Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
I think itā€™s a gas, not a filament.......

Yea you are correct. Also the coatings applied to the glass. (phosphorus) But absolutely, metals are vaporized in the lamps, I forgot about that part. Regardless, it's the different temperatures of those "burning" metals that create, give us the various different spectrum.

Understanding this phenomenon well, I think, is one of the key components in the chain of events creating the most superb product we seek. I also think these spectrum are at minimum, partly responsible for "evolving" many of the different strains, terpenes and phenols the plant is creating. Spectrum fundamentally changes the cannabis genome, and carries along these changes into future generations. (along with other environmental factors)

It appears I often get different results, depending on the light source I'm using, with the same strains. I think specific spectrum is (at minimum) partly responsible.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think the problem with the CMH is that it's got components of all the spectrum, but it's bunched together in the 550-650 range, and missing some of the intensity required on both extreme's of the spetrum. It's also horribly inefficient.

Custom tailored spectrum are a reality people, and it's right around the corner, it's here in fact, but it's just now coming into focus.

Dialing in those spectrum is key, because the plants needs change though out the life cycle. When you've got 3000 little lights you can independently adjust intensity or turn on/off, it gives tremendous flexibility and efficiency.

People were openly mocking LED technology for years, (I've used them since 2010) but it's not the butt of jokes it used to be, just a short time ago. It's the future. It's critics have gone silent.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I think the problem with the CMH is that it's got components of all the spectrum, but it's bunched together in the 550-650 range, and missing some of the intensity required on both extreme's of the spetrum. It's also horribly inefficient.

custom tailored spectrum are a reality people, and it's right around the corner, it's here in fact, but it's just getting into focus.

you are thinking of the old cmh. The new ones are much more efficient than hps. I would put the 315 intensity equal to a 450 hps if there was such a thing but with a full sunlight spectrum and a 93 cri.

And thats the single ended phiilips. There is double ended too.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
you are thinking of the old cmh. The new ones are much more efficient than hps. I would put the 315 intensity equal to a 450 hps if there was such a thing but with a full sunlight spectrum and a 93 cri.

And thats the single ended phiilips. There is double ended too.

Yea, didn't know that, actually. These must be recent technology, I bet. I know there seems to be some technology progress with fluorescent as well. Because those T5's are a different animal from the older stuff, I could tell that straight away after looking it over carefully, but I didn't notice at first.

Also, the old fluorescent that I use in the kitchen, I took and disconnected the ballast units in them awhile back (they went bad) and instead of replacing it, I simply upgraded them to LED and hooked them directly into 120v AC, so they must have onboard drivers within the bulbs themselves, and are much brighter than the older stuff, and much more efficient.

You can get 4 foot bulbs with huge wattage (up to 48w) and 8 footers (up to 72 watts), and almost all color variations, so it would be interesting to see such a build. I see light units thrown out all the time (old fluorescent units out of buildings), it would be interesting to see someone build a room such as this. It could actually be done just with 16-20 gauge wire and a soldering iron, and a few 2x4's, I suspect.

Specification
  • Package: 6-pack
  • Length: 4ft
  • Power: 48W
  • CCT: 6000K
  • Luminous Flux: 110~120lm per watt
  • Lamp Power Factor: 0.95
  • Color Rendering Index (CRI): 85
  • Input Voltage: AC100~277V
If someone built them in going vertically in a room and put some in the centers, and along all the edges, it could probably do some huge plants, I bet.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Like these, less than $1,000 for 50 pack of 2800-3200 k bulbs, 8500 LM each, (425,000 LM) total (3,200 watts total).

I wonder what something like that would be capable of growing, if anything.

sshz

sshz

A few late night comments..........

It seems with each grow I get to a day when I can say, today's the first day I can really see the potential of the room, and tonight I finally got there. Just at lights out, I went in for a visit and everything was just so uniform with buds developing, and finally some of the led damaged (leaves turn lighter) are coming back green and looking better. I'll put up a pic of the Orange Gasm at the same flowering period on Tues (4 weeks) and there's a difference for sure- those buds and pistils seemed bigger and thicker as these are smaller but more developed up and down the branch.

For those of you who guessed OVER the weight of the last grow of 106 oz, just throw your entry away. Low 90's remains as my number, if that. I also had 1 plant on the left side and back corner go "sour" on me- got just f*cked up for some reason and looks like shit. I thought early on it was a Mg deficiency go bad, well it went on "steroids" bad if you get my drift. I may yank her out of there at some point, so mites don't hunt her down- they like the weak and problematic plants to attack.

I see that pen I'm gifting Mah is selling on Amazon for $99- WTF was I thinking, I thought it was a $30 pen. LOL

I've been getting about a 10 degree swing between night and day temps..........81.2 degrees with lights on, and 71 thru the night with lights off. I think that's perfect and I won't play with it until nights start getting below freezing outside. Then I may run the dehumidifier which blows some warm air and will keep the humidity in the low 40% range.

Lastly, I was in moving some plants around and got some wonderful fruity/berry smells so I went back to the strain description:

"the scent from her consists of blackberries and dry plum aroma thatā€™s slightly sickly"..................

Pretty damn close at this point I think, it put a smile on my face. And in 3 weeks from this Tuesday you'll be able to change you contest number by 10 oz up or down. I'm going from 92 to 88 oz.

Cracken

Cracken

SSHZ, sorry to hear there is a sickly girl among your batch. maybe some chicken soup could cheer her up, lol. looking at the times you post either you are in a different time zone (EST) or you are an early riser. I am usually awake at 4:30am for work so I peek on to check latest up dates.

Moshmen

Moshmen

QUOTE="sshz, post: 2530546, member: 61744"]
A few late night comments..........

It seems with each grow I get to a day when I can say, today's the first day I can really see the potential of the room, and tonight I finally got there. Just at lights out, I went in for a visit and everything was just so uniform with buds developing, and finally some of the led damaged (leaves turn lighter) are coming back green and looking better. I'll put up a pic of the Orange Gasm at the same flowering period on Tues (4 weeks) and there's a difference for sure- those buds and pistils seemed bigger and thicker as these are smaller but more developed up and down the branch.

For those of you who guessed OVER the weight of the last grow of 106 oz, just throw your entry away. Low 90's remains as my number, if that. I also had 1 plant on the left side and back corner go "sour" on me- got just f*cked up for some reason and looks like shit. I thought early on it was a Mg deficiency go bad, well it went on "steroids" bad if you get my drift. I may yank her out of there at some point, so mites don't hunt her down- they like the weak and problematic plants to attack.

I see that pen I'm gifting Mah is selling on Amazon for $99- WTF was I thinking, I thought it was a $30 pen. LOL

I've been getting about a 10 degree swing between night and day temps..........81.2 degrees with lights on, and 71 thru the night with lights off. I think that's perfect and I won't play with it until nights start getting below freezing outside. Then I may run the dehumidifier which blows some warm air and will keep the humidity in the low 40% range.

Lastly, I was in moving some plants around and got some wonderful fruity/berry smells so I went back to the strain description:

"the scent from her consists of blackberries and dry plum aroma thatā€™s slightly sickly"..................

Pretty damn close at this point I think, it put a smile on my face. And in 3 weeks from this Tuesday you'll be able to change you contest number by 10 oz up or down. I'm going from 92 to 88 oz.
[/QUOTE]
Still a great pull! But yet not finished yet and you kind yo be conservative, regardless of the yield itā€™s a great grow! Nice work

sshz

sshz

SSHZ, sorry to hear there is a sickly girl among your batch. maybe some chicken soup could cheer her up, lol. looking at the times you post either you are in a different time zone (EST) or you are an early riser. I am usually awake at 4:30am for work so I peek on to check latest up dates.

Iā€™m a late night guy and on the east coast........ I generally donā€™t go to sleep til between 3-4am so late night I am usually listening to music and typing in one of my different threads. When you get old, you donā€™t need as much sleep, as I usually take a short nap in the afternoon. Lol

Cracken

Cracken

Iā€™m a late night guy and on the east coast........ I generally donā€™t go to sleep til between 3-4am so late night I am usually listening to music and typing in one of my different threads. When you get old, you donā€™t need as much sleep, as I usually take a short nap in the afternoon. Lol
yes, the afternoon nap is always great.

sshz

sshz

I used to never have a problem sleeping, as I smoked enough that would be enough to put me out when I laid my head down on the pillow........ these days, taking gummies and not really smoking- I just go to bed when Iā€™m dead tired and not before.

What music? This is my guess.

I listen to a wide range of stuff, as I have about 500 songs ā€œlikedā€ on YouTube and usually just go thru that stuff....... my favorite stuff is Paul westerburg and or the replacements, plus Springsteen, old Motown stuff like the 4 tops and Marvin gay, Jackson brown, some 60ā€™s British band stuff like the Hollies,etc.,..........basically a wide range of older stuff and not much new crap. As a 50 year guitar player, I tend to listen to things I can play. No rap, disco, boy bands, etc......that stuff just disgusts me. Lol

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

WHAT! I thought they were like 50 or so myself and I was already floored by the kindness. If itā€™s not too late already, feel free to PM and we can talk about it. I donā€™t want you to regret giving it up after the fact.

On topic, glad to hear the girls are good and Iā€™m sorry to hear about your problem child šŸ™ but I still bet you can do 95 and make me a winner LOL. Inspirational as ever.

Sickly plant did that on her own even with the same food as everyone else? Kinda bizarre but I suppose these things happen.

sshz

sshz

"Sickly plant did that on her own even with the same food as everyone else? Kinda bizarre but I suppose these things happen."

Every plant gets treated exactly the same.....they all get fed from the same reservoir, sprayed the same, etc........ it's rare for something like this to happen to just 1 plant but I'm just figuring it just wasn't a healthy plant from the beginning and things very slowly started to become more pronounced. I'm still convinced it started as a slight Mg deficiency and things progressed from there. I'll put a pic up of her at some point.

sshz

sshz

Anyone ever hear about this seed company?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom