F**k my life, what in the weird spots is going on here?

• Thread starter BirdLaw86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Guys, my lady will be camping from now on but the extra light isnt her favorite, shes droopy after 8hrs in the tent. Will cheesecloth or this mesh i hung up work as sufficent shading?

20211028 095833 HDR
20211028 095822 HDR
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Guys, my lady will be camping from now on but the extra light isnt her favorite, shes droopy after 8hrs in the tent. Will cheesecloth or this mesh i hung up work as sufficent shading?
She looks like she's just waking up

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

She looks like she's just waking up
I heard 1 other person say this and let it just slip my mind. Each day though, at the end of light cycle shes droopy. So i assume thats it bc shes singing to the light when they first go on. Didnt even know it was a thing.

TSD

TSD

1. Egri, A.; Horvath, A.; Kriska, G.; Horvath, G. Optics of sunlit water drops on leaves: conditions under which sunburn is possible. New Phytologist, 2010; DOI: 10.1111/j.1469-8137.2009.03150.x
Quote from there.

And many other studies have been conducted it not a theory its a fact. To add although extremely unlikely like multitudes more than the lottety I would guess. They found a water drop could start a forest fire under extremely rare circumstances.

I'm not trying to be an ass. I am just reinforcing my statement and your objection to it as false.

I have no reason to make something like that up.
Facts. I have probably 20-40 different species of flowers and plants growing any given summer. Some of them can take being watered in full sun, some will shrivel and die at the water on thier leaves heating up in full sun. My husband thought he was helping and watered my hibiscus, all the leaves, on a 80 degree sunny day and killed it. All the leaves were cooked, turned white, and it died. So anyone saying it's not possible, isn't a Gardner, cause that's like the golden rule... don't water your shit in the afternoon sun. Morning is best because it can be absorbed and evaporate before the harsh rays come. Watering at night is also not recommended because wet leaves do encourage fungi to grow. I bypass both these issues with drip hoses. But yeah, would I ever spray some crazy alcohol solution or neem in full sun or full grow lights? No. A light misting on seedlings in a dome under fluorescent? Sure. To each thier own I guess. Translated to an artificial environment, I'd say a few hours before lights on would be what I would do if I had to spray. And maybe reduce light intensity till you're sure it's dry. Enough time to be absorbed, which is the point. If it evaporates almost immediately, how many pests survive? Dunno... seems like common sense to me. 🤷‍♀️

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Looks the same issue as before bro..
Same picture as before max. Not new, still doing the same shit though everyday before lights off. Shes tired lol. I defoliated per Aquas advice and after a step by step walk through of what to remove, she looked great so then I used some LST and the plant sprouted like 20 more tops no bullshitting you. The LST is working like crazy, idk if the new feeding helped but I gave her another tea with kelp molasses worm castings compost and just added new ingredient some Black Kow composted cow manure, well she grew lol, the LST'd branches grew in a U-shape in about 8hrs. I had to retie within like 12 to 14 hrs bc the old spot wasnt holding the tops horizontal as they already grew towards the light. Personally i think half the "issues" werent really that horrible and Im just learning so didnt recognize she would adapt. Shout out to my growbros who help with all my rambling issues. You guys are the MVG's. Ill update some pics when lights pop back on.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Facts. I have probably 20-40 different species of flowers and plants growing any given summer. Some of them can take being watered in full sun, some will shrivel and die at the water on thier leaves heating up in full sun. My husband thought he was helping and watered my hibiscus, all the leaves, on a 80 degree sunny day and killed it. All the leaves were cooked, turned white, and it died. So anyone saying it's not possible, isn't a Gardner, cause that's like the golden rule... don't water your shit in the afternoon sun. Morning is best because it can be absorbed and evaporate before the harsh rays come. Watering at night is also not recommended because wet leaves do encourage fungi to grow. I bypass both these issues with drip hoses. But yeah, would I ever spray some crazy alcohol solution or neem in full sun or full grow lights? No. A light misting on seedlings in a dome under fluorescent? Sure. To each thier own I guess. Translated to an artificial environment, I'd say a few hours before lights on would be what I would do if I had to spray. And maybe reduce light intensity till you're sure it's dry. Enough time to be absorbed, which is the point. If it evaporates almost immediately, how many pests survive? Dunno... seems like common sense to me. 🤷‍♀️
Yea ive refrained from all foliar spraying with lights on, Ive done it once since the issue arose and i made sure it was like 5 mins before lights off and only on the underside of leaves. Im being cautious so I upped the air flow a bit to ensure no moldy issues. Fingers crossed.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Weed mostly grows

Over thinking can make things worse.

Here's a picture of a sickly looking specimen that was chosen to be one of the 4 that i put into flower. (Kinda a trial) I didnt do a thing to help her and just let her fend for herself.
20210410 122909

She was the 2nd best producer of the 4 in flower.

TSD

TSD

Weed mostly grows

Over thinking can make things worse.

Here's a picture of a sickly looking specimen that was chosen to be one of the 4 that i put into flower. (Kinda a trial) I didnt do a thing to help her and just let her fend for herself. View attachment 1184479

She was the 2nd best producer of the 4 in flower.
Over mothering (or fathering lol) them can definitely do more harm than good... I'm sure we've all seen that be the case on this site more than once.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'd agree that's probably the most optimal time.

The other part to it is we want the plants to absorb a foliar feed so I can see a foliar fed first thing in the morning before intense light. But that would be to the undersides or the leaves only.

The reason I say the night for IPM Would be a longer dwell time on the plants which in my mind would be more effective.

And also using oils imo we should be reducing the light intensity when using.

Indoors though we have the high intensity right from the get go and control over humidity

Last edited:
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Yeah I'd agree that's probably the most optimal time.

The other part to it is we want the plants to absorb a foliar feed so I can see a foliar fed first thing in the morning before intense light. But that would be to the undersides or the leaves only.

The reason I say the night for IPM Would be a longer dwell time on the plants which in my mind would be more effective.

And also using oils imo we should be reducing the light intensity when using.

Indoors though we have the high intensity right from the get go and control over humidity
Havent sprayed but 1 time since we talked and it was only undersides. Aqua this b**ch is blowing up lol

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Good shit bro. 1 foliar to get en the nutes... good idea 👍, follow with a tea? Have to shoot me some pics bro
Yessir. I followed up with a slightly new tea. Same kelp blackstrap and worm castings but i added some black kow composted manure and a small amount of bakers yeast. Holy shit the foamy goodness was brewing. Next batch ill take a pic. The LAB worked awesomely and my next foliar in a 2 or 3 days will be 3ml sea water to a gallon and spray just lightly not the whole gallon and I plan to spray an hr or so before lights on as the plant begins to wake up. 😎🦅

Note* Considering adding the seed sprouts and microgreen seedlings and the cannibus FPJ to the next foliar feed, Ill add it in the soil also as a light watering.

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

Just some updated pics. If you see these new pics pls lmk what ya think. 7 days ago there was less than half of those tops. If you include the newest 1inch small tops forming theres about 45 to 50 tops.

20211104 185327
20211104 185257
20211104 185303
20211104 185319
20211104 185415 HDR
20211104 185559
20211104 185233
20211104 185353
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Just some updated pics. If you see these new pics pls lmk what ya think. 7 days ago there was less than half of those tops. If you include the newest 1inch small tops forming theres about 45 to 50 tops.
You gotta watch how you wright your tile question. My dyslexia gets me reading something completely off target. Every time I see that post I see you asking us to do something to your wife in weird spots. Letters get re-arranged in my head when reading quickly and I have to scroll back to re-read read again.....Just tell your wife I'm sorry about those wicked thoughts..😎😳😳

BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

5days after latest update. The stretch is really goin good. New sprouts are growing at an impressive rate. Just watered with a little more than a half gallon of water with some humic acid (compost water) mixed in.

20211109 1705103
20211109 170404
20211109 1708072
20211109 170542 HDR
20211109 170552
20211109 170642 HDR
20211109 1705102
20211109 170516
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

🦅🌲Say hello to my little friend🌲🦅(scarface voice) day 75 in total, Day 4 of flower 😎🦅

She needed a bite to eat. Shes been top dressed and foliar fed. Had all around minor npk issues and wanted more to snack on. Top dressed with 1/4 teaspoon kelp and a FPJ input for nitrogen, top dressed with teaspoon natures pride flower bloom, top dressed with small amount of worm castings and also watered in 1ml terpinator for S.O.P. potash. Next feeding will be on sunday but only a compost tea as she hasnt had one for about 21 to 30 days.

20211126 164550
20211126 164327
20211126 164559
20211126 164358
20211126 164250
20211126 164525
20211126 164304
20211126 164314
20211126 164509

Latest posts

Top Bottom