Share Your EZ Cloner Set Up

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DieselDuds

DieselDuds

So i got myself a 64 Site Ez Cloner , I plan on making 50 clones with it plus some to hold onto strains. My plans are to take cuttings from 8 bogglegums , 12" cuttings and veg in the cloner for 2 weeks and veg 2 more weeks in 1 gal pots.

Nutes to be used in cloner

Superthrive 10 drops per gal
Orca Mycorrhizae
Silica
Clonex Cloning Solution

My questions are

Are my cuttings to large? Are my additives and nutrients too much? and am i missing something ?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
So i got myself a 64 Site Ez Cloner , I plan on making 50 clones with it plus some to hold onto strains. My plans are to take cuttings from 8 bogglegums , 12" cuttings and veg in the cloner for 2 weeks and veg 2 more weeks in 1 gal pots.

Nutes to be used in cloner

Superthrive 10 drops per gal
Orca Mycorrhizae
Silica
Clonex Cloning Solution

My questions are

Are my cuttings to large? Are my additives and nutrients too much? and am i missing something ?
Try 6 inch cuts and ditch the silica, mycor and super thrive... you can get roots with tap water alone bud.

hiboy

hiboy

With my botanic power cloner I start to see roots about 10 days and in two weeks
it's a jungle in there
makes me wonder how I keep from going under
Hb

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Only 1 strain will do this.
5-6 days from cut, I'm potting with golf ball sized compact root ball.
Darlins net Dansbud pheno (gg4 x dmt)
Using aero cloner (amazon guy)
Dip n grow solution 20% +.5ml concentration, soaking for 5 mins or so. This IS the only strain out of 15 that will do this.

rosco23

rosco23

is this a bad idea? My friend gave me some clones in Rockwool cubes and i was thinking this would speed up the rooting process so i can put them in my dwc system. They roots are just poking out the bottom of the cubes as of now.

Rockwool in ez cloner
Daikokuten

Daikokuten

It's not a good idea. Rockwool is supposed to be watered top down to oxygenate the roots. It is dripped so that it is not sopping wet but flooding top down, drying a bit, flooding top down, etc. It takes them forever to root and you get algae almost immediately on top and root rot or slow development on the bottom from the overly anaerobic environment. Part of rockwool as a medium, is its wrapping. The smaller ones work because they get so much air from the sides anyways, though they don't really. You're better off hand watering the rockwool if it's a small cube or putting it into something like a bucket of balls or dirt if it's just a cylinder plug. Allowing it to form roots outside of the rockwool is critical to it winning that cylinder from anaerobic bacteria and algae. Algae and biofilm prevent the rockwool from breathing so to speak by smothering it and stopping air exchange.

G

greenleaff

So my buddy and I were wondering if well water would root cuttings in an ez cloner? The well water is at around 300-350 ppm (.700 scale). We’re pretty curious about this, so let me know your opinions.

Another question as well:
When I mix recommended Clonex solution in my ez cloner, my ppms are really high? Like over 700-800. Would that be too much for a cutting? (Using RO water).

I’ve had a couple cycles so far with it that have had full 6’ roots in about 3 weeks but not all survived. So I’m trying to figure out a way best for me to get 100% survival rate, and also faster time. And the leaves aren’t always green. Like this last cycle, half turned yellow and had orangish tips.

My room temp and water temp both usually are at 80. And my humidity at around 60%. T-5 light hanging about 4-5 feet above.
I’m thinking my water may be too high and is what’s causing some to die off maybe? Or too high of ppm?

Let me know what you think, and/or your recipe to using the ez cloner! Thanks in advance

bigweedguy

bigweedguy

Hey everyone!
I recently just got my EZ cloner running and I was wondering what type of nutrients people are running when they are cloning. Right now I am just using the Clonex Gel and KLN in the reservoir. I am getting good results but does anyone have any natural alternatives for cloning?

Latest posts

Top Bottom