F2 Breeding Question

• Thread starter fictionsuit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fictionsuit

fictionsuit

When you breed P1 & P2 you make F1, that F1 is like the parents. You inbreed the F1's together you get F2s which show a lot more recessive traits so you get a lot more variance in traits. IF you were to breed that F2 showing recessive traits, would it breed for those traits or would it breed as if it were an F1 with those genes? In other words, if someone made a clone from an F2, and that clone is something everyone wanted, could they breed and backcross and get that strain close or would the fact that the traits that are desired are from recessive genes mean it wont breed for those traits?

v1sual

v1sual

It should be possible. I think it depends on whether both F2 parents carried the recessive traits your looking for.

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

I asked a similar question on here a while back and the answer was a little more complicated then i thought.The question i asked was if there were advantages from moving from an F2 to an F3...That stuffs all new to me so I had to ask. I was told that it takes multiple breeding's (100s of plant's and culling's ) to isolate the traits that you want. To do that requires a large space and plenty of time and more than one generation to achieve. How many i don't know. Basically it will take many years at the rate I'm going to achieve F3 from the F2's that i'm playing with now, growing only a handful of plants each year. I'm sure there someone else on here that could answer that better so I'll be paying attention....Good Luck and Happy Toking

cruzin

cruzin

Ok Ive been asking about breeding also. Here is my thoughts. I bought some regular seeds of master kush. Grew up a batch and let them breed. Had 3 females and liked plant #2 the best, I had males from this f2 grow and collected pollen from them and ALSO I have pollen from the P1. But I dontt know if the seeds I bought were f2 f3 or f1. So where does that take me? Is it a waste of time trying to breed these any further for seeds?. I have a new batch out doors of f1 females but should I breed with the P1 or F1 pollen? But still not knowing if my what I call f1 are actually f1 could be anything when you start with boughten seeds. thanks for any insight you might share

Foutwenty71

Foutwenty71

Ok Ive been asking about breeding also. Here is my thoughts. I bought some regular seeds of master kush. Grew up a batch and let them breed. Had 3 females and liked plant #2 the best, I had males from this f2 grow and collected pollen from them and ALSO I have pollen from the P1. But I dontt know if the seeds I bought were f2 f3 or f1. So where does that take me? Is it a waste of time trying to breed these any further for seeds?. I have a new batch out doors of f1 females but should I breed with the P1 or F1 pollen? But still not knowing if my what I call f1 are actually f1 could be anything when you start with boughten seeds. thanks for any insight you might share
I'm sure there are others on here but i trust Dire wolf for such info...I've been told the guy has some pretty deep knowledge of such things
@dire wolf ....i'll be paying attention myself

Top Bottom