Troubles With Ez Cloners

• Thread starter Dbear180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mango420

mango420

I would also say that your temps in the cloner should be warmer. I've found 78-82 the best temps for quickest rooting, anything below that and roots take forever.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I would also say that your temps in the cloner should be warmer. I've found 78-82 the best temps for quickest rooting, anything below that and roots take forever.
Not that it's wrong, but I disagree, 68-70 degree water temp does better for rooting. I'd aim for temps like that if I was using rooters or plugs, I don't shave my stems, clonex rooting gel, 7 days tops and ready to plant. Could just be my luck.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Not that it's wrong, but I disagree, 68-70 degree water temp does better for rooting. I'd aim for temps like that if I was using rooters or plugs, I don't shave my stems, clonex rooting gel, 7 days tops and ready to plant. Could just be my luck.

Used my recycle timer 20 min off 5 min on for the pump, letting the air temp go a little lower. Roots def look like they are stretching out now since I moved them down I can actually see the growth. Next run I'll use the timer from the start & I won't scrape any stems & see if that helps me at all.
I put another batch on 15/15 today for a friend. They had explosive bumpy growth at first but his room got down to like 60 a couple nights in a row & brought root growth on them to a halt.

mango420

mango420

Hey if that works for Ya more power to ya, obviously more than one way works here, but I've been fuckin with these aero cloners since I built my own over 10 years ago and tried every trick in the book, and what's worked for me is keeping it simple, straight water, pump 24/7 and temps at 80. Oh and clean the fuck out of em after every run, can't stress that one enough.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Hey if that works for Ya more power to ya, obviously more than one way works here, but I've been fuckin with these aero cloners since I built my own over 10 years ago and tried every trick in the book, and what's worked for me is keeping it simple, straight water, pump 24/7 and temps at 80. Oh and clean the fuck out of em after every run, can't stress that one enough.

Do you run any form of chlorine in your systems? I prefer h202. I got slimed pretty good once with "clear rez" & warm temps. H202 reversed it & saved 95% of the cuttings.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Ok first off thank you to all of you for your input on the matter, feels good to know I have some brothers out there willing to share good info!
I decided to move the clones down in the collars to expose the root growth in the collars that should have been happening on the lower stem. Ambient air temp has been between 65-69. About 30-40% rh. Been running pump on a recycle timer @ 20 min off 5 min on during the day when it's warmer. Runs all night because I don't want them to get too cold. (Just plug into wall @ bedtime & into timer upon wake up) 18/6 light schedule. I took a little of everyone's advice & I'm having great results! These babies were almost bare on Friday & now every one is working them roots out!
Thanks again!
20171205 215758

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Imo.tour stems are far too long. Your roots you want to grow at the end, not 4" above the cut tip.

If I remember tonight, I'll post up a couple pics of my 2 cloners.

Dbear180

Dbear180

Imo.tour stems are far too long. Your roots you want to grow at the end, not 4" above the cut tip.

If I remember tonight, I'll post up a couple pics of my 2 cloners.

I agree but I had to move them down in the collars because for some reason they did not want to root where they should have. Moving them down exposed the rootlets & kept them from growing through the collars (last time that happened I broke a ton of nice roots off because it grew outwards all the way through the collars & then down so I couldn't get them out without breaking them off it really put a damper on growth for a few weeks). I'm just happy they finally grew some legs, idk what's up with her being tough lately.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Just seems fundamentally easier to up pot the below cuttings vs an 8" stem with roots 6/7" above the cut tip.

20171208 093532

Dbear180

Dbear180

Maybe he can make a deeper hole in tbe soil......crazy idea right

Whaaaaattttttt? Deeper holes? Mind blown! lol transplants really aren't a big deal for me, done them from the time I was a kid... Kinda like playing with a puppy, watch what your doing, push it aroud a little, just make sure you don't hurt it :)

Dbear180

Dbear180

Just seems fundamentally easier to up pot the below cuttings vs an 8" stem with roots 6/7" above the cut tip.

View attachment 763034

The entire cutting is about 8 inches long only about 4 in will be in the one gals. I feel like the shallower I plant the longer i can stay in the 1 gals without becoming rootbound as fast too.

Clamwrangler

Clamwrangler

I read up the ezcloner website, if you're having trouble getting roots but are getting callusing (white swollen lumps, prior to roots shooting out) to run the pump on a timer. 15 on 45 off for a few days until the roots show.
Might help mate.
grow well

B

budmcdablin

Hello, I have been using a Ez cloner for around 45 weeks and now have been experiencing troubles with clones rooting.

(45 weeks ago) Date: Dec 2017 - I first was using a 32 site cloner with Clonex solution and a easy boy filter, At the current time I am unsure on what my current PPM was during that time. I had a very good success rate.

fast forward to present day

All clones have been cut at 45* angle and are coming from healthy moms
They are in a 4x4 tent under 24/7 2 bulb t5 light, Temp is reading 75 degrees, humidity reading 65%

I have replaced the ez cloner with a brand new 64 site and now using a RO filter. The reason for replacement as the old 32 was washed and soaked in bleach (assuming that was the cause of my failures). I'm still currently having issues. For this batch of clones, I Ph'd the water to 6.2, with 250 PPM of clonex solution and Hormone rooting gel which was applied before being in the cloner. Just under two weeks of it sitting, I have some signs of root growth but also seeing a good percentage die.

During this time of the clones sitting in this batch, The water was not checked to see what the current PH has been. When checked PH was reading 6.4, PPM remained constant.

I remade a batch of fresh clonex solution, raising the PPM levels to 310 (70ml of clonex solution in a 5 gallon) setting the PH to 6.1-6.2. Ph was on the cusp 6.2.

If anyone can provide me with information on what is being done wrong, or care to share your method of cloning it was be greatly appreciated

DrawoH

DrawoH

Hello, I have been using a Ez cloner for around 45 weeks and now have been experiencing troubles with clones rooting.

(45 weeks ago) Date: Dec 2017 - I first was using a 32 site cloner with Clonex solution and a easy boy filter, At the current time I am unsure on what my current PPM was during that time. I had a very good success rate.

fast forward to present day

All clones have been cut at 45* angle and are coming from healthy moms
They are in a 4x4 tent under 24/7 2 bulb t5 light, Temp is reading 75 degrees, humidity reading 65%

I have replaced the ez cloner with a brand new 64 site and now using a RO filter. The reason for replacement as the old 32 was washed and soaked in bleach (assuming that was the cause of my failures). I'm still currently having issues. For this batch of clones, I Ph'd the water to 6.2, with 250 PPM of clonex solution and Hormone rooting gel which was applied before being in the cloner. Just under two weeks of it sitting, I have some signs of root growth but also seeing a good percentage die.

During this time of the clones sitting in this batch, The water was not checked to see what the current PH has been. When checked PH was reading 6.4, PPM remained constant.

I remade a batch of fresh clonex solution, raising the PPM levels to 310 (70ml of clonex solution in a 5 gallon) setting the PH to 6.1-6.2. Ph was on the cusp 6.2.

If anyone can provide me with information on what is being done wrong, or care to share your method of cloning it was be greatly appreciated

DrawoH

DrawoH

Water temp is the problem that causes mushy stems.. if the tent temp is 75 the the water temp is much higher due to the pump.

B

budmcdablin

Water temp is the problem that causes mushy stems.. if the tent temp is 75 the the water temp is much higher due to the pump.
Will check that out! Happen to have any other suggestions?

Could me using neut water be an issue? as a few other people have suggested that in other forums.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I use tap water or distilled water. Ph is usually closer to 7. I also use a makeshift humidity dome to keep them from perspiring. A drop or two of superthrive is all the vitamins you need imo. I don’t use Clonex anymore. Some swear by it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom