Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
sshz

sshz

So I finally heard back from my friends in Denver........my specific questions to them were:

1. Have they heard of the 18/6 light schedule at the end of flowering

2. Have they ever done it and if so, what were the results (would they recommend it)

3. Anything else they wished to add to the conversation

First off, some background. The 2 guys I'm friends with were Xerox executives who quit and moved to Denver about 5-6 years ago to get involved in the blossoming pot scene, to grow, breed, consult, etc., etc. They have a lot of money behind them, partners, workers, etc. It's a multi-location operation, big time growers now.

So their take was...... it's kind of an "underground" application that is becoming more and more mainstream as the word gets out- people have been happy with the results with no issues being reported. They have done it and while not doing it for every crop, they continue to do it regularly. They basically mentioned what Rasta Jeff mentioned i.e., stop fertilizing, plants should be nearly done when starting it, be consistent with the time (straight 18/6 every day-no variation), maybe raise the LED's a few more inches, etc.

After they caught up and read the thread, they said it would be a smart idea since I'm disappointed with the yield so I'll step up and test it- I'm going to try it in week 9 and 10. I don't think I have much to loose. My concern was plant stress which leads to hermies- they said don't vary the 18/6 and do it for no more than 12 days and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

So I'll continue in week 7 and 8 at 12/12, then switch to 18/6 and see how it goes..... stay tuned.

sshz

sshz

I forgot part of the conversation......I asked them how much more weight I could reasonably expect, which they argued about and never really gave an answer. They felt by doing this, it impacted "density" much more than the actual "size" of the buds. The buds became harder and denser but not necessarily visibly larger- got that?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Right when I was gonna offer up my cluster fuck of a grow to see if any negative effects... ill be watching. Still mind is going about the science behind it.... drives me nuts not knowing why this may work.

The only thing I can think of is the increased photosynthesis producing more energy for more growth. And because of DLI it only make sense to reduce the intensity

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Right when I was gonna offer up my cluster fuck of a grow to see if any negative effects... ill be watching. Still mind is going about the science behind it.... drives me nuts not knowing why this may work.

The only thing I can think of is the increased photosynthesis producing more energy for more growth. And because of DLI it only make sense to reduce the intensity

Like any cash crop technique faster turnaround or higher yield comes at what cost?

pros and cons to everything. I like to just keep the plants healthy until they are actually done growing. Which means no excessive pk and usually a couple extra weeks than is desirable to a commercial grow while giving the flowers a little less light and tapering the nutrients off as they need less to none.

I have had a cutting start to reveg in 12 days once. But the commercial grower says its ok so...

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

So I finally heard back from my friends in Denver........my specific questions to them were:

1. Have they heard of the 18/6 light schedule at the end of flowering

2. Have they ever done it and if so, what were the results (would they recommend it)

3. Anything else they wished to add to the conversation

First off, some background. The 2 guys I'm friends with were Xerox executives who quit and moved to Denver about 5-6 years ago to get involved in the blossoming pot scene, to grow, breed, consult, etc., etc. They have a lot of money behind them, partners, workers, etc. It's a multi-location operation, big time growers now.

So their take was...... it's kind of an "underground" application that is becoming more and more mainstream as the word gets out- people have been happy with the results with no issues being reported. They have done it and while not doing it for every crop, they continue to do it regularly. They basically mentioned what Rasta Jeff mentioned i.e., stop fertilizing, plants should be nearly done when starting it, be consistent with the time (straight 18/6 every day-no variation), maybe raise the LED's a few more inches, etc.

After they caught up and read the thread, they said it would be a smart idea since I'm disappointed with the yield so I'll step up and test it- I'm going to try it in week 9 and 10. I don't think I have much to loose. My concern was plant stress which leads to hermies- they said don't vary the 18/6 and do it for no more than 12 days and it shouldn't be a problem at all.

So I'll continue in week 7 and 8 at 12/12, then switch to 18/6 and see how it goes..... stay tuned.

Thanks for asking them and posting the reply, people may not like doing it or whatever , but they can't say I'm crazy lol , I seen some great results, and they are right, with stop feeding, keep the light consistent and time it that you don't run over 12 days, I try not to go over 10. Oh and yes lift the lights some they don't need that intense light like in their heavy flower weeks, they get what they need in that extra 6 hours. don't let your pots dry out to much especially in the say first 7 days you don't want them to accidentally wilt. Can't wait to see how it works out for you.

the three things I think you will notice is, extra swell, that swell you get right at the end should be enhanced, denser buds for extra weight and you should see them ripen up a little quicker.

I know over the years we hashed out many theories why but I'll save those for another day lol

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I assume more light is good and the question is really why the plants don't revert to desperation for reproduction.

Which...

Idk.

Maybe to do with commercial strains just taking abuse and being bred not to revert to monocecious traits?

The devotion to the magic 18/6 ratio is strange. I mean, rosenthal etc have said repeatedly they were just throwing out that and 12/12 as being in the realm of optimal and not actually optimal necessarily.....if you are going to play around, why not 19/5 etc etc.

🤷‍♂️

beluga

beluga

I assume more light is good and the question is really why the plants don't revert to desperation for reproduction.

Which...

Idk.

Maybe to do with commercial strains just taking abuse and being bred not to revert to monocecious traits?

The devotion to the magic 18/6 ratio is strange. I mean, rosenthal etc have said repeatedly they were just throwing out that and 12/12 as being in the realm of optimal and not actually optimal necessarily.....if you are going to play around, why not 19/5 etc etc.

🤷‍♂️
I still don't quite get where extra photosynthesis will provide any kind of additional weight anywhere but the leaves if the plant doesn't have adequate time to process what's been made and stored.
I guess 6 hours is adequate... is what it comes down to.
But, as you're saying... why not play around with that? I'd even go the opposite direction of maybe 14/10 or 15/9 if my understanding of nighttime processes isn't failing me.

sshz

sshz

As I've said in the past........I'm more results oriented and don't care too much behind the science or theory of it all. If it works out, great. If if doesn't, well at least we tried and we'll move on to the next thing.

Madmax

Madmax

Hey sshz..is the zombie virus the real deal through lineage genetics..im keen to purchase a pk..seen your post asking on it dec 2016...Omfg..the size of it..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Ok I cleaned a bunch of this up and don't want to again.

Let's remember that grow diaries are for the person posting to share thier grows and methods.

If there are topics that you want to heavily debate please start your own thread or grow diary. Grow diaries are for the people interested in the what the OP has to say and document how they they grow.

Simple rule of thumb:

1.There are specific sections to post on topics and debate... use them to debate in a civil manner to your hearts content.

2. Grow diaries... like moma said if you ain't got nothing nice to say don't say it.

sshz

sshz

I've calmed down, just taking a break from it all for a few days. But i wanted to change my contest number to 78........ you have til midnight if you want to follow my lead. I strongly am suggesting there are about 3 oz a plant in the room, and I added a few more because I tend to be conservative. Back on Tuesday at 7 weeks done in flowering.

SSHZ 78!!!!!!!!!!!!
MandoVol 90
BioMaster 93
Odiesel 96
Dr. Green55 97
Cracken 98
Tomatoes 99
AAyerRon 100
TheShortAnswer 101
Bellumroman 103
MadMax 104
Mahavishnu 105
BurnYzbudZz 107
Aqua Man 108
Badbud 111
Norcalchris 117
Milson 119
Floodwater 120

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I've calmed down, just taking a break from it all for a few days. But i wanted to change my contest number to 78........ you have til midnight if you want to follow my lead. I strongly am suggesting there are about 3 oz a plant in the room, and I added a few more because I tend to be conservative. Back on Tuesday at 7 weeks done in flowering.

SSHZ 78!!!!!!!!!!!!
MandoVol 90
BioMaster 93
Odiesel 96
Dr. Green55 97
Cracken 98
Tomatoes 99
AAyerRon 100
TheShortAnswer 101
Bellumroman 103
MadMax 104
Mahavishnu 105
BurnYzbudZz 107
Aqua Man 108
Badbud 111
Norcalchris 117
Milson 119
Floodwater 120
I’ll bump my down 10 to 97.

sshz

sshz

Contest revisions are now closed.........

SSHZ 78
Dr.Green55 82
MandoVol 90
BioMaster 93
Odiesel 96
BurnYzbudZz 97
Cracken 98
Tomatoes 99
AAyerRon 100
TheShortAnswer 101
Bellumroman 103
MadMax 104
Mahavishnu 105
Aqua Man 108
Badbud 111
Norcalchris 117
Milson 119
Floodwater 120

sshz

sshz

A bit bulkier today.........

IMG 0310

Cracken

Cracken

Sshz, i am not sure what happened for you to drop your guess so low. I have been extra busy with work and have not caught up with my reading. I kind of giggled when i seen such a low number since you laughed at me when i posted a guess way back on post #306. Bust as i said later that was just a low ball to perk you up since you seemed really put off by the slow veg. I am interested to follow the rest of the grow especially the controversial light time change. Proof is in the pudding so lets all wait and see the results. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom