Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
tomatoesarecooltoo

tomatoesarecooltoo

Actually, it's "Tanglefoot" which I put at the base of each plant stem to catch any crawling critters (like mites) trying to migrate up the plant. LOL

It's a messy friggin job, the shit gets everywhere but it's quite effective and catches anything caught in it's grip.

Nice, thats how to stop a line of ants climbing your fruit tree. A lot of people just use vaseline. Never though of using that approach for cannabis indoors.

sshz

sshz

What are the effects of exposure to UV radiation?
Due to the very short penetration depth of UVR, the major organs at risk from exposure to UVR are the skin and eyes.
People who are overexposed to UVR may be unaware of their injury as it cannot be seen or felt and does not produce an immediate reaction. Over-exposure to UVR can cause sunburn, skin damage and skin cancer. The most obvious short-term effect of over-exposure to UVR is sunburn. The more UVR exposure, the worse the sunburn becomes. A person’s cumulative exposure to UVR along with the number of severe sunburns they have received, especially during childhood, increases their risk of developing skin cancer. Sun exposure causes the outer layers of the skin to thicken and long-term exposure can cause skin to wrinkle, sag and become leathery. Melanoma, the least common of the skin cancers but the most dangerous, may be related to severe exposure to solar UVR at an early age. Malignant melanomas may appear without warning as a dark mole or a dark spot on the skin.
UVR exposure also places the eyes at risk of photokeratitis, photoconjunctivitus and cataracts. Cataract is one of the most common types of eye damage in Australia. Cataract is the clouding of the lens of the eye, which is responsible for focusing light and producing sharp images. Without intervention cataract can lead to blindness.

NewWorld

NewWorld

It's "UVR", not UVB.........brand new fixture by Gavita, not available just yet.
I've read a few papers saying its UVB you need to increase potency. UVR in LED is referring to UVA which only mildly affects the plant. LED's can't produce the required UVB as migro explains in the video.

I'm only trying to help btw. Loving your grow so far.

sshz

sshz

Thanks, I know you are trying to help and it's appreciated. The issue here, I think, is that with these Givita's 1700e's- there is not enough red being offered so the plants stay super short, are leafy with thick stems. Some additional red is needed for elongation, so it's not about potency as much as elongation and getting some more stretch out of them.

If you go back to my first thread with the Gavita's, there are videos in there about this subject specifically.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Thanks, I know you are trying to help and it's appreciated. The issue here, I think, is that with these Givita's 1700e's- there is not enough red being offered so the plants stay super short, are leafy with thick stems. Some additional red is needed for elongation, so it's not about potency as much as elongation and getting some more stretch out of them.

If you go back to my first thread with the Gavita's, there are videos in there about this subject specifically.
I've been having trouble with stretch with my lumitek zeus pro. After researching seemed to be down to the lack of far red. Not sure what I'm going to do about it myself yet.

sshz

sshz

Gavita was well aware of the issue, I’m sure. Thus, that’s why they developed these new ones to help compensate for the lack of red.........

And I remembered the professor who’s videos we had linked- Bruce Bigsbee. Look him up........

The red diodes are also helpful cause they will penetrate further down the plant than the white light, helping to create solid buddage well below the canopy.

NewWorld

NewWorld

Hope you followed Harvey Smith too 😉

It makes sense why they'd use UVA along with far red. To stop over stretching. That gratitude bar you shared earlier, is it a stand alone? Or does it fit in the grativa fixture. If its stand alone I might get it myself when its released.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah thats what got me really interested in your first thread. Was wondering how they were going to flower under such a heavy blue spectrum. To me they looked great and now if you get these I'm curious to see how it affects yields.

sshz

sshz

GrowerHouse’s response regarding how many of these UV’s I would need......... it appears to me, they are recommending 4 in my setup, but I’d only need 3 if the led’s were back to back.

“The set up would depend on your grow.

We would recommend placing one UVR fixture in between each of your 1700e and on either end.

If you are using two separate cultivars with your two 1700e fixtures. I recommend four UVR lights in total. If you are using both 1700e fixtures together. 2-3 UVR fixtures would do.”

Madmax

Madmax

Too bad the leds arnt detachable or say you could slide em over abit as id like to put one at 1/3 and another 2/3rds or one ea end and 1 in the middle so they are evenly spread..its just how i think lol...puts bong down and steps back away very slowly ...

Edit: sqints eyes...just seen post # 514 😃 back under my rock i go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom