Extracting broken glass on glass downstem

• Thread starter tobh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Sooo... this sucks. In the process of trying to remove the down stem, which is stuck pretty damn hard in the receiver, I broke the lip on the down stem. I'd been meaning to replace the down stem with something more effective (like a shower head) and now it's not a matter of meaning but needing.

Any input on how to get this bad boy out in tact so I can take it to the head shop?

Extracting broken glass on glass downstem

Extracting broken glass on glass downstem 2

tobh

tobh

Supporter
The sage continues... broke the last chunk off, thinking it might be time to figure out how to carefully break the rest of the down stem, then clean the bong spotless for a field trip to the head shop.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Ha, got it. Gonna keep this open to show off the new warez when I get back from the head shop 😎

tobh

tobh

Supporter
New 3.5" 14mm six slot diffused down stem, and an ash catcher to boot. Think this is a good upgrade for sure. At least the slots in this diffused down stem are all the way through. The OEM piece's slots weren't all the way through.

PXL 20210217 223329658

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Nice rig .
Thanks. The ol lady is in love with it already. I don't smoke much, and honestly haven't touched that bong in probably a year. Stuff is too damn potent for me anymore, need to find some dad weed genetics lol

I ended up using a wooden dowel and carefully wobbling it around on the inside of the down stem. That was able to get it unstuck, then I took the bong to the head shop and set it up with the new down stem and ash catcher.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If it ever gets stuck again try a whack with a wooden spoon
I tried a ton of things man.. Hot water, alcohol soak, oil, tapping it with the rubber handle of a pair of pliers, grabbing it with a pair of pliers wrapped in a shirt.. hell I even tried to pull it out with a metal coat hanger.

Learned the lesson, though. If it happens again I know exactly what I'm going for from the start.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Put it in the freezer for an hr then take it out and quickly heat the outer glass will a lighter or butane torch... only quickly you wanna keep the glass inside cold and heat the outer.

Grasping at straws here.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Thanks. The ol lady is in love with it already. I don't smoke much, and honestly haven't touched that bong in probably a year. Stuff is too damn potent for me anymore, need to find some dad weed genetics lol

I ended up using a wooden dowel and carefully wobbling it around on the inside of the down stem. That was able to get it unstuck, then I took the bong to the head shop and set it up with the new down stem and ash catcher.
Haha dad weed I think I need to do that to C I dabbed myself stupid it's just to strong ... Od ... Hope all is well brother .

Top Bottom