Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
he is talented at the new way of doing business and has become quite successful. But lets be honest. He doesnt sound educated in plant science. He speaks hype and conjecture mostly.
True, he does not sound educated about plant science lol. Almost nobody in this industry does afaik. It's mostly down to how serious a person can sound before people give up trying to follow their half conjectures and gestures at scientific papers that might or might not be related but would certainly require some seriousness to sit down and understand that many people either cannot or do not give to the problem (including sometimes the person referring to the paper). Growing things is also very complex and not super well understood anyway, especially indoors. As far as I can tell.

But he does have practical experience and he also seems like a decent dude, so there might be some nuggets in there.

beluga

beluga

True, he does not sound educated about plant science lol. Almost nobody in this industry does afaik. It's mostly down to how serious a person can sound before people give up trying to follow their half conjectures and gestures at scientific papers that might or might not be related but would certainly require some seriousness to sit down and understand that many people either cannot or do not give to the problem (including sometimes the person referring to the paper). Growing things is also very complex and not super well understood anyway, especially indoors. As far as I can tell.

But he does have practical experience and he also seems like a decent dude, so there might be some nuggets in there.
I think in terms of plant physiology, it's plenty valuable to draw from the information of relevant experiments and their collected data, as well as subjective experience.

In our example right now, I'd highly suspect that the difference is so negligible that either way you do it, you'll get good results if everything else during the grow was done proficiently.
It's like every other point of controversy... it works for some people sometimes and it doesn't for others other times. If someone gets a crazy-high yield from the same clones that they previously got not-crazy-high yields, they're going to speculate that everything they did the second time around was the pinnacle methodology.
I can easily picture the scenario of someone accidentally or intentionally switching their timers on the last week of flowering, getting awesome results, and then keeping up the practice and always getting those awesome results because everything else was done right.
But I can also easily apply plant physiology studies to the scenario and say that's nonsense and they should try to switch back to the usual photoperiod and they will see either the same or better results.

Bottom line: 🤷‍♂️

Cracken

Cracken

I think in terms of plant physiology, it's plenty valuable to draw from the information of relevant experiments and their collected data, as well as subjective experience.

In our example right now, I'd highly suspect that the difference is so negligible that either way you do it, you'll get good results if everything else during the grow was done proficiently.
It's like every other point of controversy... it works for some people sometimes and it doesn't for others other times. If someone gets a crazy-high yield from the same clones that they previously got not-crazy-high yields, they're going to speculate that everything they did the second time around was the pinnacle methodology.
I can easily picture the scenario of someone accidentally or intentionally switching their timers on the last week of flowering, getting awesome results, and then keeping up the practice and always getting those awesome results because everything else was done right.
But I can also easily apply plant physiology studies to the scenario and say that's nonsense and they should try to switch back to the usual photoperiod and they will see either the same or better results.

Bottom line: 🤷‍♂️
only true way to know for sure is two clones grown out and treated as equally as possible. then last week increase the light only on one plant. or a scaled up version would be 3 clones under 3 different light times. so now we need a volunteer to take on the task and post the results.
best way to settle a debate is to do the experiment

sshz

sshz

I'm surprised no one brought up Rasta Jeff's (of Irie Seeds) health issues....... I don't know all the details but he sustained a head injury some time ago and has brain damage to some degree. At times to me he seems a bit off, and maybe repeats himself too often, things like that in the podcasts.

I'll also mention my buddies in Denver love his stuff and recommended the Orange Gasm to me originally. He's small time, only sells his beans at 4 places, and doesn't appear to be a money grabbing piece of shit like so many of the breeders these days. But along with his breeding, he manages some of Denver's larger grow operations (or did at one time) I believe before his injury.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I'm surprised no one brought up Rasta Jeff's (of Irie Seeds) health issues....... I don't know all the details but he sustained a head injury some time ago and has brain damage to some degree. At times to me he seems a bit off, and maybe repeats himself too often, things like that in the podcasts.

I'll also mention my buddies in Denver love his stuff and recommended the Orange Gasm to me originally. He's small time, only sells his beans at 4 places, and doesn't appear to be a money grabbing piece of shit like so many of the breeders these days. But along with his breeding, he manages some of Denver's larger grow operations (or did at one time) I believe before his injury.
I don't know any details about his condition other than he has one. The amount he can pod by himself and not in conversation is amazing to me.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Your exactly right SSHZ he did have a bad head injury, I know he has talked about it a few times, my understanding is he still has a few smaller places and a couple large ones he run's in Denver yet , but your buddies down there will know more on that then I will. But I agree I think he's one of the more honest legit breeders, know one I know that knows him has anything bad to say about him.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

If we were in week 4, I'd say this will be an incredible room this time. Since we are in week 7, the cola's seem small to me, although there is a nice amount. Enclosed is another video showing them in detail..........

View attachment 1065362
It looks nice SSHZ , I know its hard to compare 2 different strains, but are you seeing the same bud density down through the plant like last time, I know there is variables like defoliating and stuff. I guess what I'm asking is do you think your getting the same out of the lights as last time, and has your opinion of the lights changed at all.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Love the lights, wouldn't change a thing. This is all USER ERROR- I fucked up. I defoliated heavily in week 3, just when they were starting to bud. I stunted them, I stalled them, I kind of fucked up. I've decided to lower my guess to the low to mid 80's- I'll decide by Sat night. I'm seeing 41 oz a side right now (or slightly higher), 82 oz total- but that's not my official number yet. And remember, I was getting around 64 oz a grow average under the HPS- so anything above that is just fine.

On the positive side to it all though- the pot reeks like hell and is sticky as shit. Resin content will not be an issue. And it smells exactly like the last time I grew it.

sfsdfuturegrower

sfsdfuturegrower

I used ro di water for a reef tank and bought a booster pump that helped tremendously with production.
I had my booster pump hooked up to a saddle valve. So it didn’t pressurize my pipes but just the unit. It made a big difference and I used it to fill up a 50 gal trash can with water. The water inlet would have gone to the right of the booster pump and then to my pre filter that has a pressure gauge.
Edit: Sorry about inserting such big pictures. I am new to the forum. Also I dont use the pump anymore because I don't currently have a reef tank that required pristine water.
632637FC 0680 4E04 AA00 F41A0FC253B1
32D6CB2F 8345 47CF 9B7D E0D400B108DA
161CF8AC 7820 4BA1 B21B 5261453C3025

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

It comes down to physics I would think.....when the plants get light, they get energy, which translates to bud/plant growth.

This was tested on accident.... The flowering tent was accidentally programmed to 18-6 instead of veg tent. Nobody noticed for 6 days....never seen that strain produce so much weight.

Instead of doing 18-6, when you think your plant is ready to chop......wait 2 more weeks.....same thing is accomplished.

Madmax

Madmax

With this extra growth does this mean more fresh pistils and bud stacked on top of already mature bud?

Madmax

Madmax

The plan is to have 20% amber at the chop I think..........more than usual I’m guessing.
20% is a good number.i dont do it any other way..pickup precious weight just that little bit longer..i usually cant wait till the end but when i get there i scope em and b like go a little longer.its like i dont want to chop them ha..

sshz

sshz

Really the main reason I’m going longer is for the weight, not the heavier buzz. I’m in no particular rush and since yield is questionable, I’m going to do what I can at this point.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

I'm curious... i have actually never heard of it. Would like to understand the reasoning or science behind it... I hate not know stuff lol.

Hey Aqua, I'll tell you you everything I know about it and to clear it up for everyone, your probably not going to find much science behind it, Its just one of those things that I know has been going on in the commercial cycle for a long time, and thats kinda where it stayed, I mentioned it a while back and just left it at that. people have heard of it and knew about like SSHZ said but its just not mainstream.

The only reason i brought it up again was because Rasta is the only commercial guy I heard talk about it openly, and he said it best the commercial guys just never talked about. out of all the guys I know that did it does it etc, none of them openly talked about it.

what i know is practical experience what I seen, remember these were big settings, hundreds, maybe thousands of plants, and to the contrary not all these guys are dumb, and their rooms are consistent, they know what their different strains are going to yield, so if you run a strain 3 or 4 times and your yield are very close, and then on the next time you do something different like change lighting and you notice , noticeable increased yield and quicker finishing, and then you can repeat that, I don't need anyone in a lab telling me whats happening. then other commercial guys hear of it, do it , get the same results that just reinforces what you all ready know. thats the very basic's Aqua if you want any more PM me

What i know is it worked for many guys in many rooms with all of different strains, but these were very consistent finely tuned rooms, will it work for everyone in their setup I don't know, are you going to see a big difference with a few plants probably not, I would think with 24 or so you would see noticeable difference. and not only do they do this with their lights for bud plants , but also do it for their seed plants as well. Some of you guys mentioned THC etc. I know when all this was going on , which wasn't yesterday, all the testing was still being done, and their was never a compromise with loss of THC terp, flavor etc. Me personally I liked to do a 24 hour dark period at the end and harvest from that.

Again I just put this out there for anyone, who maybe interested in, doesn't know of it and wants to look into it, if you want to argue, argue with yourself lol as I'm not interested in that. Sorry SSHZ I never should have started this in your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom