F-ing Caterpillars!

• Thread starter below frigid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
below frigid

below frigid

Never had these f-ers before, 20 years. So late into flowering I just can't bring myself to spray anything on them. Just getting up every morning and hand picking them. The birds are a big help! I go caterpillar blind after an hour or so. No real damage yet. A little bud mold here and there. Part of the game when you're growing dense flowers. Was all stoked about not having to spray anything on the plants for bugs this year. Going to start chopping them down on the 1st. Finish up by the 15th. Be done with the whole deal ( dried and gone ) by the end of October.

cannabeans

cannabeans

What is bt? Is it organic?

Bacillus thuringiensis (or Bt) is a Gram-positive, soil-dwelling bacterium, commonly used as a biological pesticide. B. thuringiensis also occurs naturally in the gut of caterpillars of various types of moths and butterflies, as well on leaf surfaces, aquatic environments, animal feces, insect-rich environments, and flour mills and grain-storage facilities.
Yes... It is approved for organic production if it is the only active ingredient in your pesticide.

Irietime

Irietime

Bacillus thuringiensis (or Bt) is a Gram-positive, soil-dwelling bacterium, commonly used as a biological pesticide. B. thuringiensis also occurs naturally in the gut of caterpillars of various types of moths and butterflies, as well on leaf surfaces, aquatic environments, animal feces, insect-rich environments, and flour mills and grain-storage facilities.
Yes... It is approved for organic production if it is the only active ingredient in your pesticide.
I just picked some up for my oak trees. Damn oak worm ate every single leaf on the tree. NO MORE!!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Being that late in flower, the only thing I would use is bti. Not sure if gnatrol stays in the plant or not.

Westie

Westie

What they said.
I spray BT every other week, preventative. Gobs of these cabbage butterfly (I think) eggs laid around here.

Westie

Westie

Those look like lace wing eggs to me.
Their nymphs are great predators.
Thanks, Dunge. Sooo glad they are not caterpillar eggs! I see the white cabbage bishes on my plants all the time and assumed... Ty

Last edited:
below frigid

below frigid

Yeah I already knew about BT but I never have seen one caterpillar on my plants during the 20 years I have been here on my property. So they did catch me with my pants down. I won't spray anything this late in the game. Just a pain hand picking. Birds have been a big help!

stiffneck

stiffneck

The dreaded white cabbage butterfly... Sounds like lot's o people are dealing with these this year.... :(

Top Bottom