Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
amekins

amekins

I knew I was going to open a can of worms, since my drying process is much different than what you normally read about. This was developed because normally in the summer, with the A/C on, I would get some mold in the largest of cola’s. So I’d let them get to a certain point and then Tupperware them. I burp them often, many times a day and also turn them upside down on their lids to let the bottoms and sides be exposed for further drying. This could go on for 4-5 up to 10 or more days. The larger the cola’s, the longer it goes. The Sweet Zombies buds are not large comparatively and are not particularly dense so they are drying quite quickly. It’s taken me years of trial and error to learn the ins and outs of the method, but I think all of you would be pleasantly surprised. Come by the house, smoke and bud and then tell me if you can notice any difference what’s so ever, ok?
This makes me feel a lot better about my process. It’s what I can manage with what I have.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I knew I was going to open a can of worms, since my drying process is much different than what you normally read about. This was developed because normally in the summer, with the A/C on, I would get some mold in the largest of cola’s. So I’d let them get to a certain point and then Tupperware them. I burp them often, many times a day and also turn them upside down on their lids to let the bottoms and sides be exposed for further drying. This could go on for 4-5 up to 10 or more days. The larger the cola’s, the longer it goes. The Sweet Zombies buds are not large comparatively and are not particularly dense so they are drying quite quickly. It’s taken me years of trial and error to learn the ins and outs of the method, but I think all of you would be pleasantly surprised. Come by the house, smoke and bud and then tell me if you can notice any difference what’s so ever, ok?
I see no can nor worms. People often say and often here on this forum " hang to dry for 12 to 14 days. The longer the better "

A long dry time here with humidity here often around 25 % is 6 days. Thats adding humidity and checking moisture regularly as I'd rather start the burping process early at even 75% than miss what I think is the cure zone at 62.

I haven't had but a dozen grows under my belt but learn as i go. But if i went 14 days here i would be way too dry.

Starting too early is far better than missing it.

sshz

sshz

Tupperware's reversed to let the sides and bottoms dry a bit...........

IMG 1305

Anthem

Anthem

Actually the way Sshz is curing makes a lot of sense to me. He is basically pulling a lot of moisture out of the buds early on and than slowing down the cure in the tupperware. I do a similar style of curing. I feel that pulling the bulk of the water out of the buds early has benefits. the top one being mold has less of a chance to set into the buds. By pulling the bulk of the moisture out early the mold has less of a chance of setting in. Once the humidity gets above about 55 percent anything can happen. Add in the time of the year in Cali it further complicates the process.

Madmax

Madmax

Everyones got there own special ways to deal with the enviroment they live in..controlled or uncontrolled.mine is the latter being an out door grower and use nothing to help dry.when season finishes its in autumn with cool weather and takes up to 14 days with the hang.then gets cut up then into a draw for a couple then finish the dry putting it in a tupperware on window sill till it warms that pulls all the moisture out of the big bud and distrubutes it to the smaller ones that were a little drier making it all even.its only like 10 mins .have a feel and if shes good straight into a bag... sold. 😃.oh i should of said tried controlled first time this year in veg room 19-21 deg 60% humidity.dried it in 7 -9 days...was pretty stoked how that went..

Last edited:
sshz

sshz

I asked but haven't gotten an answer yet........... I'll let you know.

Click on the pic and use the magnifier towards the lower 1/2 of the bud!!!!!

IMG 1309

sshz

sshz

I posted tonight in the Bebop thread that I was going to raise the LED's to 4 feet in veg, instead of where I've been at (3 feet).......... I'm thinking what that will mean, i.e. a taller plant with more of a center stem and cola. Is that really what I want at this point? It will probably change the canopy layout too, maybe not for the best. Everything is running at a high level, why play with it?

I'm revising my final weight down at bit tonight, maybe 95-100 oz.- just a feeling I'm getting.

By not lollipopping this crop, it made watering a bitch the last month or so........all sativa's and hybrids will get a thorough lollipopping moving forward to make late watering easier.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Interesting recommendations from another source............. just thought I'd post it for discussion purposes. I'm not recommending following but he didn't miss the mark by much I'm guessing.

View attachment 1077615
I'm gonna guess by those number he is feeding a pretty high ppm compared to what we normally see. IMO the co2 is to high, its not going to hurt anything but just a bit wasteful unless he is killing them with light. I like to think it hit mine pretty hard with light and haven't really found a benefit over 1200ppm... at least not a significant one. But over 1200ppm the co2 starts to get used up significantly faster.

If he ran slightly lower humidity he would prob get away with a bit less nutes. He probably saves a good amount on dehumidifier and ac running this way. So the extra nutes prob worth it to them.

sshz

sshz

He hasn't responded to my weight question so I'm assuming he's not hitting 2.3 GPW or close to that.......... if he does, I'll post it.

I saw some other possible issues like 60 degree temps in the end could promote mold and 45% humidity is high- the lower the better the end of flowering for better resin production.

I think I've also proved co2 supplementation is not necessary to yield high numbers. This is not to say it wouldn't improve weight or let you run the room hotter- just that it's not absolutely necessary.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

He hasn't responded to my weight question so I'm assuming he's not hitting 2.3 GPW or close to that.......... if he does, I'll post it.

I saw some other possible issues like 60 degree temps in the end could promote mold and 45% humidity is high- the lower the better the end of flowering for better resin production.

I think I've also proved co2 supplementation is not necessary to yield high numbers. This is not to say it wouldn't improve weight or let you run the room hotter- just that it's not absolutely necessary.
Yeah definitely not a must... im kinda surprised at the humidity. IME with co2 I need to be on the drier side of VPD to help account for the lower transpiration rates from the increased co2. I think almost everyone finds you have to run hotter and drier to really make it pop. Its not really just beneficial but I find kinda necessary or I get issues with uptake

sshz

sshz

All the containers on the floor are holding 78.8 oz which doesn't include stuff still hanging. With further evaporation, my guess right now is maybe 103-108 oz in the end I think. Saturday's the day.

Contest members- guess the number exactly and I'll throw in a 2-3 gram ball of Sweet Zombie scissor hash. U.S. people only, of course.

Remember, if there is a tie, the number below the actual number is the winner. So if the number ends up at 106, and there are guesses of 105 and 107- the 105 wins. I discussed this early in the thread, I just don't want anyone upset if this happens.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
All the containers on the floor are holding 78.8 oz which doesn't include stuff still hanging. With further evaporation, my guess right now is maybe 103-108 oz in the end I think. Saturday's the day.

Contest members- guess the number exactly and I'll throw in a 2-3 gram ball of Sweet Zombie scissor hash. U.S. people only, of course.

Remember, if there is a tie, the number below the actual number is the winner. So if the number ends up at 106, and there are guesses of 105 and 107- the 105 wins. I discussed this early in the thread, I just don't want anyone upset if this happens.
I’ll put my exact number at 111. Looking deadly sshz. Great job again.

sshz

sshz

I'd say the high number of branches did very well in making up for the smaller cola size......... really no large cola's anywhere and they aren't particularly dense, shear volume was enough. As I've said, get to 100 and I'm a happy guy. One of my people has gone from normally 1 large to 2 with the Gasm to 3 with the Zombie and I'd love to keep her happy.

I just put the Gavita Master Controller and 2 Adapters with a module on Ebay.......... if they sell easily, so be it. If not, I'll hook them up for Sshz and giggles.

sshz

sshz

This thread is starting to get closer in views to the Orange Gasm thread. The Gasm has 35k+ views, this one has 33k+ views and catching up quickly. We’ll probably squeak by in the next week or two, after the finals number are announced on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom