Extreme Grow Room Makeover- 8430w Of Scrog

• Thread starter Chowfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Hey y’all,

I’ve been lurking for a few months now, decided it was finally time to make a journal to document this next round and to hopefully get some pointers from some of the OG’s on here(I’ve learned so much in such a short amount of time, this forum is the shit)!

For this next round I’ll be running some very special genetics that were gifted to me from a good friend of mine.

Papaya Cake- papaya x wedding cake
Bop Gun- papaya x dosidos
Strawberry Guava- papaya x strawberry banana
Tropic Truffle- tropicana cookies x mint chocolate chip

All of which were created by Oni Seed Co(my first time running Oni’s gear but everything I’ve encountered so far has been some of the nicest herb I’ve ever seen). Needless to say, I’m very excited

I have three rooms to work with, all of which will be redone as soon as my current round is done(day 28/60-70, didn’t want to start a journal on those since they’re halfway through flower lol).

My main room is roughly 18 x 13’(I’ve been working for almost 24 hours straight so I don’t feel like getting up and measuring), 8’ ceilings with a 10” exhaust and 6” intake. It has a window that I built a box for so the intake comes in from there. The exhaust goes into the window box in room B. I was rushed to throw it up so I could flower out this round so the walls need to be taken down and redone, everything needs to be insulated, painted, caulked. All that good stuff. I honestly can not wait because how it currently is kills my OCD on a daily basis.

My second room is a perfect 10x10x8’ but it has a little 4x3’ space coming off of one of the corners. Window box for exhaust/intake.

The last room is just a little 5x8x8’ area that I walled off and plan to use for mother’s and clones. Right now that is where I have the yung’ns. Under a 600w HPS(haven’t had a chance to grab a MH yet but plan to). Stays between 78-82 in there without exhaust but I have a couple of maxfans(8” and 6”) laying around that I plan on hooking up.

Still trying to decide how I’m goibf to utilize the two larger rooms. I just transplanted the Oni’s into 1gal smart pots a few days ago. I’m going to keep them in the small room until they’re ready to go into their 3’s(~2 weeks), then I plan on moving them into room B.

I have a growbeast that a friend gave me, brand new with bulbs and a phantom ballast(my friends are pretty dope ). For those that don’t know, the grow beast houses a 1000w DE bulb(powered by the phantom) nestled between two 315 CMH’s(ballast built into reflector). I’ve read that this bad boy will effectively cover a 4x8’ footprint, so I’m planning on using that for half of the room. Going to be using the 315’s to start and as they grow bigger, work in the DE starting at 600w.

The friend that gifted me the clones also gifted me a brand new never opened 1000w phantom package. I’m going to use that and one of my 1000w setups I’m currently using(hortilux gold ballast, subsystem reflector, ushio bulb) for the other half of the room. 8” exhaust, 6” intake for this room.

Alright I just realized how much I just typed, the ice cream cake(gelato x wedding cake) gets the best of me every time lol. I’m going to go take some pictures and report back. Hopefully someone reads all that and if ya do, I’m open to suggestions so please feel free to speak your mind!

✌✌

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

2C7AE652 536D 48C0 A40C 334E6369FF72
0918FBAE 1801 47B5 9648 D119C011E224
8FDB8C47 7B97 49D2 A79A D7DD1220F1BF
19E5774D 7C72 41F5 A49E 8573E143DDC0
5A7D9937 75BF 4BE2 A6AD FE36DCDAE048
BC9A54A0 0C5B 43D1 8203 D5E37C768D37
D6ADFCE9 53A7 45FC 8567 2DC87C3C7CDB

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

2C77BC5C 6521 4106 8D21 CEB050ADDBFA

One of the Bop Guns

81F19133 7289 401C 9EC0 EC32D4630B8F

Strawberry Guava.

31063E26 F7C3 4465 9CBB 8C13D1AF4A9A

Papaya cake :D

3F4FDDD1 2989 4429 85B3 E68E1E9B93C0
A young Tropic Truffle in her natural habitat.

I can’t wait for these ladies to adjust to their new shoes and start flourishing. I raised the light after taking these. Some of the other one’s leaves were tacoing and I noticed so chlorsis on a few. Looks like I’m installing that exhaust fan tonight

They’re in botanicare coco, nothing added. Watered em in with pure blend pro grow and bloom(soil formula), vitamino, hydroguard, calmag plus, silica blast, fulvex, and pure blend tea @ 330ppm, 5.8 pH, and 67 degrees(f). It’s been 5 days so going to hit some of em with their first feedings :D

9FEFC32B AD27 406D B281 207EF2E98902
D34825D3 F586 4548 B942 C0C0E96CE2B6
Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Still gettin the hang of this. Don’t know how to delete the last two pics lol those were accidents. I’ll get it down soon don’t worry

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

OCD is the best bro. I'm the same way and once I start something it's hard to stop. I have a completely sealed room , insulates, caulked and almost the same exact dimensions as yours. Those strains you mentioned sound delicious and frosty btw, I can't wait to see this diary in full effect!. And yeah you habe some bad ass friends bro . Good stuff I'll be watching ! 10 yr dirt grower now entering the hydro scene .

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

OCD is the best bro. I'm the same way and once I start something it's hard to stop. I have a completely sealed room , insulates, caulked and almost the same exact dimensions as yours. Those strains you mentioned sound delicious and frosty btw, I can't wait to see this diary in full effect!. And yeah you habe some bad ass friends bro . Good stuff I'll be watching ! 10 yr dirt grower now entering the hydro scene .

It’s definitely nice once you’re finished but man, I catch myself spending way too much time on the most insignificant things. Very seldom do I complete my daily checklist and it’s always because I wasted a bunch of time trying to make something perfect

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Healthy, hairy she should get dense and frosty at the end . First time running those genes ? Do you pheno hunt and keep those phenos as mothers ?

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Some shots of veg from the current round. Didn’t take many pics of these. I got them in early October and a few days later went on a 20 day “vacation” () so I had a friend take care of them while I was gone and he did what he could. I didn’t have a room setup for them so just stuck em under a t5 after I transplanted them into 1gals from solo cups. They looked so bad I almost scraped em. Sure glad I didn’t though . So two months later was finally able to flip them. One month to go till the finish line! First grow in 3 years, good to be back at it :)

F17F6651 B71D 43E5 9791 19D40648EE58
D1523711 5D60 4BC1 AFA8 DACFD332ADFE
6834C578 BDCF 44C9 8210 965FC88C4D9C
DB8C077C D5C9 43D1 A5D0 1CA8C99E4F6E

8EAD41B0 C02E 4F50 B32B 64827928C79E
Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Healthy, hairy she should get dense and frosty at the end . First time running those genes ? Do you pheno hunt and keep those phenos as mothers ?
Thank you!! It is my first time running all of these. This is actually my first run in 3 years and first run at this spot. I do not pheno hunt, I leave that to my friends with much larger spaces lol. I only keep mothers of my favorites , I like to keep my count low. I’m not keeping any of these that I’m flowering now. I can always get them again from that friend. Stardawg, pura vida, and Clementine. The stardawg is super dense and bushy. Topped it once and it just exploded laterally. Not really a fan of how bushy it is. Had to defoliate them a shit ton. Same with the Clementine except the Clementine isn’t as short and the bud structure is terrible. Makes great hash though. The pura vida is the only one that I have no complaints about. Absolute monsters, nice piney smell to em. Will probably end up running it again in the future. I’ve hit 30% with pura vida with BHO. Great hash strain

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

07DB26C4 BCBC 426E 94AD 842EE2B3E35E

The strawberry guavas have it the worst. Probably gonna pull them out from directly under the light for a bit and see how they do. Poor girls..

A748D5D1 7A5A 4DD1 9BDA 91932B84FF4F

Papaya cake seems to be handling the heat pretty well. Really need to get this room setup

F70E0820 8C7A 4C18 8800 5DA85F1CE1DA

Bopgun. Bit of canoeing on these but new growth looks to be doing alright.

7D9DBBAE C406 4AC8 A244 E3ACF7E39EA9

Tropic truffle

Update on the kiddos...

Transplanted half of them 7 days ago and the rest 5 days ago... watered them in until 10% runoff. Watering the outter rim as they dry out(until the top surface drys, not until they’re bone dry). Some new growth on the ones that have had they’re first feedings, the others are showing signs of what I believe to be heat stress. My friend who was just over said it looks like root aphids, hoping he’s wrong lol. I raised the light a bit more and am keeping the door open while the flower lights are on..
Also need to go get some ultrasonic foggers and get the humidity up. Barely pushing 35% and temp is between 80-82 at the top of the canopy. Gonna foliar feed shortly with some liquid karma and some pure blend tea and try to raise rh a bit. Until then, anxiety

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

FE5855D2 36ED 4346 AE3D 76CD6E223B2C

Wtf is going on with these clementines??? They look super far behind for day 30. Are they gonna explode soon or did I stunt them some how? This is a cola as well...about 16” from a 600w hps. They smell amazing just look so far behind the SD and the PV...

030F81D7 D2FB 4F85 A152 F0D76E38C4AE

Pura vida. Why couldn’t I have just done the whole room PV

2C1A4C46 B75A 4453 9E74 5BDFE6F261D5

Star dawg starting to pack on some resin. Had to do a major defoliation on these. Seem to be happy. They smell amazing

0008A1E4 D937 4BA5 83AC 96868756868F

The stardawg canopy post-defoliation. Still have to go through it more there so many budsites not getting light

By the way, this is my first time running coco, first Scrog, first time running botanicare and first time running these strains. As bad as I want to maximize my yield on this run, I’ll be happy with what ever I get. Canopy management was so terrible. Learning so much this run though, cannot wait to implement what I’ve learned on the next run...

PS: tropic truffle is by exotic genetix. Not oni. My b ‍♂️

Monster762

Monster762

Looks good. I’m trying first scrog too but a tent scrog. 4x4 blotto ogk mosca. Coco too. As for the clementine
is that also a new strain to you? Looks healthy might just be a low yielder. Little dark green but could just be the pic. But pistils look healthy. I’d think stress would show. You got 100% white healthy pistils.
I wouldn’t worry much. What’s the flower time on clementine ? That stardawg canopy is 30 days in. If so the really jumped all over flower. I’m at day 44 now no colas like that. I got a stardawg crossed with dj short blueberry going in there too. Just 1 plant of it. Xbj16 They call
it i back crossed it n got seeds of next gen.

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Looks good. I’m trying first scrog too but a tent scrog. 4x4 blotto ogk mosca. Coco too. As for the clementine
is that also a new strain to you? Looks healthy might just be a low yielder. Little dark green but could just be the pic. But pistils look healthy. I’d think stress would show. You got 100% white healthy pistils.
I wouldn’t worry much. What’s the flower time on clementine ? That stardawg canopy is 30 days in. If so the really jumped all over flower. I’m at day 44 now no colas like that. I got a stardawg crossed with dj short blueberry going in there too. Just 1 plant of it. Xbj16 They call
it i back crossed it n got seeds of next gen.
Thanks you. Yes all three are new to me. I know the Clem isn’t the best yeilder but I. Hoping it starts to stack a little soon lol. Probably all gonna goto hah either way there’s no way it’s gonna have any bag appeal. My buddy that gave it to me ran it 10 weeks but if I can I’m gonna chop it closer to 8-9. The stardawgs did take right off. All three are 30 days in. I just wish the stardawgs wasn’t so god damn bushy. I’d probably keep it if it wasn’t. Hopefully yours start to fatten up. I grew dj short’s bb and it had fattys

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks you. Yes all three are new to me. I know the Clem isn’t the best yeilder but I. Hoping it starts to stack a little soon lol. Probably all gonna goto hah either way there’s no way it’s gonna have any bag appeal. My buddy that gave it to me ran it 10 weeks but if I can I’m gonna chop it closer to 8-9. The stardawgs did take right off. All three are 30 days in. I just wish the stardawgs wasn’t so god damn bushy. I’d probably keep it if it wasn’t. Hopefully yours start to fatten up. I grew dj short’s bb and it had fattys
Nice plants. My colas aren’t connecting solid. Rock hard buds but I can’t get the damn nodes spaced right. They didn’t really start flowers til 2-1/2 weeks in so I’ll be pushing em a little longer.
N I know what you mean about bushy. Here’s the stradawg x dj short blueberry I backcrossed. She went in on 12/17. Really dusty strain. I mean like a lot of sugar in the bag after bagging it. Trichs all over jar. Probably be good to make hash or extract.
There was broad mites in veg box she came from but she was treated multiple times n scoping clean before flowering. But leaves show damage n twist on older ones and I think she’s overfertilized they don’t eat much n I been hitting her with the scrog feed
26CD5850 A246 42C1 A26C A13DF1380860
4A32B1FD 93AB 4850 A716 BD133FE6CE01

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Nice plants. My colas aren’t connecting solid. Rock hard buds but I can’t get the damn nodes spaced right. They didn’t really start flowers til 2-1/2 weeks in so I’ll be pushing em a little longer.
N I know what you mean about bushy. Here’s the stradawg x dj short blueberry I backcrossed. She went in on 12/17. Really dusty strain. I mean like a lot of sugar in the bag after bagging it. Trichs all over jar. Probably be good to make hash or extract.
There was broad mites in veg box she came from but she was treated multiple times n scoping clean before flowering. But leaves show damage n twist on older ones and I think she’s overfertilized they don’t eat much n I been hitting her with the scrog feed View attachment 851088View attachment 851089
Looks dank! Heard broads are a bitch and a half. Still haven’t had to deal with them thankfully (knock on wood lol)

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Picked up a little humidifier from Walmart for the veg girls. They seem to be doing better now. It’s helped keep the temps slightly below 80*. Im going to keep these four for mother’s and flower out the rest of the bunch.

68BD181E 1D42 4435 A539 D2B7D010154E
A9EF2D4D 2F18 4D63 98B3 025E1084BABD
5300CF9A ABB0 4E5B 88BA EACDC6900F39
6C4B9992 3B92 4AF2 A4EE C7E10895CECE

Can’t wait to get these on an automatic drip so I can start getting some sleep . Hopefully today I can wire another 240v outlet down there so that I can use the two 315’s I have collecting dust. Cheers

Latest posts

Top Bottom