Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

She has all the jewelry she could ever use and has told me don’t ever buy another piece. Lol

There is a strong negative pressure in the room, as I have to fight with the door just to get it open. I’ve had numerous scrubbers, some 5 ft. Tall, with little success. I was exhausting outside thru the ceiling and out into the back yard........until all the neighbors started mentioning it. There’s numerous cops, secret service and home land security people on my street, and everyone’s cool about it- but at this point I think it’s better to keep the smell inside rather than out. They know it’s just for personal use (lol) and don’t seem to mind as we are all very friendly and socialize a lot.

sshz

sshz

For you diehards, here is an excellent podcast about defoliation and lollipopping.......start listening at 38:30 for some excellent data and info........... and save the site for future referencing.

sshz

sshz

Hold it...... she loves jewelry. She has so much of it, she's has no place to store any more of it. When you're with someone for 35 years, jewelry adds up year after year. She'd just rather have me spend the money on other things now, as she's become less materialistic in her old age- well, not that old at 61.

I have a friend who has owned a pawn shop for many years, and when something came in that was nice- he's always call me first. These days I tell him to call me last........

amekins

amekins

Hold it...... she loves jewelry. She has so much of it, she's has no place to store any more of it. When you're with someone for 35 years, jewelry adds up year after year. She'd just rather have me spend the money on other things now, as she's become less materialistic in her old age- well, not that old at 61.

I have a friend who has owned a pawn shop for many years, and when something came in that was nice- he's always call me first. These days I tell him to call me last........
I’m a dangly earring collector. And I have so many I cannot justify buying more (so I started making them). Glad she’s liked jewelry for this many years. My only point to @MIMedGrower was for some, that just won’t work.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@sshz i have a solution to your problem... I am in the market for one of these. At these prices I can pull the trigger... I think it's only reasonable that we have known each other long enough to exchange gifts 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ill send you a Christmas gift and you send me one in return. Say maybe a gavita 1700e?

She can't get mad at you for receiving a Christmas gift 😁

sshz

sshz

LOL......... I've actually been contacted by a couple of company's about using their LED's in a documented grow, AND SHE WAS FINE WITH THAT since they were going to be free. But I'm not looking to open a can of worms as she'd be really suspicious no doubt if it was the exact same light. She's no dummy, and doesn't miss a thing (no matter how hard I try). LOL

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

LOL......... I've actually been contacted by a couple of company's about using their LED's in a documented grow, AND SHE WAS FINE WITH THAT since they were going to be free. But I'm not looking to open a can of worms as she'd be really suspicious no doubt if it was the exact same light. She's no dummy, and doesn't miss a thing (no matter how hard I try). LOL
Well I emailed to see if they will ship to Canada if I pay..... here's to hoping otherwise I have to wait for the new year. Up here they are about $2100 taxes in for just the light.

sshz

sshz

So how many people have heard of "photoinhibition"??????

It's the inhibition of plant growth from very high intensity light. High intensity light basically damages plant cells and inhibits photosynthesis. It's actually a form of stress to the plant.

Apparently this is what is going on under my Gavita's, I just placed them too close to the plants, and this is why the plants remain so short. It just took a while to figure it out. Now we have a name for it.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It's the inhibition of plant growth from very high intensity light. High intensity light basically damages plant cells and inhibits photosynthesis. It's actually a form of stress to the plant.

Apparently this is what is going on under my Gavita's, I just placed them too close to the plants, and this is why the plants remain so short. It just took a while to figure it out. Now we have a name for it.

seems with over 3lbs per light nothing is wrong at all. Its the top end of production. I think the plants just grow different under them and its you who needs to adjust and adapt.

Madmax

Madmax

Id buy a cheap lux meter sshz..i bought this between 30-40 bills..i had my floresence light at bout 5-6 inches away on my seedlings at beginning of grow to stop them stretching and left it there for a fortnight..i put the lux meter to that distance and it was 26k lux lol..😮. Have it at 7k lux right now.my seedlings which are only on there 2nd day under light grew an inch on there first nigt lol..i hate stretchy seedlings.
20201019 132853

Cracken

Cracken

l think i mentioned that

with CO2 it will off set the issue. I did mention the light intensity before as a possible cause, when i mentioned about the exhale bags maybe not producing enough CO2

Cracken

Cracken

Id buy a cheap lux meter sshz..i bought this between 30-40 bills..i had my floresence light at bout 5-6 inches away on my seedlings at beginning of grow to stop them stretching and left it there for a fortnight..i put the lux meter to that distance and it was 26k lux lol..😮. Have it at 7k lux right now.my seedlings which are only on there 2nd day under light grew an inch on there first nigt lol..i hate stretchy seedlings.View attachment 1060476
the PPFD is really what to measure if you want to know how intense the light is for the plant. that is the light energy and with not enough you get stretch, and too much you get stunted growth. but we all know this. right?

Madmax

Madmax

the PPFD is really what to measure if you want to know how intense the light is for the plant. that is the light energy and with not enough you get stretch, and too much you get stunted growth. but we all know this. right?
Not me haha..runs and hides behind sofa..ive seen clippings and threads stating 10 k lux for seedlings..so i guess thats all bullshit now .and i thought i was giving the girls too much first grow when infact i was spot on just watching them after lowering it to 5-6 inches...

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I did find a "PPFD" app but it got a low ratings and numerous people complained it didn't work......it was only a couple of dollars. There's plenty of LUX apps that appear to be solid but like Cracken said, you want to measure photons, not LUX.

I'm second in an NFL picks contest on Pregame that pays $4900 to the winner. If I can manage that, I'll splurge and buy a nice $500 unit. Otherwise, maybe after the next crop.

Actually, this $5 app for PPFD has possibilities. I need to research it more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I did find a "PPFD" app but it got a low ratings and numerous people complained it didn't work......it was only a couple of dollars. There's plenty of LUX apps that appear to be solid but like Cracken said, you want to measure photons, not LUX.

I'm second in an NFL picks contest on Pregame that pays $4900 to the winner. If I can manage that, I'll splurge and buy a nice $500 unit. Otherwise, maybe after the next crop.
You can convert lux to ppfd but its not absolutely accurate. I can see if someone has done the conversions on them just for info. I mean I know your new to LED but IMHO this was just a hiccup and doubt you need a meter to tell ya what to do.

And ill take this opportunity to try and sell ya on co2 😁. I know I can be an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom