Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Yup.........A few months ago some friends and I started a list of all the strains I’ve grown (and sold) and we stopped at 125. Zombie made sense because of yield, stays short, husky plants, 95% indica, cheap price and good buzz which would have been better if I let it go longer. And I wanted another chance to get her right.

Mahav........ post a link, make it easy for everyone to find the grow.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Mahav........ post a link, make it easy for everyone to find the grow.

Good point. I’m wary of advertising my own grow in your thread, but I respect everyone in here and want all your opinions, too. Here’s my girls:

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Question: are you seeing any branching yet?

Reason I ask: I noticed there was a bit of branching trying to poke through. More than my hash plant structure plants. Then I pulled the fan leaves overhead right on flip and those branches went nuts. They actually got above the main stem! Then the main stem bounced back and seems to like, be running from them? Like they catch up and she shoots up a bit more. You can see it in the pics. I think that's why I got so much vertical growth in stretch (she way more than doubled... roughly 11" day one of flower to 28" today, 20 days into flower) vs my other plants (chemdog did the same thing but a little less stretch). Like you've said, your lights are different. Just something I noticed.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I haven't really looked but some bending downward of some sun leaves would probably open things up a bit.......I'll look later on and report back.

Growingfather

Growingfather

I’ve noticed u do a lot of grows starting from seed. Is it for variety reasons or do u prefer growing seeds in general

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Question for you sshz, I saved your gummy recipe from the orange gasm thread. You use 2-3oz of bud into 12oz coconut oil, any guesstimation how you would modify the recipe for trim? I have an ounce of trim from my outdoor plant and I’m wondering how much oil I should infuse it into, and how much of that oil id put into a recipe. Ideally I’d like to get the whole oz worth of THC into the batch of gummies so they have some good kick to em.

sshz

sshz

First off, add the sunflower lethicin To the mix, it definitely has improved the overall consistency. I bought capsules from amazon, cost less than $10, and were here in 2 days with prime.

I use 1/3 of a cup of the coconut oil, I can’t tell you how it compares to other oils and such. I’m going to put up a revised recipe, as I just made them last week and they turned out wonderful. I’ll do it tonight During the game.

regarding branches off the plants, they are so small and thick, there is no bending them for fear of breaking them. The sun leaves are definitely blocking the light To them, and they just need some time to develop. No matter if the plants end up 8 inches or 12 inches or somewhere in between, they will go Into flowering At 5 week, 2 weeks from today (Hopefully).

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I got that happening on one of my branches.im nipping one out so they are back on 2..
If it's happening on one branch, it's an anomaly i think, every branch on this plant does that, (every level) it's a total freak, I think she would make an excellent motherplant. None of her sisters did it either, just her.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Milson, you've been saying that for 2 weeks. LOL These lights just don't allow much stretch, I've accepted that. I want them at 1 foot, then I'll start flowering them. After the Orange Gasm grow, I know I can produce massive weight with short plants. Actually, I'm not disappointed as it makes the grow SO MUCH EASIER in the long run.

No CO2, why bother with it. What am I going to do, increase weight another 10-15%- that another 10-15 oz? I told everyone that final weight would be the deciding factor and it was decided for me. 106 oz from the last grow is plenty for a single grow. I still have the Exhale bags hanging in there, which are supposed to last around 6 months. But with the exhaust running while the lights are on, I don't see how it's worth it (very much, anyway). The CO2 increases the growth rate so much, it would just be more to handle. I've also heard from 2 LED companies that are interested in me doing a documented grow with their lights, so I'm in early discussion with both of them (which means a second room!) if I move forward with one of them.

Regarding VPD, In cannabis cultivation, VPD refers to the difference between vapor pressure within a plant and the vapor pressure of the air surrounding the plant. VPD is responsible for driving a process in the plant known as transpiration, which directly impacts plant health.

To be honest, I'm more of a meat and potatoes guy- as opposed to others on here, I don't dwell on the details, just the results. I was a Biology major in college- lots of plant knowledge (although I ended up with an accounting degree and then an MBA in Finance), ran the 2nd largest organic farm (875 acres) in the U.S. and was a Director of Operations for a large Garden Store chain in my area. My background allows fine results with basic knowledge, but lets not forget all the growing too since 1988 (12 + 20= 32 years- Oh my god, I'm old). LOL

That's really cool actually, thanks for opening up about your background a little. That gives me hope I can build upon biology background also. (although it wasn't farm based) Working in healthcare isn't all that much different than working with plants TBH, it's all care, it's just the specifics are somewhat different. Managing the big picture is going to mean big (possibly multi-million dollar) salaries for guys like you in the coming years, it's indeed happening already, I hope your fairly young sshz, and wish you all of the best success.

To do this really well, I can see one must have good organizational and business management skills, tech skills, a sound biological and/or farming background, and good people, communication, delegation & teaching skills, all rolled into one. You seem to have that covered well, or at least, a good part of it.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
First off, add the sunflower lethicin To the mix, it definitely has improved the overall consistency. I bought capsules from amazon, cost less than $10, and were here in 2 days with prime.

I use 1/3 of a cup of the coconut oil, I can’t tell you how it compares to other oils and such. I’m going to put up a revised recipe, as I just made them last week and they turned out wonderful. I’ll do it tonight During the game.

regarding branches off the plants, they are so small and thick, there is no bending them for fear of breaking them. The sun leaves are definitely blocking the light To them, and they just need some time to develop. No matter if the plants end up 8 inches or 12 inches or somewhere in between, they will go Into flowering At 5 week, 2 weeks from today (Hopefully).
Yeah the same thing as mine. They were really pushing up hard and were very sturdy. Curious what happens after defoliation....soon......

sshz

sshz

I retired at 49, and have only grown for my income the last 15 years. So not so young at 64 (but with a mid-30's mentality). LOL The wife has a solid job too, and I do really well betting horses and football too. Easy peasy.

I grow from seed for variety mainly and I've found clones don't yield as well. It's just easier TBH, I don't have to rely on anyone else. I've kept mothers alive for years at different times, but i don't want to have to open another room unless it's necessary.

sshz

sshz

"Yeah the same thing as mine. They were really pushing up hard and were very sturdy. Curious what happens after defoliation....soon...... "

You will be defoliating long before me. LOL I don't want to touch mine.

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

I never mentioned I was buying these to anyone on the this site until I did. I did some general research, but have friends in Denver who recommended these to me. They manage large grow operations, I trust their opinion explicitly. As I've stated previously many times, I wanted to lower my room heat in the summer and thought these would accomplish this. Little did I expect to be running hotter than I did when I was using HPS.

Runs HOTTER than hps? Well that FN sucks balls. I pick my 3 up in 3 days.

Much appreciate the heads up on the controller and needed adapters per unit (x3 in my case). I put the order in this am.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
"Yeah the same thing as mine. They were really pushing up hard and were very sturdy. Curious what happens after defoliation....soon...... "

You will be defoliating long before me. LOL I don't want to touch mine.
Are you not defoliating in flower?

sshz

sshz

Runs HOTTER than hps? Well that FN sucks balls. I pick my 3 up in 3 days.

Much appreciate the heads up on the controller and needed adapters per unit (x3 in my case). I put the order in this am.

Go back to the Orange Gasm thread and read all about why it's better to keep the room in the 80-82 degree range. I also was naïve about it but the room will perform better in that range under LED's. Here's the thread, read it and you'll have a change of heart.

https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/irie-seeds-orange-gasm-under-gavita-pro-1700e-leds.113333/

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

Even with co2? I run 85 from flip to week 6. Then drop temps last 2.75 weeks.

sshz

sshz

And yes, I’ll be defoliating but the plants have to get larger before I even consider it......

sshz

sshz

Some late night ramblings........listening to some music. I find it interesting that I'm struggling with how short these friggin plants are. With so many years growing, I thought I pretty much had seen it all and generally am able to counter-act issues and make things well again. I think what most people find interesting with my threads is, most everyone of my grows manages turns out well- high quality, nice yield, etc.- time and again. Many people have said something to that effect if you read thru my older threads over at RIU. I just don't have poor grows. (knock on wood).

So I find myself in an unusual place. I can't say I ever remember plants so short at this point. Some Bubba Kushes can be really short and I did a Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush that were all like "minature" plants, but I'm stumped on how to proceed. I might be a day or two away from pulling the LED's out and putting the HPS's in until flowering. The plants are very healthy, I watered tonight and did some inspection- I think they are actually healthier than the Orange Gasm plants were at this point.

So, here's a comparison of the growth with pic's:

Day 14 post #84

Day 16 post #129

Day 21 post #171

My decision in the next day depends where I think the plants will be in 2 more weeks of veg. They seem to be picking up speed, but that's like snail speed then to turtle speed now. I guess I can also add more red light to the room too, that will have to be thought out more. The only thing that's actually changed in the room is the addition of the reflective plastic on the walls (and possibly adding MORE white light to the plants than last grow).

So, what do you think and what's my next step.

Madmax

Madmax

Some late night ramblings........listening to some music. I find it interesting that I'm struggling with how short these friggin plants are. With so many years growing, I thought I pretty much had seen it all and generally am able to counter-act issues and make things well again. I think what most people find interesting with my threads is, most everyone of my grows manages turns out well- high quality, nice yield, etc.- time and again. Many people have said something to that effect if you read thru my older threads over at RIU. I just don't have poor grows. (knock on wood).

So I find myself in an unusual place. I can't say I ever remember plants so short at this point. Some Bubba Kushes can be really short and I did a Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush that were all like "minature" plants, but I'm stumped on how to proceed. I might be a day or two away from pulling the LED's out and putting the HPS's in until flowering. The plants are very healthy, I watered tonight and did some inspection- I think they are actually healthier than the Orange Gasm plants were at this point.

So, here's a comparison of the growth with pic's:

Day 14 post #84

Day 16 post #129

Day 21 post #171

My decision in the next day depends where I think the plants will be in 2 more weeks of veg. They seem to be picking up speed, but that's like snail speed then to turtle speed now. I guess I can also add more red light to the room too, that will have to be thought out more. The only thing that's actually changed in the room is the addition of the reflective plastic on the walls (and possibly adding MORE white light to the plants than last grow).

So, what do you think and what's my next step.
Its abit of a coincidence you mentioned to use hps first then led in flower like something was telling you to do that sshz..im not sure you mentioned it here or in the gasm thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom