Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

As I've privately told others, the size of the colas was my deciding factor. I'm positive the late defoliation hindered the plants and it appears there are no large colas in the room anywhere. When I started pulling out plants for a further inspection, I'm guessing the plants were holding around 3 oz each. I got over 4 oz with the Orange Gasm.

So, if you multiply 3 oz by 24 plants, that's around 72 oz and since I tend to be very conservative with my guesses, I added 6 more oz for a total of 78 oz in the room.

Cracken- your guess was 98 oz right???

And with all that, I am starting to revisit doing defoliations. I'm starting to believe the key (along with the timing) is to remove the leaves towards the center of the plants, not the outer stuff. The center stuff is more condensed and block more light heading down the branches. The outer leaves block more the tops of branch colas, which I think is less of an issue. More on this down the road.

beluga

beluga

I am starting to revisit doing defoliations. I'm starting to believe the key (along with the timing) is to remove the leaves towards the center of the plants, not the outer stuff. The center stuff is more condensed and block more light heading down the branches. The outer leaves block more the tops of branch colas, which I think is less of an issue. More on this down the road.
I kinda suspected so much myself.
I actually wonder if, because you're keeping those outer solar panels, if the need for inner-canopy leaves is all that high compared to the need for light penetration and its effect on ripening.

I recently posted this little sneaky lady, which I was surprised to get under a still pretty thick canopy.. but one in which I defoliated the innards (basically just looked up underneath them to see where the most blackout spots were and removed).
dsc_2452-jpg.1067264
1039154-02611e1935333216d096c9e76e43a104.jpg

sshz

sshz

Anyone ever use one of these in their reservoir?

The PerfectpH is a revolutionary pH stabilizer that automatically balances the pH of your hydroponics system or reservoir, keeping it in the ideal range for optimal nutrient absorption. PH maintenance is an essential factor in any hydroponics setup. Without the plants being naturally rooted in the ground, excess alkalinity builds up in the system, creating a toxic environment for the plants. The perfectpH solves this by removing the positively-charged ions that cause this build up, creating the perfect pH environment for your plants. For only $251............... and the link:

Zelda horticulture perfectph natural ion ph balancer capsule

Anthem

Anthem

The PerfectpH is a revolutionary pH stabilizer that automatically balances the pH of your hydroponics system or reservoir, keeping it in the ideal range for optimal nutrient absorption. PH maintenance is an essential factor in any hydroponics setup. Without the plants being naturally rooted in the ground, excess alkalinity builds up in the system, creating a toxic environment for the plants. The perfectpH solves this by removing the positively-charged ions that cause this build up, creating the perfect pH environment for your plants. For only $251............... and the link:

View attachment 1067530
going to have to run out and buy some of those Sshz!!!
Thank You for the tip!!!!!!!!!!

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

neat but only guaranteed for a year even using the expensive recharge kit.

sshz

sshz

The initial ad says it lasts 1 year, but the recharge kit says it should be changed out every 2-3 months.......

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The initial ad says it lasts 1 year, but the recharge kit says it should be changed out every 2-3 months.......

the review says it can last longer but no way to trust how long. Also says if you size up they simply last longer in the smaller res.

Positive review. Pricey product.

sshz

sshz

7 weeks done flowering tomorrow, i’ll do a couple videos I think then. The pistils on many of the plants are starting to dry up and most branches have thickened a bit. I’m not sure I’ll need much more than 9 weeks to finish these off properly, but depending on how it goes, I’ll decide later about when to expand the light to 18/6, probably for no more than 7-10 days max. Back tomorrow morning with pic’s.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

$50 for 1 seed.....$500 for a pack of 10 from Dutch Passion called "THC- Victory"

"After several attempts Dutch Passion have a stabilized THCV rich variety, the first one on the market. THC-Victory is a unique plant with a 1:1 ratio of THC and THC-V, the long sought-after, new cannabinoid. THCV short for tetrahydrocannabivarin is of great medical interest in several fields. Usually THCV is an antagonist for THC, slightly suppressing the effects. THCV is usually a very minor component in most cannabis varieties. More medical research is required to discover the full potential of THCV.

THC-Victory is a medium sized variety and can be slow during early vegetative growth. After the 3rd internode she picks up speed and vigor. Yield is average, terpenes lean towards the citrus side of the spectrum. The trichomes contain a roughly even amount of THC and THCV, around 6-8% of each."

seems a little pricey... $499.95 10 fem pack

sshz

sshz

If you remember in the Orange Gasm thread, we were talking about gummies and I mentioned a capsule kit I used to buy out of Canada that made super strong resin oil capsules for medical use......so I looked and couldn't find the name or the company during the Gasm thread.

Tonight I found the name in an old thread of mine on a sports forum from 2015 LOL........... I occasionally do threads on horse racing in a internet sports forum. I was in there tonight and I saw I gave out the name of the company to a guy who was having pain issues. The kit was called Cannabrix based out of Canada. This was a complete kit containing what you need to make medical grade capsules (except the pot) which I used for years before making gummies. It used lecithin, pepper extract, etc that made the process quick and easy and very potent capsules- without having the double boiler stage to make the oil for long periods of time. The reason I jumped to gummies was the capsules would give me incredible heartburn and I'd be burping up pot oil all night long.

They appear to be out of business now, or are doing something totally different since I can't find anything about them anymore and the storefront is no more. Anyone hear of Cannabrix?

Last edited:
Dopey28

Dopey28

View attachment 1067530

I have been looking these over for a bit now. These particular ones and licensing deal from “torus hydro perfectph”.

They come from torus in the original seen there or also an inline version (original being designed for rdwc dwc systems) and inline being for like nft, drip, flood drain etc
There recharge solution is like 89$ a litre and that’s enough to recharge a 100 gal stick 4 times or a 35 gal 8 times. Your supposed to size them based on rez size not system size. You still have to initially set your ph but then the perfect ph works as a buffer keeping it in a specific range after that.

it has been difficult to find real people who have actually used this product...... there social media accounts have good reviews and poor reviews. A lot of the poor reviews seem to be people who didn’t grasp what the products purpose is or how it’s used properly.....

I have managed to find like 3 people who weren’t given in for free have actually been using the torus version for more than a few weeks. They were on crop 2,3 and 4 with it they all seemed to love it. It does seem like RO or low ppm starting water works best and high ppm start water can affect its ability the control ph along the water temp affecting its efficiency.

hope that helps anyone interested

beluga

beluga

pepper extract
I've never heard of the product, but this is very interesting to me and something I never thought of, for whatever reason...

So, piperine (black peppercorn extract) helps with the absorption of curcumin (turmeric extract) by slowing the metabolic rate of the liver and by helping to increase the absorption of intestinal walls.
This (as a synergetic to curcumin) was the only application that I'd heard of for piperine... but it absolutely makes sense that it could be used elsewhere.
Especially such applications like cannabinoids that are quickly processed by the liver, reducing their availability.
I could imagine having that slowed metabolizing paired with increased absorption would be especially beneficial for those taking it for sleep, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, etc. where you want it to remain in your system for a long time.

I'm surprised it's not more common to use piperine in all sorts of medications (mostly herbal I'm thinking) and I imagine there's some good reasons as to why not to in certain applications... but others..?

Went a bit tangential there... excuse me! But thanks for igniting that intrigue.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
$50 for 1 seed.....$500 for a pack of 10 from Dutch Passion called "THC- Victory"

"After several attempts Dutch Passion have a stabilized THCV rich variety, the first one on the market. THC-Victory is a unique plant with a 1:1 ratio of THC and THC-V, the long sought-after, new cannabinoid. THCV short for tetrahydrocannabivarin is of great medical interest in several fields. Usually THCV is an antagonist for THC, slightly suppressing the effects. THCV is usually a very minor component in most cannabis varieties. More medical research is required to discover the full potential of THCV.

THC-Victory is a medium sized variety and can be slow during early vegetative growth. After the 3rd internode she picks up speed and vigor. Yield is average, terpenes lean towards the citrus side of the spectrum. The trichomes contain a roughly even amount of THC and THCV, around 6-8% of each."

seems a little pricey... $499.95 10 fem pack
There was someone here running thc victory this summer....i don't remember it being that pricey though.

sshz

sshz

If today is Tuesday, then another week of flowering has gone by. 7 weeks done, it's seems to be at a crawl right now for me. I kind of just want it over so I can move on to the Bebop. And still not looking forward to the trimming of this crop.............

I'll starting to get cold feet about the 18/6 On/Off thing. I've talked to a lot of people about this......... long time growers, very knowledgably people. I've just grown hesitant about it and now I'm not sure I want to play around with the plants as the end gets closer. Everyone has an opinion and some interesting thoughts about it have been spoken......... I still have a week or more to decide.

I'm now flushing every 3rd watering...........I'll stop the Cal/Mag in 7-10 days too. Otherwise just giving them Botanicare Pure Blend Pro 1-4-5 between 550ppm and 850 ppm, using a mix of r.o. water and dehumidifier water each watering, with some occasional tea. By flushing some now, I'll be able to continue with some fertilizer near the end and flush no more than a week.

I'm working on some pics/videos now.......

sshz

sshz

Some comments......... it looks like there's 2 finishing pheno's- an 8.5 and a 9.5 week. Some plants are definitely ahead of others. Maybe it's 9-10 weeks depending on the trichomes. I won't even start looking at trichome coloring until 90% of the pistils have receded. I've decided not to alter the hours to 18/6 the last 7-10 days. I just pussy-ed out and didn't want to take a chance of something negative happening. I have too much at stake. But I will be trying it out on a plant or two in the near future.

I'm in 2nd place out of 69 entries with 3 weeks to go in the Pregame.com football contest. Just a 1/2 point behind. Winner gets $4830 for the win, 2nd place pays $1380.

Winner21144
SSHZ43.5
Cisco3 (Entry 2)40.5
J050140
Toopy40
CarsonK40
shivaseven39.5
bloodydamndogs39
Luckycharms39
Fishzhang39
joshcam2339

sshz

sshz

But no large cola’s....... and that’s where the weight builds up. But definitely better than the last few weeks. I’ll let them go long and hope they can make up some weight in denisity and the sheer number of branches but I’m expecting about a lb less on each side of the room, compared to the Orange Gasm. That would take me to 106 - 32 = 74 oz total.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

But no large cola’s....... and that’s where the weight builds up. But definitely better than the last few weeks. I’ll let them go long and hope they can make up some weight in denisity and the sheer number of branches but I’m expecting about a lb less on each side of the room, compared to the Orange Gasm. That would take me to 106 - 32 = 74 oz total.
I think they got a fair bit of growing left... but we'll see.

sshz

sshz

I’m seeing reports of people using UVB after harvest, while the buds are drying and not while they are growing. Anyone else see these reports? I’m imagining since the resin acts as a defense mechanism to diffuse the UVB light, and the buds are still “living”, anything is still possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom