ezcloner issues out of the blue.

• Thread starter Sway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
That same studio has Drownig Pool, Eryka Badu, Pantera(old days), Damage Plan, Flyleaf, KWS, etc..etc.. and a bunch of the national touring bands use it as a rehearsal before local big gigs or recordin sessions.

I think he has 5 or so of them now all around Dallas

tex

S

Sway

last week i did the whole 1tsp bleach to 1 gal of water, ran that bitch for 30 minutes in cloner, then 5 cycles of 15 minutes with plain water to flush the bleach n such. it helped a little bit, had a sensi star root within 5 days, but just pop the tips of roots. i used to get FULLL rooting in 14 days, like foot long roots. now i get shit. i dont understand because ive gone over and over what my problems could be. ive used this same cloner for a little under 3 years and am just now starting to have problems. the cloner sat for a few months while i moved and when i fired her back up im having issues. i really dont wanna go back to rockwool. i was never very good at cloning in rockwool compared to when the ezcloner was working properly. i also switch to humboldt nutes at the same time i started cloning again, maybe thats my issue. ive noticed the humboldt doesnt seem to produce growth rates like my old nute menu with botanicare and earth juice with my moms. anyways, i need to figure this out and get my 100% success back from my ezcloner. this one seriously is making me scratch my head. thanks for the input guys!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
It sure looks like the Humboldt Roots is the same as Roots Exelerater from H&G to me...I put one capfull (about 10ml) of the Roots Exelerater in there and rock in roll....works great.

Get ya inline pump and move the water pump outside the res. and I bet the water temps come down and the unit will work better.

Tex

S

Sway

i havent had any problems until the cloner sat for a while. im doing everything the same as before when i always had 98% rooting within 2 weeks. the only thing that is different is the nutes. i guess ill try switching back nutes after a major cleaning with hydrogen peroxide. if that doesnt work im goin back to rockwool. fuck it. ive been trying to fix this issue for to long

S

Sway

ok guys check this out. i figured out my problem!! it totaly wasnt bacteria. but it was water temp. but it wasnt from lighting or ambient temps. it was from the pump in the tank. i run a mild nutrient in my ezcloner and the particles from the nutrient made the pump work harder than it should, therefore creating more heat in the water. so i wanted to spread the word about not running nutes in ur ezcloner and making sure pump maintenance is up to par. it took me a long time with many dead clones to figure this out. so dont be a retard like me! i actually gave up with the ezcloner in general and root in rapid rooter plugs now. things are going well. but if your going to run a ezcloner, watch that pump and ur water temps like a hawk or its completely useless.

T

tenacious

Supporter
keeping the bottom of the tank in contact w/cool cement[basement] floor helps alot to keep tempature down where it needs to be.

mace

mace

Im using a 60 site for the first time right now. Using 2 liter bottles that have been frozen to help keep the water temp down, and im in a room that's roughly 73 degrees. The temps still seem a bit warm so im thinking of putting the pump on a 10 on 5 off cycle to help keep the temp down.

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I see alot of people using the 60 mace put it on a timer at 15 on and 15 off and they do really well

M

Mr Green

i have a 60 with probs with water temps.. running it 15 on ,,15 off is what you have heard to help with that prob zoo ??? also with that method when arew they getting roots zoo

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
10 to 14 dayz , I use the 30 now and have roots at 7 to 14 dayz with 11 being perfect and most by 14 dayz are touching the sprayers . I think if I had to use frozen water bottles or something I'd just go back to RW . I know you guys don't want to spend more money since these damn things already cost enough but what about using the 30 site pump in the 60 to keep temps down ?

mace

mace

Zoo, i have a terrible issue with survival rates and clones, i borrowed this 60 site from a friend who was fed up with it. I'm trying to dial in the right way t o use it for the best results. The 2 liter coke bottles seem to be a really easy answer, they take a while to freeze and i would say having three on hand is best. Who cares though, they are reusable and they drop the temps like a rock.

M

Mr Green

10 to 14 dayz , I use the 30 now and have roots at 7 to 14 dayz with 11 being perfect and most by 14 dayz are touching the sprayers . I think if I had to use frozen water bottles or something I'd just go back to RW . I know you guys don't want to spend more money since these damn things already cost enough but what about using the 30 site pump in the 60 to keep temps down ?

does the 30 use a smaller pump then the 60 does zoo??? if you know of some people running there 60 15 on , 15 off and having good results then i am going to give that a try.. but if the 30 has a smaller pump then i just might pick one up too

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
thank you zoo and dreads dont feel helpless man i was bout to blow mine up i still have some real m80,s from the fourth exact same prob me and my partner used to have masssive roots in 10 or 12 days till i stored it im going to try the new advice

S

Sway

after more research with other growers it seems like everyone is having the same issues after running their ezcloner for more than 6 months or so, i switched back to trays and rooter plugs and im never going back. i get 98% rooting and im not limited to a certain number like the cloners, so i can cut 500+ clones and keep them in a very small area (verticle clone racks). rooting times seem to be the same as long as ur temps are dialed in and u dont overwater. trays are just way cheaper to run, can produce way more cuts in the same space, and ur not relying on equipment to keep ur cuts alive. go old school, use trays! much luck for u guys

G

grizz

well Im also known as a baby killer like Tex, I have tried every clone method known to man, I get mixed results with every method.I recently built a aero cloner and purchesed a exy, so far the ezcloner is the best I have tried, the thing I love about the aero style is the set it and forget it , no misting, no dome. just put them in the pucks and turn it on. and the health of the cuts is so much better than when I rooted in RR or coco. just my 2 cents worth.

J

Jalisco Kid

i bought a 1/4 hp chiller that did not work for crap added it to an ezcloner that works the same .Now I have a $700 hybrid that works as well as my $80 bubbler.
The thing that pisses me off the ezclone guys have known this for a long time. They sent me emails acknowledging the problem and told me a rep was there and they were going to use a new pump design. That was well over a year ago. JK

C

cway

Ive treid almost every way of cloning.. For the money, time, and survival rate id go with a simple bubbler.. I get 95% to 100% success.. all you need are some bubble wands, aquarium heater, aguarium pump, and a some plastic tubs...

G

grizz

Ive treid almost every way of cloning.. For the money, time, and survival rate id go with a simple bubbler.. I get 95% to 100% success.. all you need are some bubble wands, aquarium heater, aguarium pump, and a some plastic tubs...
always down for something new, can you post us some DIY photo's?

Greyskull

Greyskull

i have to give my 30 site ezclone back to my homie... kinda bummed

but i have a 54 site groclone (bubbler) that i am getting back in the next day or two... so i am bummed no more.

Top Bottom