Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
So lowering the led by a foot doubles your lux........ what else should I know?
The point is that if you double the distance from the canopy from 1-2 feet for the same lux level at the canopy (so moving the light while turning up the intensity with a dimmer), you will get almost double the intensity at 1 ft below the canopy even though the level at the canopy is the same. In general, the extra distance from the canopy being a smaller and smaller portion of the total distance from the light for the spot below the canopy you care about, the better you're going to be there.

This is an argument in favor of keeping the lights at full blast and raising them up as high and only using the dimmer if they are too intense at max height (it will not be in your case) rather than keeping them low and using a dimmer IF you are trying to prioritize penetration below the canopy over power savings, the hassle of raising the lights, etc.

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

Left side, back left corner is the Turkish Cookies by Dr. GreenThumb I haven't mentioned much.....it's the largest cola in the room since it wasn't topped or defoliated. I have the feeling that's what you are talking about.

I can't help thinking about the first time I grew these, and took them down at 8 weeks........LOL So not done! 2 extra weeks are going to work wonders in the quality of the high. I've found I can gain about 15% more weight by just letting them go longer than recommended. With indica's, there's such a wide window at harvest anyway because I want the high to be heavy and narcotic- which only comes with more amber or darker trichomes.

I am resisting even looking at trichomes right now, I don't want it to influence any decision making........ but when I hit 9 weeks in flowering (9 days away)- I promise I'll give a full report and break out the magnifier.

Also, last time I grew these I labeled it Zombie Virus for my friends, this time it's called Zombie Kush. Next time, if there is one, it will be Sweet Zombie. LOL Don't ask me why, but I do have my reasons.

sshz

sshz

How many of you know what RSO is (Rick Simpson Oil)????? Or have heard of him? Either way, for years he has produced a strong pot oil that has helped countless people with health difficulties. Some claim it's a cure for cancer, others say it works wonders for pain and so on and so on. Most just agree it's a miracle medicine.

What most of you don't know is Rick had a severe stroke in 2018 requiring a lot of care and he incurred a high level of medical bills. A GOFUNDME page has been started for him, it was forwarded to me with a request to post it in all my threads. I'm happy to do it and the link is below.

Give if you can, even a few dollars helps. If not, at least say a prayer or two for the guy. I'm a big believer in Karma- what goes a round, comes around. Enough said.

Last edited:
Dopey28

Dopey28

How many of you know what RSO is (Rick Simpson Oil)????? Or have heard of him? Either way, for years he has produced a strong pot oil that has helped countless people with health difficulties. Some claim it's a cure for cancer, others say it works wonders for pain and so on and so on. Most just agree it's a miracle medicine.

What most of you don't know is Rick had a severe stroke in 2018 requiring a lot of care and he incurred a high level of medical bills. A GOFUNDME page has been started for him, it was forwarded to me with a request to post it in all my threads. I'm happy to do it and the link is below.

Give if you can, even a few dollars helps. If not, at least say a prayer or two for the guy. I'm a big believer in Karma- what goes a round, comes around. Enough said.

Also I believe he’s a Canadian and an engineer. My old man ruptured discs in his back when I was young. Required a few surgeries the last one involved sucking the stuff out of the ruptured disc.

Fast forward 30 years and now he has serious compression and the site and the two vertebrate are basically rubbing on one another. Fusion is not an option because of the past surgeries.

So he was on a lot of heavy opiates to get thru the day to day. I convinced him to try RSO and it has helped improve his quality of life, his ability to sleep and greatly reduced the amount of opiates he needs. In fact that’s the reason I’m here and have started growing again after like 16 years. so I can get him a better more reliable source.

sorry for the over share.
but thanks for posting this I didn’t know and will gladly donate!

sshz

sshz

I've read probably 50 similar stories over the years......... mostly good but not all of them. I've been told you need to slowly increase the RSO dose over time to be effective, and some just can't handle it- they become zombies. But for every poor comment I read, there's a 100 good ones. I'm glad your dad found some relief!

sshz

sshz

Well, 8 weeks thru flowering today......... it's been an interesting grow. Some disappointements, but still some interest brewing. Todays plan is to defoliate a load of larger leaves, to allow some deeper penetration to the lower stuff. Pic's up today will show show the room after I defoliated. The plan still is to go 9.5-10 weeks, depending on how things look moving forward. There's probably a week difference between the earliest and latest pheno's and there's no plans to do a partial cut and wait for later things to finish. So as soon as I see amber in all the plants, I'm chopping. But not later than 2 weeks from today, it's time to move on to Bebop.

I want to mention the smell........ it reminds me Sweet Seeds "Green Poison". Pungent with a wonderful sweetness, a 9 out of 10 on the smell scale. If I remember correctly, it comes thru nicely in the smoke. I've waited 3 years to try this one again and in a couple of weeks, I can cross it off my bucket list.

Yield.......they've probably gotten a bit bigger (thicker) than I expected. Some of the plants pitils have pretty much dried up and buds are swelling and hardening- another 7-10 days won't hurt them. I like to think there is about a 2 weeks window for peak ripeness, anytime chopped in there and you'll be happy. So no more than 14 days from today, and hopefully less. My final contest guess was 78 oz out of the room...... I still think that's close but maybe a notch more. I was way off last time, maybe I've misjudged again.

I think this thread has hit 25K views...... we're catching up to the Orange Gasm thread which now has 33K. While I don't post over there anymore, it continues to get views, actually quite a few. I enjoy sharing my grows, and thank everyone for tagging along and contributing.

sshz

sshz

Live long and prosper my babies!

IMG 1294

sshz

sshz

Yup, the big leaf defoliation really lets the buds shine thru....... not particularly large cola's, but let's hope having loads of branches makes up for some of the difference.

You'll find the Holy Grail Kush will get tall and top heavy if you let it. Pinch them once or more and they'll be much more manageable. I've said it before- if they didn't stink so damn bad, it would be my "house" strain on a continual basis, getting high marks in every category.

I took a gummie late last night and I'm still feeling the effects of it so I'm about to take a hot shower to clear my head but my oldest daughter comes homes tomorrow (she's the gummy girl) and I'm sure she'll be asking for more. I saved about 1 1/2 oz of the Orange Gasm, the last of it, for one more 1/2 batch of gummies to get me thru til the Zombie is dried enough to use. But as of now, I still have about 20 of different sizes in the fridge.

sshz

sshz

I keep getting requests for the updated gummie recipe, here's the entire process for the last time.

12 oz unrefined coconut oil
2-3 oz of cleaned and crumbled (no stems or seeds) pot, decarbed (dried) in 170 degree oven for 20 minutes or so
1 large box jello, your choice of flavor (not sugar free)
1/2 cup water
2 oz gelatin (4 packets)
sunflower lecithin (1/8-1/4 teaspoon granules or oil from 3 capsules)
silicone candy molds

Double boil the coconut oil and pot for at least 3 hours. Make sure the oil covers the pot. I prefer to use a mix of strains to balance out the high, but it's not necessary. Indica's will lead to a heavy body buzz and sleep, sativa's will lead to a head buzz for an hour or two, then hit the body. Stir often. The resin will melt from the bud and be absorbed by the oil. The oil will turn green. Strain well when done, squeeze out every drop of oil from the mix. Part 1 is over, easy peasy.

Part 2- Mix 1/3 cup of the infused coconut oil, the box of jello, 1/2 cup of water and the the lecithin in a pot and boil for about 3+ minutes. Then you need to add the gelatin powder but I like to mix a little bit of hot water to it first to make sure it's disolved well. Then add to the boiling jello. Keep stiring throughout the entire process. About 5 minutes is good, don't over boil it, I turn mine down slightly to a low rolling boil.

The key to the whole recipe is cooking the entire mix to a certain point, not under or over cooking. The jello coloring tends to darken and turns a bit more thickened and syrupy. If you over cook it, the gummies will be more like hard candy (not good). If you under cook it, it will end up more like jello and less like gummies. Trial and error but after 2-3 attempts, you become an expert, I promise.

When you think it's done, pour into the molds. Let them sit 10-15 minutes, then place in fridge. They'll turn rubbery, like gummies and stay like that forever if kept in the fridge. Remove from molds, put on a container and enjoy.

What makes this recipe a bit differently is these gummies will hold up well in your pocket for hours and not melt. The balance of the oil can be kept in the fridge for your next batch, or put a teaspoon of hardened oil in a cup of tea, or whatever you come up with- there are countless options to injest it.

Lastly, obviously, the more pot you use, the stronger these will end up. Also, the stronger the pot, the stronger the gummie. I always add a warning, these can be very potent. I've had people freak out, pass out, and everything in between. It's a much stronger buzz than smoking......so go slow initially til you become more experienced. Start with a smaller dose, you can always take more. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour for full effects to hit. If you get too buzzed, eat some pretzels or something like that- it tends to calm things down. Expect the buzz to last at least 6 hours, sometimes 8-10. For a stronger buzz, eat one on an empty stomach. For a milder run, have a meal first.

_mahavishnu

_mahavishnu

No questions abt the gummies, I’ve still got a few leftover from my first batch using your recipe. Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge and experience so freely! I did learn the importance of refined coconut oil, because my gummies are now raspberry-coconut flavored. It’s not the best ever lol. Yours on the other hand sshz were absolutely delicious! Had kind of a citrus tang to them and barely any weed flavor.

In a cup of coffee is my favorite way to ingest plain infused oil, but the possibilities really are endless. My roommates sprinkled some frozen oil chips on their cinnamon buns the other night. Once years ago an ex and I had oil but nothing reasonable to put it on to eat it. We ended up just dipping a banana in it (🤢) but it sure doesn’t matter what you use.

bellumromanum

bellumromanum

You'll find the Holy Grail Kush will get tall and top heavy if you let it. Pinch them once or more and they'll be much more manageable. I've said it before- if they didn't stink so damn bad, it would be my "house" strain on a continual basis, getting high marks in every category.

When you say pinch you're talking about crushing the stalk a bit so it has to slow down growing tall to repair and makes a little knot looking thing? Or do you mean top them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom