Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Any time I see a company claiming their strain will be done at 40 days flowering, it sends up a red flag as a marketing ploy....... just saying. Both strains are over 15-20 years old now, things get "tired" after awhile and although yield can stay, quality falls off with genetic drift, poor picking of parents, etc., etc. Keep us posted though...........

Freedom of Seeds Cannabis Seeds - Mighty Grape

Mighty Grape is a Dynamite x Grapefruit cross which produces a huge main cola, heavy yields of fruity, resinous DANK and a very creamy hash taste. This cannabis strain is a great indica and compact hybrid. With a supper fast finish after 1 week of veg 6 - 7 weeks finishing inside. Flowering Time: Indoor 40 - 47 days.
I'm assuming they would claim that's "clone flower time." In your experience, is the flower time on clones really lower?

sshz

sshz

Tuesday will be 4 weeks flowering. Below is a pic from my last grow of Sweet Zombie, 3 years ago at 4 weeks. You'll see a big difference between that one and my current grow. The one below is much further along under the HPS lights. Tomorrow I'll put up the current grow.

Image1

sshz

sshz

So, there's some stark differences in the rooms obviously. Let's take a closer look: OLD (post #925 vs. NEW)

- 4 ft. tall last grow vs. 2 ft. tall now

- old room has 24 plants in the pic, new room has 12 plants on each side

- old room has TONS on leaves, new room was defoliated and leaves are greatly reduced

- old room plants have 1 large center cola with limited side branching, new room has more even smaller branching

- old room bottom 2/3's is fluff and very under-developed, new room has buddage up and down the branches

- old room is under 2000 watts, new room is under 1290 watts

The old room produced 55 oz. of nice buds and three large green trash bags of fluff that was thrown out- what a waste! It's why I wanted to tackle this strain again, I saw the potential and generally did a poor job with it. The smoke was still good though, people really liked it. This time they'll love it!

I expect the new room to far out perform the old grow, but it's behind right now and will have to go longer- maybe between 9-10 weeks to finish instead of the 8 weeks the first time, which is fine. It's time for the buds to take off, let the show begin.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

The canopy on those most central plants is so even, so satisfying. That’s a steal for the 1700e, wish I could swing a grand right now. I am thinking about an HLG fixture though in the not so distant future.

sshz

sshz

What's amazing is nothing is required to get the canopy to that state........it just all happens naturally under these lights.

I could try and talk the wife into buying 2 more Gavita's and open a second room up. That way I could drop to 3 crops a year instead of doing 4 and get a break once in a while. Out of the 106 oz generated last crop, 103 are long gone while saving a few for myself for gummies. I would probably have no trouble moving a lot more if I put the word out. The wife said, "absolutely fuckin NOT"..........she's obviously not thinking clearly. lol

Anthem

Anthem

What's amazing is nothing is required to get the canopy to that state........it just all happens naturally under these lights.

I could try and talk the wife into buying 2 more Gavita's and open a second room up. That way I could drop to 3 crops a year instead of doing 4 and get a break once in a while. Out of the 106 oz generated last crop, 103 are long gone while saving a few for myself for gummies. I would probably have no trouble moving a lot more if I put the word out. The wife said, "absolutely fuckin NOT"..........she's obviously not thinking clearly. lol
Sshz Christmas is around the corner. Go ahead and get yourself another pair of those lights. But with Christmas around the corner, buy the Mrs. a couple nice gifts and ask the question after she has opened the gifts.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

2 more lights, a second room, and a stank-free home for the holiday season every year. How could she turn that offer down?

sshz

sshz

She's Irish and she'd do a freak dance if I did that without her approval......... that's just not the way it works around here. We've been together 35 years, married for 33+. And if I piss her off, sex (or what's left of it) would disappear. Remember, happy wife, happy life.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

best advice i ever got in business was never ask for permission. Ask for forgiveness.

Anthem

Anthem

Sshz,
I assume you have tried creating negative pressure in the grow area and drawing air for the living area and exhausting out the window in the grow area. What about large filters for scrubbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom