Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

Never mind about the above seed company....... they don't sell to the general public, only licensed grow facilities per their website.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Never mind about the above seed company....... they don't sell to the general public, only licensed grow facilities per their website.

yeah, looked very promising but I found the same when I tried to find any publicly available beans. Shame cause they sound very cool.

I always wondered what the benefit is in only selling to commercial ops.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Genetic diversity.... that saying, always one bad apple in the group... guess that includes plants 😁

I don't think so Aqua Man, I think that's one possible explanation, I suppose. But genetics didn't pop into my mind when I read this. My bet would be flora and possibly a "pocket" of pH imbalance or some sort of anaerobe infection below the soil line. (a bubble of infection, or undesirable flora, not encompassing the entire root ball, but just one small section of it, or possibly along the main branch of the root) aka, (a root abscess, or lesion of sorts). Anaerobes are my guess, and that they changed the pH at a critical spot in the plant, maybe at it's base right inside the main aspect of the root ball.

Now, we all don't have really anything to base these theory's upon, but my guess would be some sort of (anti-aerobic) infection. Would be interesting to do a post mortem, but I realize he's probably nursing this plant back to health. I've taken to inspecting and deconstructing all my root balls afterwards to check their densities and general root health, and try to learn something from them.

Last edited:
Kanzeon

Kanzeon

yeah, looked very promising but I found the same when I tried to find any publicly available beans. Shame cause they sound very cool.

I always wondered what the benefit is in only selling to commercial ops.

They have to worry less about being raided by the government? In Canada it's only legal to sell seeds to licensed producers. Which is why I give so many away.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Anyone ever hear about this seed company?

This actually sounds exactly what I'm trying to develop with my breeding endeavors on my main frankenstein. Although I'm sure they've thrown a lot more resources into creating it. A 20%+ bug and mold resistant strain that produces well outside, flowers/harvest early and can survive the rigors of harsh treatment, and challenging conditions.

Attention to details of density and morphology.

I bet it's the lynchpin of their entire lines, and is probably bred into all their strains to some degree or another. Apparently, it's not an auto, but I suspect it's got a tiny amount of those genetics also, giving it the "early" harvest ability. I suspect many of my photoperiods lines that have been crossed are going to have similar attributes.

sshz

sshz

Yes, I’m sure they are trying to limit their exposure to government intervention......so they limit seed sells.

Regarding the sick plant, the bottom half of the plant looks better, the top 1/2 is still doing poorly. She’ll have to go in the near future I’m guessing.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yes, I’m sure they are trying to limit their exposure to government intervention......so they limit seed sells.

Regarding the sick plant, the bottom half of the plant looks better, the top 1/2 is still doing poorly. She’ll have to go in the near future I’m guessing.
Yea, sounds like possibly a segment of the root system is affected, the part supplying the bottom half is recovering, the part supplying the top half is the part that collapsed, so whatever was effected is trying to regenerate underneath, I'm sure she'll recover eventually, the key is preserving what's been gained while it repairs itself, instead of further loss of past growth.

These sorts of things are bound to occur, it's just we don't get much focus or insight, on what's actually happening sometimes. Everyone want's to see the pretty clickbait, and turn the page when it gets ugly. I wish there was more focus in these types of issues, but it's often a mysterious and difficult subject to chronicle. Being buried in the roots it makes it even more complex to diagnose and study, because you cannot touch or visualize what's happening. Everything is filtered though secondary observation of the top side, and a myriad of vague symptoms and responses.

I suspect it happened within 2-3 weeks after the onset of flowering, (what week is this) at least for me, that's the most common time it happens. Usually end of week 1 or 2 during flower. It's related to the stress and different hormones being produced after the onset of flowering, because the plant can no longer dedicate immense resources to regeneration or "self correction", once it being channeled into flowering power. Sorta like white blood cells do in your body, in response to an infection. As you age, your response has increase latency and the replication turnover rates are decreased, as various cells replicate into rigid dedicated roles of very specific cellular functions.

sshz

sshz

I didn’t want to give the plant doing poorly much thought but your post had me thinking.......I’m 99% sure I know what happened and why........

Long story short I added some Epsom salts to a fertilizing and I’m assuming it didn’t get fully dissolved. That’s the last plant in the room to be watered, and it got a massive dose of the salts sitting at the bottom of the reservoir. Things went bad quickly.

I could have flushed it out and started over with it but I didn’t want to deal with it at the time. At this point, it is budding so it will produce something, just not sure how much.

So, that’s my guess and I’m sticking to it.

sshz

sshz

And I keep on getting questions regarding the gummie recipe in the Orange Gasm thread, so I think I'll post an updated recipe and ingredient list in the near future- along with a video or two maybe and some pic's. So that will be coming maybe tomorrow afternoon.............

sshz

sshz

List of ingredients, only things missing is water and dried pot. You'll also see some infused coconut oil in reserve, so you know what it will look like. Complete new recipe will be posted either later tonight or tomorrow.

IMG 0286

sshz

sshz

I also forgot to mention, I saw on Expert Seeds website that their Sweet Zombie is the #1 selling strain in their catalog........ they currently have a buy 1, get 1 sale going on plus 20% off the entire order. Many of their strains hermie, so you have to be careful what you pick, but I'm thinking if you stay within the indica's you should be fine. If I remember correctly, it was their sativa's that were causing all the issues.

I'm also looking at a new Ethos "Wedding Cake" strain to grow after the Irie Seeds "Bebop", which is coming up next. If you're new, I grew Ethos stuff exclusively for over 2 years and many of my grows can be found on RIU (or do a google search of "sshz and Ethos" and they should show up on the 1st page).

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

Also, just got an email that D.C. Seed Exchange is running a 30% off day on Black Friday. They carry some good breeders, like Mosca, Katsu, Big Worm and a bunch of smaller boutique breeders......no coupon necessary, just order on Friday.

www.dcseedexchange.com

This is very relevant to my interests

sshz

sshz

Only problem with that seedbank is they don’t carry a lot of fem’s, otherwise there good.

Cracken

Cracken

have you ever grown any "freedom of seeds" gear. i currently have a Mighty Grape that i am growing out and it seems like a great strain. just in veg it has some aroma with lots of close nodes. should be a good yielder

sshz

sshz

Not only have I not, I've never even heard of them................ let me look them up.

sshz

sshz

Any time I see a company claiming their strain will be done at 40 days flowering, it sends up a red flag as a marketing ploy....... just saying. Both strains are over 15-20 years old now, things get "tired" after awhile and although yield can stay, quality falls off with genetic drift, poor picking of parents, etc., etc. Keep us posted though...........

Freedom of Seeds Cannabis Seeds - Mighty Grape

Mighty Grape is a Dynamite x Grapefruit cross which produces a huge main cola, heavy yields of fruity, resinous DANK and a very creamy hash taste. This cannabis strain is a great indica and compact hybrid. With a supper fast finish after 1 week of veg 6 - 7 weeks finishing inside. Flowering Time: Indoor 40 - 47 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom