Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So Gavita is selling these new lights to increase resin production, not stem elongation......... I must be smoking too much.

Cancel the UV's.......... who can recommend some nice Far Red Supplemental Strips? LOL

cant go wrong with HLG.

i see they sell a uva bar too now.

but here is the far red bar.

Growingfather

Growingfather

GrowersHouse said if you have them next to each other, use 3 of them- one on each side and 1 in the middle. In my configuration, they recommend 4 of them. I still need to see how much they are charging for each 30 watt fixture, then I'll decide what I'm going to do, if anything.

I'm also figuring I could raise a 600 watt HPS above each LED, and dim the LED's down some, avoiding to have to buy them altogether. Run it that way in veg. Price will determine everything, at this point.
[/QUOTE]
So my source says there suite
GrowingFather received two of the new Gavita UV fixtures and it was his grow area you are looking at, not mine.....LOL

I'm so friggin confused by it all now, I may not do anything in the short term. I'm seeing some nice UVB fixtures for $250-$300 each, but I need to do more research.

The point remains though........, I can produce high quality product with superb weight, as proven by the last crop so I'm not overly concerned with adding them at this point. If I was growing for my own stash I'd be more apt to do it, but for the masses, they probably won't even know the difference.
Gavita UV’s r retailed at $120 but sold out really fast

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This is probably too low end for you, but it's what my newb ass uses....

Were i trying to supplement in your situation, i would use perhaps 24 bars. 12 per side. I use three in a 3x3 tent and i am going higher to either five or six.... I personally own 14 right now for use in various places (they are modular.. the "add ons" connect to the starter kit up to 5x by chaining).

Every plant i have tried them with has subjectively responded very positively in terms of growth and health.

But i mean, it's some shit off eBay according to some stoner on the internet (me) so I'm not exactly saying this is a screaming lead here.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with @MIMedGrower the hlg. Infact both the FR and UV will benefit photosynthesis and both work symbioticly FR with red and UVA with blue.

Now understand that all these FR, UVA, UVB. Provide minimal benefits with a pretty high cost. Non the less they are all beneficial.

Compare it to racing... the faster the car gets the more expensive it gets to make minimal gains.

I'll link this again even though I think I have before.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Quick note on that article.

The authors concluded that a low R:FR ratio during a long photoperiod (18 h light, 6 h dark/vegetative stage) is beneficial to the development of mature cuttings, contradicting popular belief in the cannabis industry.

So yes FR is a good addition

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Quick note on that article.

The authors concluded that a low R:FR ratio during a long photoperiod (18 h light, 6 h dark/vegetative stage) is beneficial to the development of mature cuttings, contradicting popular belief in the cannabis industry.

So yes FR is a good addition
The tropics, where pot grows very well, just happen to have a lower ratio for more of the day as well.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The tropics, where pot grows very well, just happen to have a lower ratio for more of the day as well.
So sounds like a good addition for veg and drop the FR supplement in flower. Then add UV for flower may be the ideal circumstance.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So sounds like a good addition for veg and drop the FR supplement in flower. Then add UV for flower may be the ideal circumstance.
I'm adding uv in flower but not dropping far red, purely on the principle of trying to stay closer to tropical sun and knowing I have no idea the full extents of far red (and neither does anyone else).

Btw, de facto the ratio goes up because I increase intensity but keep FR constant.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm adding uv in flower but not dropping far red, purely on the principle of trying to stay closer to tropical sun and knowing I have no idea the full extents of far red (and neither does anyone else).

Btw, de facto the ratio goes up because I increase intensity but keep FR constant.
Great point 👍

sshz

sshz

A few things tonight.........

I keep noticing when I lower the LED's or they grow a bit closer to the light, the plants react poorly. Closer is not necessary better, that's for sure. Then when I raise the lights 6 inches, 12 hours later the plants seem to look better to me. I need to try and stop "pushing" the envelope, just need to be patient and let things develop on their own.

I decided I'm going to buy 2 of the HLG 60 LED supplement lights...... there's really no rush, since I won't use them until veg in the next crop so I'll buy them as Xmas presents for myself. I like the spread of light these offer, they are waterproof and only 3 ft long- most I'm seeing that are similar are 4 ft.

HLG 60 SUPPLEMENT
High efficiency waterproof 60 watts LED BAR. Passive cooled and 3ft length provides a great spread with minimal shadows.

8 Blue (B) 470nm
8 Red (R) 630nm
16 Deep Red (DR) 660nm
4 Far Red (FR) 730nm

If anyone thinks they've found something better than these, please let me know.

And Contest entries close Sunday night at midnight. If you want in, get a move on it.

Odiesel

Odiesel

I keep noticing when I lower the LED's or they grow a bit closer to the light, the plants react poorly. Closer is not necessary better, that's for sure. Then when I raise the lights 6 inches, 12 hours later the plants seem to look better to me. I need to try and stop "pushing" the envelope, just need to be patient and let things develop on their own.

I decided I'm going to buy 2 of the HLG 60 LED supplement lights...... there's really no rush, since I won't use them until veg in the next crop so I'll buy them as Xmas presents for myself. I like the spread of light these offer, they are waterproof and only 3 ft long- most I'm seeing that are similar are 4 ft.

HLG 60 SUPPLEMENT
High efficiency waterproof 60 watts LED BAR. Passive cooled and 3ft length provides a great spread with minimal shadows.

8 Blue (B) 470nm
8 Red (R) 630nm
16 Deep Red (DR) 660nm
4 Far Red (FR) 730nm

And Contest entries close Sunday night at midnight. If you want in, get a move on it.
are you going to be using the 2 on just 1 side of the room or 1 for each side?

Growingfather

Growingfather

HLG 60 SUPPLEMENT

8 Blue (B) 470nm
8 Red (R) 630nm
16 Deep Red (DR) 660nm
4 Far Red (FR) 730nm

I’ve noticed that as well, the gavitas r strong lights my plants start to show symptoms of light stress when I move the lights closer than 12 inches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom