Expert Seeds "Sweet Zombie" under 2 Gavita Pro 1700e LED's..............

• Thread starter sshz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

I'd say the high number of branches did very well in making up for the smaller cola size......... really no large cola's anywhere and they aren't particularly dense, shear volume was enough. As I've said, get to 100 and I'm a happy guy. One of my people has gone from normally 1 large to 2 with the Gasm to 3 with the Zombie and I'd love to keep her happy.

I just put the Gavita Master Controller and 2 Adapters with a module on Ebay.......... if they sell easily, so be it. If not, I'll hook them up for Sshz and giggles.
well damn..if you still happen to have them in 3 months i'll prob take the adapters off your hands. how come you're not using them?

sshz

sshz

The easiest way to check is to go to grow diaries main page and look for the thread......... it says it there, you don’t need to get into the thread to see how many views.

I’m not sure the master controller will add much to the grow....... I can see some possibilities in the dimmer and maybe the heat sensors but nothing I can’t get around. I may keep or may not, it’s a low priority now. If I had 30 led’s, damn right I’d be using it. But 2 led’s In the same room right next to each other- very little value except for the “playfulness” of having it around. It just won’t impact my numbers until the end.

And no reason to sell the adapters without the master controller. You need both to have it work unless you already own the controller, which I’m sure you do.

sshz

sshz

Without giving too much away or getting excited, everything is in containers except the one sickly plant, that is still wet and drying. The number I'm about to release is not a FINAL number, as the tupperware containers continues to be burped and/or left opened throughout the day and night. I fully expect to continue to lose weight thru the offical weigh-in on Saturday. So as of today, I am at 2946 grams, which is 105.2 oz not including the sick hanging plant which is probably close to another 3 oz.- so figure 108.2 oz as of now. Bottom line, the final number will be over 100 oz, just where has yet to be decided. Good news all around.

IMG 1316

sshz

sshz

It’s pretty easy now to see who are the potential winners..........

SSHZ 78
Dr.Green55 82
MandoVol 90
BioMaster 93
Odiesel 96
BurnYzbudZz 97
Cracken 98
Tomatoes 99
AAyerRon 100
TheShortAnswer 101
Bellumroman 103
MadMax 104
Mahavishnu 105
Aqua Man 108
Badbud 111
Norcalchris 117
Milson 119
Floodwater 120

If TheShortAnswer wins again, he’ll be disqualified from all future contests. Lol. And this is also a good lesson for all of you- I have no feel for yield under these LED’s, so don’t ever listen to me - I was only 1 1/2 lbs. off with my guess.

sshz

sshz

Thinking about it all, a full and even canopy is obvious the best indicator of high yield- and just let the lights do their thing. I would have bet large money that this crop was going to fall far short of the Gasm’s yield as the cola’s weren’t particularly large. As I’ve said, the shear number of branches more than made up for the reduced size.

The room is now cleaned, sprayed, and wiped down with a new tarp laid down. Tomorrow I’ll work to clean the pots, the reservoir, the humidifier and Calibrate the ph/ppm meter. Then on Wed or Thurs I’ll mix up the dirt and start the seeds and I’ll be on my way with the Bebop.

sshz

sshz

I'm thinking it's between 99 and 106......... much of it is dry enough to package, probably the other 1/3-1/2 needs a few more days. Everything is closed up now, I'll reopen everything tomorrow morning. I also have some small stuff, too small to hang, probably a 1/2 oz which will be added in.

I may work on and post the final strain review before the w/e to get it out of the way. I've smoked enough of it and feel I have a good handle on what to say. It won't include the final yield of course, that will come Saturday.

sshz

sshz

My Sweet Zombie review called:

"Where's the Fucking Zombie?"

Up front, no final yield numbers will be posted until Saturday.

I'll start it this way- it's a perfect strain for beginners to grow- easy to grow, smells strong, stays shorter, cheap cost of seeds, heavy yielder, a decent smoke with more of hybrid buzz with a surprising amount of "headiness" early on while smoking for a 95% indica.

It's easy to see why it's Expert Seeds best selling strain. But I wish it was just a bit stronger. and I expect a heavier indica buzz when I grow a 95% indica. It does come on after an hour or two, and everytime I've smoked it, I've ended up taking a nap. EVERYTIME! But I'm an old guy and not smoking nearly as much as I used to. I've become the lightest of lightweights.

When grown in 2017, I chopped at 8 weeks (too early), it was wayyyyyy too leafy (I should have defoliated), and there was 3 trash bags of under-done larf (I should have lollipopped). This time I went 10 weeks (still needed another week for more amber resin), I defoliated in week 3 of flowering (it delayed the onset of heavy flowering) and again, I did not lollipop, but with these LED's- it didn't hurt a thing.

It really stinks while growing. My wife felt it was easily one of the smelliest strains (top 3) I've ever done. It carry's a "sweetness" thru much of flowering, the last couple of weeks it gets a bit more spicey and danky. I like that the smell carry's over to the taste- I think that's what I like most about it- YUMMY!

I have to give another shoutout for the Gavita LED's.......... I love them. The first grow I went back and forth, I missed the HPS's. Those days are long over. There may be better LED's out there now (2 years after the 1700e release), but I'd buy them again in a heartbeat. They paid for themselves many times after their first grow, now it's all gravy. With HPS's, I averaged 65 oz give or take depending on the strain, now I'm at over 100 oz average my 1st two grows.

There is a window of about 2-2 1/2 weeks in the different Sweet Zobie pheno's. I didn't see much difference in appearance, but some plants were nicely done at aound 8.5 weeks, other pheno's probably needed 11 weeks or slightly more. I'd say 10 weeks is a good average........

I'll probably get around to adding more to this review, but either way, final contest results will be announced Saturday..............

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

I still think your spoton sshz when you said how the strains change when they grow out the seeds.i have 2 phenos atm ones a real short ass the other completely different.bigger internodal spacing .huuge mofo leaves and had to b topped with only 5 nodes 10 branches but still short the other bout 18 branches not topped but first bottom 4 branches no good..day 14 in flower and no buds yet.i got to hand it to you on how you defoliate i certainly see why.leds make em more compact compared to the hps ..cant wait to get my led lights.

sshz

sshz

Who the hell is Amy??? Prizes include Inkbird temperature and humidity controller, a pack of Iris Seeds Bebop, a pack of Dr. Greenthumbs’s Turkish cookies, a chunk of hash if you nail the number....... and one more thing but it escapes me right now, I’ll have to check back in the thread.

Madmax

Madmax

Who the hell is Amy??? Prizes include Inkbird temperature and humidity controller, a pack of Iris Seeds Bebop, a pack of Dr. Greenthumbs’s Turkish cookies, a chunk of hash if you nail the number....... and one more thing but it escapes me right now, I’ll have to check back in the thread.
Amy is the woman who will come along and like my comment 😎.shes in the us of a somewhere ..lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom