better after the last feeding the rest show signs of worsening- should i reflush and just give water wont this rob them of their food in this vital pt of their lives(this is why i was told u follow up leeching immediately with a half strength dose)? what do you guys think i dont wanna overtstress them and get hermies!

C

cway

Man how big are your pots? How often do you water and how much?

What kind of lime did you use?

I

ireyites

Man how big are your pots? How often do you water and how much?

What kind of lime did you use?

guys PLEASE read the 1st post at the top of the page thoroughly it has ALLLLL THE INFO!!!!! 3G pots - i used garden lime - dolomite pebbles that i pulverised in a blender - i feed them about once every 5 days i just wait till the pots feel dry by weight and i give um nutes every other watering till some starts leaking out the bottom-

I

ireyites

3 gallon pot
It may be too small-

well i thought thats what it could be so i transplanted the one in the last pic into a big 7 or 8 gallon container right after i flushed it - it only got worse - i dont think thats the issue it didnt seem that rootbound to me - theyre only a month into flower and some of the buds look almost done espescially the one in the 3rd pic im guessing b/c of the problems ive been having- what should I do to save em is it even possible?

T

Trichy

When transplanting it's an understood stress. I would pull the lights away 6-8 inches regardless if you have switched them back.
You know they are fried,right? So, if they survive this you are lucky.

I

ireyites

Looks like you need to flush 9 more g my man :afroweed:

thanks man I really appreciate ur help -- does everyone else agree with digdug that I should flush ONCE AGAIN?- i was told if you flush/leech cuz of burns or lockout you give a half strength feeding in ur last gallon that goes thru so that you at least leave ur girls with some food so they dont get fussy not having anything to eat??? then i was told u let it bone dry and follow up with another half strength feeding :rauch08: was i told wrong?

the 3rd pic doesnt look like a deficiency 2 you guys with yellowing of the fan leaves and the top ones that are a lime green color and twisting crazy? how can you tell the difference between a deficiency and a burn? :stonedsmilie:

I

ireyites

Flush and flush- it's hot.
:anim_19:
damn what a bad one - i was told to flush with 3x water and the last gallon to run a half strength feed---------so the proper way is just to flush with straight water? - what do I follow this up with once it dries? Another watering or a half strength feed? :wait Im confused Wont it be starved of nutrition if i just flush with straight water? I guess I was told wrong on how to leech - whats the way you can you tell the difference between a burn and a deficiency?

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
N deficency will start at the bottom of the plant and wroks its way up. i cannot see any pics. are you folior feeding with the lights on? the hps will get maginified and burn tiny dots all over your leaves. i cannot see any pics so i cannot tell myself. i dont think you need sweet and molasse just pick one and get rid of the other. as far as fox farm it dose not have any cal in it. so you could need some

R

ReelBusy1

If your soil ph is below 6 it gets bad like this.
Dolomite takes time to kick in.
It's not about just flushing here.

You need to add some hydrated lime to the mix if you need to raise soil PH immediately.
this balances the soil out to 7 where it should be (6.5-7 is right for MJ)

Most good garden shops will carry it in 50 pound bags for about 12 bucks.
It's really hard to find it in smaller quantities because it's a mostly industrial gardening feed for big soil but saved many potted MJ plants for me over the years when the soil PH gets wonky on you.

This has happen to me before, like you also, using the Fox Farms Trio of nutrients.
I love them but IMO i think they can throw off the soil ph if not balanced with feeding perfectly.....

N

NBfrost

i wouldnt listen to that site , all that stuff is a wast of time . get a good one part nutrient like flora nova , veg , or general hydroponics .. ive been growing for a long time and that is just crazy .. u need to flush your plants with just water , nothing else , well maby pick up a product called final flush . thats it , then watter with 1/4 strength nutrient .. id say fuck ff feeding schedual , i think thats what is killing them

R

rayvon

ive read the 1st post and its kinda dizzying the amounts of shiz youve sprayed and fed and as i cant see any piccys the only thing i can say is.... stop lovin em to death man, chill out with the remedies (which aint actually remedies when all used together willy nilly) and just give em water for a bit, not ph'd not nothinged.

no poorly plant really looks better after a day so swappin and changin foliar sprays aint gonna help :)

Top Bottom