exterior A/C for grow tent? Any suggestions ? co2 suggestions?

• Thread starter ALIV
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ALIV

ALIV

Hello, currently working on setting up a 4x8 tent with two spydr 2i 47"led lights. Was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for an AC that I could place out side of the tent and vent cold air in. Also, I have always used a co2 generator w. propane tank. Looking for a less spacious alternative, possibly a co2 canister or co2 bags? Any input would be appreciated !

Wash your hands!!
thank you , Al

Blastsb

Blastsb

Although they use considerable electricity, portable ACs will work from the out side. Measure the surface area of the ACs output vent then get a adapter for whatever size ducting you use (i.e. 6x12" to 6" duct adapter). Next measure the rear bottom vent /s in your tent, buy similar adapters (if there's 2 rear vents get a Y connector also. Plug into a digital temp controller($20), set your desired temp and boom. As for Co2 if your not willing to use the tank (you can have it outside and run Co2 line into the tent) I would suggest the exhale co2 bags, get 2 standard or 1 XL (2 XL if your running a non sealed system. Have fun, good luck!

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
I tried several different co2 applications before getting a tank and a regulator... none of the bags or home-made co2 concoctions got me anywhere near desirable levels. I caved and went for a 15lb co2 tank and regulator with bubble gauge. Just need to run it for a few min a day to get decent levels.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Unless you have a completely sealed room using CO2 is going to be extremely wasteful with almost no gains. With a tent your best of to control everything in the room the tent is in. Controlling parameters in a tent is just not feasible if you have adequate air exchange.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Unless you have a completely sealed room using CO2 is going to be extremely wasteful with almost no gains. With a tent your best of to control everything in the room the tent is in. Controlling parameters in a tent is just not feasible if you have adequate air exchange.
I guess I should add that I do have to monitor the room the two tents are in, as long as I dont have too much fresh air coming into the room my tents are in, I can stay above 1000 ppm and average 1200

Anthem

Anthem

Your best bet would be to frame in a hole in one of the walls of the room and install a window unit with some sort of a catch basin for the condensation coming out of the window unit. A portable AC inside of the room is not a great idea as Aqua Man stated because the CO2 is going to just escape. Portable A/C require a duct to go outside the cooled area for hot air to exit the room. So the CO2 would constantly need to be replaced and a 20# bottle would get used up in short order. If you have just one 4 x 8 tent and 2 syders a 10,000 BTU window unit would do the job. Try to oversize the unit so you do not over work it. A 12,000 would last longer but the 10,000 will get the job done.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Your best bet would be to frame in a hole in one of the walls of the room and install a window unit with some sort of a catch basin for the condensation coming out of the window unit. A portable AC inside of the room is not a great idea as Aqua Man stated because the CO2 is going to just escape. Portable A/C require a duct to go outside the cooled area for hot air to exit the room. So the CO2 would constantly need to be replaced and a 20# bottle would get used up in short order. If you have just one 4 x 8 tent and 2 syders a 10,000 BTU window unit would do the job. Try to oversize the unit so you do not over work it. A 12,000 would last longer but the 10,000 will get the job done.
AC like this? I think your bang on. I use a catch basin for the condensate on the other side. Window AC only circulates the air in the room. Now a duel hose portable AC also only circulates the air in the room and bring in air from the intake hose over the hot sides then dispels the hit air back out. But window AC is more efficient so a better option. Single hose portable AC are not suitable for sealed rooms.

IMG 20190613 105305
N

Newber

905a916c22ad5d404b7af525061e55b0
N

Newber

AC like this? I think your bang on. I use a catch basin for the condensate on the other side. Window AC only circulates the air in the room. Now a duel hose portable AC also only circulates the air in the room and bring in air from the intake hose over the hot sides then dispels the hit air back out. But window AC is more efficient so a better option. Single hose portable AC are not suitable for sealed rooms.
looks like you got it all figured out over there šŸ˜Ž

Anthem

Anthem

That is exactly what I meant. Hard to beat a window unit for overall cost and efficiency.

Latest posts

Top Bottom