Expert opinion needed on light situation

• Thread starter Hlg09
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Hlg09

Ok guys got a helluva problem goin on here! This is my first real indoor grow and i am running 4 ko kush and one og from dna all in standalone dwc buckets, which i was learned bout on a very very helpful thread im sure you have all seen. Anyway they are under a 600 hps or were i should say they are eight days into flower the root growth is exponential, everything great until the damned transformer outside of my house went on the fritz. So now i have electricity but not enough to run my washer dryer much less my light. So whenever i try to turn the light on it comes about half strength and surges a bit here and there, cant ude it for maybe another two days. So herein lies the question, they have currently been 48 hours without light and it could possivly be friday hopefully tommorow before it can be fixed was wanting to know if it would be wise to kill these plants and startover new or tough it out and possibly deal with hermies should they live through this horrible tragedy? They still appear healthy the bottom fan leaves are drooping a little bit but thats it so far. Some one please give me an opinion any advice is much appreciated.

K

Kennie_B

Give em a chance, they may surprise you. In other words I wouldnt throw em out just yet.

sky high

sky high

ya don't have enough electricity for a fluorescent light to keep a 12/12 going?

I'd let em go and would start right back up @ 12/12 if it were me. Total darkness (IMO) isn't as bad as intermittent light.

never had that happen though...so everything I said is a major guess on my part.

good luck

convex

convex

A couple of CFL's should get you through until you have full power again.

R

Rolln J

I agree- if it happened at day20 something Id say your fucked - but get some kind of fluorescent on a timer to get the lighting back on schedule and hope for the best!

H

Hlg09

Thanks for the input guys i hooked my fluros up but because i have all those air pumps running in the same location its not enough to run the weak fluro with the pumps all together so i have ran an extension cord 30 ft into the next room to give them a little somethin to keep em goin. The electric guys are replcing my transformer as im writing this so hopefully that fixes the problem and they will be back under the hid once again mwahahamwahaha!

G

GroHi

Nope, nope... they're screwed... need to get them out of there asap... btw, I run a plant disposal service & will be happy to remove them from your care... ;-)

B

bushdoc420

Ok guys got a helluva problem goin on here! This is my first real indoor grow and i am running 4 ko kush and one og from dna all in standalone dwc buckets, which i was learned bout on a very very helpful thread im sure you have all seen. Anyway they are under a 600 hps or were i should say they are eight days into flower the root growth is exponential, everything great until the damned transformer outside of my house went on the fritz. So now i have electricity but not enough to run my washer dryer much less my light. So whenever i try to turn the light on it comes about half strength and surges a bit here and there, cant ude it for maybe another two days. So herein lies the question, they have currently been 48 hours without light and it could possivly be friday hopefully tommorow before it can be fixed was wanting to know if it would be wise to kill these plants and startover new or tough it out and possibly deal with hermies should they live through this horrible tragedy? They still appear healthy the bottom fan leaves are drooping a little bit but thats it so far. Some one please give me an opinion any advice is much appreciated.
hi farmer im new to all these pc and computers, but not growin im know as the bush doc , right first thing is to get sum uvs or sum cfls,they all run on a lot less power that shud sort them out untill the power people have got there shit together if your girls are on 12+12 it should not make alot diff but dont threw tham plants are amazin how they come bac from the brink, i hope this uius of sum help. the bush doc 420

H

Hlg09

All in all they went two days without light i put the hid back on them friday, they were droopy and sad lookin with some yellowing at the base of the leaves they are back on track now though. The ko's are lookin lovely but the og is a mutant lookin bastad! Its growth is vigorous but the leaves are crinkled and some are half way developed its like the cannabis equivalent of down syndrome or somethin of sorts harhar. I would post pics of her so i could get an opinion on it but the transformer mishap fried my computer along with many other of my electronics, am currently posting from my iphone bogus.

Top Bottom