Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madmax

Madmax

I was about to say I too used Phresh, one of them was like 4 ft tall floor model, a moster that I need help to move. The other was smaller, neither made much of a a dent. Maybe I was running my fan too fast?
Most likely crap carbon..rc-48 is good shit.but you did say you was running phresh so it would have had quality rc-48 virgin carbon..the cfm of the filter has to b higher than the fan speed.my 8 is 710cfm filters rated at 750.i can only smell the weed when fans off.my rooms only 5x5.i went big so i can have fan running low speed...phresh are brilliant fans and filtration components.just a little noisy..

sshz

sshz

To scrub, you pull the air thru and to exhaust, you push is thru????

Just read that again, makes no sense. Where is the fan placed in regard to the filter?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I was about to say I too used Phresh, one of them was like 4 ft tall floor model, a moster that I need help to move. The other was smaller, neither made much of a a dent. Maybe I was running my fan too fast?

i need to catch up on this chat but high humidity will render carbon filters useless. Phresh says 65% max i think without looking it up.

and negative pressure is critical.

sshz

sshz

Does having a larger filter than recommended help more, if you use the properly rated fan???? Only a 6 inch fan is recommeded, but I have an 8 inch in the room already?????

A 6 inch won't creat negative pressure, but my 8 inch surely does...............

And does the pot smell less after harvest?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Does having a larger filter than recommended help more, if you use the properly rated fan???? Only a 6 inch fan is recommeded, but I have an 8 inch in the room already?????

A 6 inch won't creat negative pressure, but my 8 inch surely does...............
It may? Idk. But it also may just cause airflow to change... meaning drawing from the top of the filter closest to the fan. I dont see an issue other than paying for a bigger filter than needed?

Madmax

Madmax

Go the 8 bro.you can have it running on low with controller and when you need to get her cranking just turn her up and bobs your uncle....filter goes on end of fan and it sucks the smell out.you just need to use a passive setup with a shutter.your passive holes needs to b bigger then the fan size as to not over work the fan...i have 2 6 inch passive shutters side by side but you can place them where they would work best.the passive holes are best put furthest away from filter like at rear of room as air coming through can just get sucked straight back out.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

And what about inline phresh filters vs. reg ones????????

i have used both. Both worked well. But i question the life of the inline filter as it has no prefilter. And its more expensive i think.

with my grow these filters last 18 months and show no signs of smell yet.

shaking them a bit from time to time gives new carbon surface area so i do that.

sshz

sshz

Just for fun, I counted the branches tonight.............. 253 from 16 plants, almost 16 branches a plant. Remember though, I cut the top of each plant that has 4-6 small branches and the main cola still intact. 8 more plants will add about another 128 branches, leaving 381 (give or take) total branches out of the room. Let's do some estimating:

381 X 5 grams per branch = 1905 grams (68 oz)

381 X 6 grams = 2286 (81 oz)

381 X 7 grams = 2667 (95 oz)

381 X 8 grams = 3048 (109 oz)

I think 5 and 6 grams per branch is out of the question....... and 9 grams per branch would take the total over 120 oz, also highly unlikely. Then again, by my initial observations, I think the Gasm 106 oz will be beaten, but just barely............

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Just for fun, I counted the branches tonight.............. 253 from 16 plants, almost 16 branches a plant. Remember though, I cut the top of each plant that has 4-6 small branches and the main cola still intact. 8 more plants will add about another 128 branches, leaving 381 (give or take) total branches out of the room. Let's do some estimating:

381 X 5 grams per branch = 1905 grams (68 oz)

381 X 6 grams = 2286 (81 oz)

381 X 7 grams = 2667 (95 oz)

381 X 8 grams = 3048 (109 oz)

I think 5 and 6 grams per branch is out of the question....... and 9 grams per branch would take the total over 120 oz, also highly unlikely. Then again, by my initial observations, I think the Gasm 106 oz will be beaten, but just barely............
9g per branch on average is not out of the question imo. Those tops with "small branches" by themselves have ____________.

sshz

sshz

Yeah, but there’s a bunch of small stuff too, maybe only 2-3 grams each so between 7-8 is a reasonable number. The Gasm colas were larger all around, but there weren’t as many branches. If it’s not 100, I’ll be absolutely shocked and demand a recount. What is “108” is my final guess Alex.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Yeah, but there’s a bunch of small stuff too, maybe only 2-3 grams each so between 7-8 is a reasonable number. The Gasm colas were larger all around, but there weren’t as many branches. If it’s not 100, I’ll be absolutely shocked and demand a recount. What is “108” is my final guess Alex.
See how they dry....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom