Troubles With Ez Cloners

• Thread starter Dbear180
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DrawoH

DrawoH

Will check that out! Happen to have any other suggestions?

Could me using neut water be an issue? as a few other people have suggested that in other forums.
1/4 strength is ok.. i always ran rhizotonic in mine to produce feeders. I got rid of my ezclone. Im on SoCal so it's to hot to run in the summer months unless i user a chiller. if your issue is mushy stems the water temp is the problem . Just like any areoponic system you need cooler rooting temps...

Dbear180

Dbear180

I run mine 15/15 on off on a recycle timer with a lil bit of hydroguard, room temps low 70s. If rooting is still slow after a week I turn the off time up to about 40 min & it kicks em into gear. Been thinking about trying rapid rooters lately tho, never know what might work better for your particular application.

DrawoH

DrawoH

I run mine 15/15 on off on a recycle timer with a lil bit of hydroguard, room temps low 70s. If rooting is still slow after a week I turn the off time up to about 40 min & it kicks em into gear. Been thinking about trying rapid rooters lately tho, never know what might work better for your particular application.
Rapid rooters work great.. I line the bottom tray with a little most coco before adding the media insert and dome.. works fast with a lot less trouble and less space needed.

B

budmcdablin

Interesting about the 40 min off, Currently have placed it on a timer of 15/15 but could the constant spray when the pump was on 24/7 preventing the root growth? With the 40 min off does this allow quicker growth of roots?

1/4 strength is ok.. i always ran rhizotonic in mine to produce feeders. I got rid of my ezclone. Im on SoCal so it's to hot to run in the summer months unless i user a chiller. if your issue is mushy stems the water temp is the problem . Just like any areoponic system you need cooler rooting temps...

I checked my water temps, it is very close to 80 degrees. With that being said, I did place the pump on a 15/15 timer (will keep an eye on temps more often). On top I changed the water to clean neut free RO water. I stay in Colorado as winter is approaching my temps will continue to fall hopefully helping me. When I first started aero cloning, I was in mid winter which could be reason my temps were not an issue.

I did notice on the ones that are dying the stems are mushy. compared to the others which are rooted and growing.

In a few days I plan to take another round and from the start will take all these suggestions into consideration.

B

budmcdablin

Rapid rooters work great.. I line the bottom tray with a little most coco before adding the media insert and dome.. works fast with a lot less trouble and less space needed.

That might be my last option, as rock-wool and aero have not been the most successful for me.

This is just more information about my failed cloning (currently not attempting)

When i did rock-wool, I pre-soak in clonex/water at 250 ppm at 5.8 ph. Most of my clones died around week 2. I would mist the plants once a day with just normal Ro water. keeping the dome on top. This was placed in my veg room which has higher temps and was on a 18/6 light. Also attempted the same exact way on 24/7 light in rock-wool. still failures.

DrawoH

DrawoH

That might be my last option, as rock-wool and aero have not been the most successful for me.

This is just more information about my failed cloning (currently not attempting)

When i did rock-wool, I pre-soak in clonex/water at 250 ppm at 5.8 ph. Most of my clones died around week 2. I would mist the plants once a day with just normal Ro water. keeping the dome on top. This was placed in my veg room which has higher temps and was on a 18/6 light. Also attempted the same exact way on 24/7 light in rock-wool. still failures.

you only need to mist the first time and when you're ready to remove the dome. the dome should keep them moist enough. other then that you only need to mist them if they are weeping for water. lighting is best at 24hr

Erick31876

Erick31876

I use a timer with mine to keep temps down . I run it 15minutes on , 15 minutrs off.i use tap water ph is 7.0 . After i get roots i put a little bit 1/4 teaspoon of megacrop in the water. I have probably around 85-90% success rate

DrawoH

DrawoH

It’s not needed but it doesn’t hurt either. It’s all about keeping your clones hydrated until they root.

But that’s my opinion.
Cool br0.. I'll explain my side. An ezclone domes slows down the rooting and veg process by having to harden clones that otherwise would already be taking off after once feeder roots are established. It also adds higher temps and the increased chance of mold and stemp rot. I live by the KISS method (keep it simple stupid). If anyone wants to educate me differently, I'm would be thankful for the knowledge.. using a normal tray and dome to root clones is completely different the areo.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A dome doesn’t necessarily have to increase the chances of mold it simply reduces the air flow going over the cuttings which increase perspiration and can lead to wilting.

You don’t need to have an air tight dome you can leave space around it so it can breath and not hold high levels of moisture. You can also perforate the dome to ensure it doesn’t stay wet inside.

For example I clone in my veg cabinet where I also veg my plants and seedlings. I use a fan to blow air over the plants to make them stronger and without a dome the cuttings would be more likely to dry out.

So I use a make shift dome to ensure this doesn’t happen.

I’m not saying it’s a must for everyone I’m just saying in my particular case it’s helpful. In many other situations it might not be. But I didn’t say he had to do it nor would I ever insist anyone follow what I do. But if it helps then it’s an option worth looking at.

We all grow in slightly different environments and little tips and tricks can come in handy. Especially if you’re buzzed and browsing a cannabis forum.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
As others have said what are your water temps running.? If your ambient air is 75 then with added heat from lights and cloner pump you may be too high with your water temps.

As poppa gnome mentioned you can add some frozen water bottles to get your temps down. Can be a pita to remember all the time but beats tossing good clones away...……..

K

kanadabuz

i believe that your 1st pic shows the problem. your cutting is too long. where that white root is showing on the knob - i would have made the cut above that, scraped the bottom inch on both sides, inserted it into a cloning gel, lites on 18/6, pumps 24/7. change the h2o every 4/5 days. also, i would have trimmed back at least 1/2 the green canopy. (the aim is a strong, huge, root system - .) i use a 60 site ez cloner. 7 - 10 days to see roots, 12 - 16 days later, planted into beer cups. best clones ever. hopes this helps

Top Bottom