Extreme Grow Room Makeover- 8430w Of Scrog

• Thread starter Chowfarms
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Gelato x wedding cake I picked up from a buddy. Smoked a few snaps, now it’s nap time

0DB38547 64C8 4890 865C 4D41FFBC9274
63EFD807 E60D 4BBC BB08 F37BF3E50468

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Last night was pretty darn stressful. Came home to my veg light off, switched the ballast, cords, bulb, everything...

Turns out my ballast, and back up ballast both shit the bed. So I was forced to unplug one of my flower lights so I could plug this bad boy in

I saw a thread of people roasting the grow beast. What is there not to like about it besides the price tag(I’m paying my buddy half price for it after this run so I guess maybe that’s why I like it so much lol). Once they get bigger I’ll probably turn the DE in the middle on and veg for a couple weeks with all three bulbs on and then keep 4 plants under it and flower them out. Crank that DE up as much as I can without it getting to hot in the 10x10 room..

Anywho, girls seem to like the CMH. My first time using them, pretty sold so far lol. Gonna be picking up some more in the next few weeks to replace my other veg lights.

Few of the girls got haircuts last night too :)...

2F8FA750 51A1 4DE7 9C16 BC0090E969C4
BBBE49FD E347 4827 A635 D2A681848055

Finally picked me up some OG biowar too! Time to see what all the fuss is about :)

E05362FD 1EB4 4004 80F7 A8152F614111

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

12 hours after being topped. I never usually top this early but I’m going to try to keep this round nice a short so I can flower then under 1k’s instead of 600’s. Gonna transplant then into 3gals and trellis them in the next 7-10 days. Then veg 3 more weeks before flip. Harvesting in 3 weeks so that gives me a solid 2-3 days to tear down the current room, burn sulphur, and rebuild the room. No pressure .

Just have to frame out two walls, insulate, throw up Sheetrock, prime, paint, hang lights and fans and then ready to rock
C2724406 084F 4164 88F5 E0D6945AA248

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Gonna build these for each plant. This is from @great_lake_provisions on IG. Gonna do these on plant dollies with self draining saucers all going to my floor drain. The pvc base will act as a riser so they aren’t sitting in their runoff. Going to try and fill the room wall to wall and then leave a couple feet at the end so I can roll them just enough to get in between each one(like the library shelves do). Hoping it works. I wanna do perpetual so doing this will allow me to veg in the veg room and then roll them into the flower room as soon as this round finishes. Don’t wanna have to tie up the flower room for 2-3 weeks while they fill in their screens..

21518A6C 4ECB 450C 856B 0F2F00A2FC90
ABF0DB9A 8261 46D3 8074 3055BDF27A89

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Just hit week three of veg. Not where I want them to be but I’m happy considering they spent most of the first two weeks in a half assed room under far from ideal conditions. Everyone is topped and I began supercropping. Gonna start trellsinging them this week.

5AB37AF7 E806 436B A067 79B68B263CFE
B0629BA9 0672 4547 BDDC 6898DB8B676A
D3355105 3AE1 4A5F A0E4 1E0E8EBD0042
F9D8572A 5A97 425B 84F3 11ACAEDACCBA

Oldmateslim

Oldmateslim

Subbed! Nice setup man, you have alot going on. Will be good to see those portable scrogs on dollys, genius.

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

I see ipa so got to be decent. Idk about fruits n creams though. Only thing I’ll drink is flying dog Local brewery ipa very hoppy flavors.

It’s not what I’d normally get but surprisingly delicious. Not overwhelming creamy or fruity. I’m a pbr guy myself lol

Subbed! Nice setup man, you have alot going on. Will be good to see those portable scrogs on dollys, genius.

Thanks bro. Needed a way to be able to start trellising in my veg room and then move them into the flower room as soon as the round before them is done. Trying to keep a tight schedule lol. I’ve decided to switch it up though. Going to be doing more plants so I’m gonna make tables out of corrugated polycarbonate roofing panels, on casters, with a scrog frame attached. That way I only have to make 5 tables as opposed to 15 individual frames lol

Looks good!!!

Thanks man. Learning something new everyday :)

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

So after days and days of bouncing back and forth between ideas, here is what I’ve settled on(for now lol).

Instead of doing 3 rows of 4, I’m going to do 3 rows of 5. 3 plants per table to fill a 10x16’ canopy...I was going to transplant them from 1 gals to 3 gals but instead decided to keep them in 1gals and throw a few more in the room. I’m a firm believer that having a nice dense root system with coco going into flower is crucial for high frequency fertigation. If I were to have transplanted them into 3’s I would have needed to veg them for a couple more weeks. Since this room is opening up in a week or so I decided to just fill it asap.

A79C392E 990C 434B B841 E959FE530017

I spent a lot of time trying to decide what to do for lighting this round. I’ve decided to use the (8) 600w SE epaps that I have and add in a row of (5) 315w CMH’s in between the rows of HPS, for a grand total of 6375w @ 31.2A. A month after these are flipped I’m going to be flipping a couple big’ol ladies in my veg room, and moving my mothers to my little clone room, which I’ll be upgrading soon. Veg room will have 3-4kw(I have (2) 1kw SE HPS, (1) 1kw DE HPS, and the grow beast which is 1kw DE HPS and (2) 315w CMH that won’t be in use and would like to use all but one SE HPS; which I’ll use for my mommas).

8383425F 8FF3 434F A102 CE8932BD72F2

As for the tables/scrog frames, here is a ROUGH sketch of what I have planned. 2” thick PVC for the table frame and then 1” pvc coming up off of it for the scrog frame.

The table made will be 26” x 6’ corrugated polycarbonate roofing panels at slight incline, with gutters on the ends, all of which will be plumbed to my floor drain. The first layer of trellis will be wire fencing and will only be 2x6’ so that they all can fit in the veg room to allow me to begin filling them in prior to flipping. The casters will obviously allow me to move them room to room, and also to be able to move them around in the flower room to be able to get around(I plan on it being a tight fit lol, very little unused space). I’ve implented ideas from folks I’ve seen on the forums/IG so can’t take any credit for any of this. Not even sure if it’s a good idea but we’ll see. PVC is like legos for adults to me so I don’t mind doing the work.

87B5EAD2 4452 41A5 B2DA C024A53988D5

Construction begins in a week! Going to be tearing down the existing room, sanitizing, framing out a new one, insulating, Sheetrock, mud/tape/prime paint, sanitizing again. Idle handles are the devils play things, so I like to keep busy. This should do the trick for a few days .

Open to any input/suggestions. I’ve been at this for 11 year on and off but like to pretend I know nothing, I’m constantly reading/researching and look for any consctructive critiscim I can get, so lay it on me! After this first coco run I have absolutely no intentions on going back to any of the systems I’ve done in the past (DWC, Aero, soil, peat, RW). I am absolutely head over heels for coco! Such an amazing medium.

Anywho, rant over. Bout to pop another monster and get back to work. Cheers guys! May the sleepless nights pay off for the rest of you (and hopefully me too LOL)

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Nothing is more satisfying to me than creating a solution to a problem with what I have on hand! So far this whole grow has been comprised of 90% scrap/repurposed items. First grow in three years so ballin in a budget for now lol. I used some old 3 gallon nursery pots to prop up some shallow totes I picked up from Walmart for $10 each. Drilled a hole in the middle of the ends and put a piece of scrap OSB on the other end for a slight incline. Popped some saucers that weren’t in use under the holes to catch run off them just dump em in a homer bucket. Easy peasy, and CHEAP! :)

01DBC371 F5A8 4475 AC76 A517EDA96E82

2A85BA27 60EC 4BB9 8C6D 313DC0D7C0A0

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I saw a lot of single leaf in pictures, are you sure your timers are correct or do those clones come off a flowering plant?

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Thought so. Any reason for the 24 veg and not 18/6 which I do believe plants do much better with.

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

Thought so. Any reason for the 24 veg and not 18/6 which I do believe plants do much better with.

What is your reasoning for that? Just curious.

Ideally I would be running 18/6 to save on electricity. But I’ve always ran 24/0, feel like I get better growth rates. The reason I’m doing 24/0 now is that when I turn my veg lights off my room gets too cold. Even with my lights on a run a 1500w heater to keep it above 80*. Bouta ditch the heater and fire up the DE set to 600w tho. Just didn’t have the need for anymore light up until now.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

The growth rates aren't worth the power consumption trust. 24/0 I do for clones until they root. Where does the sun stay out for 24 hr? Plants love a rest period gives them a chance to cool down basically. Totally understand about the temps tho and why u do it

Chowfarms

Chowfarms

The growth rates aren't worth the power consumption trust. 24/0 I do for clones until they root. Where does the sun stay out for 24 hr? Plants love a rest period gives them a chance to cool down basically. Totally understand about the temps tho and why u do it

I’m not disagreeing with you at all but I never base my logic for indoor cultivation based on their natural environment. I don’t want to recreate their natural environment, I want to create one that’s even better and push the plant to its limits. In nature they don’t get perfectly balanced nutrient solutions multiple times a day, nor do they have perfect 12/12 days. Or crazy elevated levels of CO2. Lots of differences between nature and indoor cultivation IMO. No disrespect, to each their own. Cheers bro

Top Bottom