F2 F3?

• Thread starter DieselDuds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Krypto

Krypto

Neither a breeder nor pollen chucker, I'm a humble seed maker, but I dont seem to see a concise answer to the thread...

S1: The first selfed generation.

F1: the first cross between two unrelated parents. The F stands for filial, and refers to the fact that all F1 progeny of the same cross are full brothers and sisters to one another.

F2: the second cross between two of those F1 plants.

View attachment 520584

If you took something to F6, and decided it was finished it would become P1
then using it in a new cross you'd go back to the top of the chart again...

say you took it to F4
then hit one it with one of the original parent plants...
F4Bx1
hit that with its parent again...
F4Bx2

S1 hit with pollen from its parent = S2
Parent hit with S1 pollen = S1BC1 or S1Bx1... I have also seen it written as SB1

even more....
That stuff really needed to be said! I was waiting for someone to talk about the F ones having been a cross of two unrelated strains no one said that on this entire thing and the chart is very helpful thank you.

lino

lino

S1 is term we use, it is better described in terms of zygosity by geneticist.
The video shows Ol skool breeding plant breeding techniques used in ol skool breeding. But now my disciples up their game with MAS and QTL - mapping techniques to quantify the pedigree and punnett charts to speed the production of seed using this new breeding techniques to obtain objectives/traits very quick. Before you breed you might learn to clean your plants of pathogens thru geminations and then use breeding techniques to clean your gene pool. Now you can focus on breeding other traits now that your gene lines are clean.
F1, F2, P1, breeding for traits, MAS and QTL for breeding basic

Krypto

Krypto

Sour Girl half way done! !! Started 11/13 cycle after 3rd set of leaves popped. They've quadrupled x 2 in size. And NO hermos. 6 females. 1 male. . I guess I'll collect and store the pollen. And dust just 1 bud next time.

20170128 093619
Krypto

Krypto

Repot today in 3 gal root pouches. I'll post more pics in a month.

Krypto

Krypto

Anywhoooo. . .
I was recently visiting an old friend over the weekend, it was nice to catch up qnd so on...
He gave me a peek at HIS set up. I was impressed to say the least. Without going into too much detail he is "killing it!!!" LED+HYDRO+GENETICS. Not 1 OG or COOKIES. Just old sckool kick ass herb. 5 strains. The Genetics are different varieties of Afgani,Skunk,Haze, & Blueberry. I asked him "where's the KUSH?" meaning OG, he said " I don't grow that SHIT" lol. I laughed but, have been thinking about it for 2 days.
So I'm thinking about putting together 6. NO OGs or COOKIES..
is the OG gene pool that FU$KED!?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

F2, f3 f4, is how long the breeder brought his plant to, I'm growing red dwarfs by Buddha, these seeds have only been brought to f2, I planted has genetic deformities and multi colored leaves the plant is a female but will not auto flower, the other plant is a bit bigger, in perfect health, but is a female but still won't flower so I will have to cut my light cycle to 12/12 and hope, that's f2 the breeder did not bring did not bring the plant far enough along to be stable, an f3 or BEHOND that should be much more stable, so if your going to grow an f2 plant you need to expect trouble but if you want the strain bad enough you go thru it, an f3 should be much more stable, much less deformities, fast even growth, by day 30 you should see flower if growing autos, the only difference between an f2 and an f3 is the f3 should be much more stable and give less problems.

fictionsuit

fictionsuit

F2, f3 f4, is how long the breeder brought his plant to, I'm growing red dwarfs by Buddha, these seeds have only been brought to f2, I planted has genetic deformities and multi colored leaves the plant is a female but will not auto flower, the other plant is a bit bigger, in perfect health, but is a female but still won't flower so I will have to cut my light cycle to 12/12 and hope, that's f2 the breeder did not bring did not bring the plant far enough along to be stable, an f3 or BEHOND that should be much more stable, so if your going to grow an f2 plant you need to expect trouble but if you want the strain bad enough you go thru it, an f3 should be much more stable, much less deformities, fast even growth, by day 30 you should see flower if growing autos, the only difference between an f2 and an f3 is the f3 should be much more stable and give less problems.
I'm no expert but:

With F1's you'll get 3 types of plants, one mostly like the father, one mostly like the mother, or one in the middle of them.

With F2's you get a lot more variety. You get their recessive genes to come play into the mix and you wind up with things like one parent, things like another, things like the middle, and more often things that are random expressions from their dominant and recessive genes. You can have 16 different kinds of plants if i'm not mistaken.

With F3's you are stable again, it holds the traits of the father and mother only which results in stable offspring that are all alike.

With F4's they are even more alike

F5's etc etc but as you go up the chain it loses Hybrid Vigor and winds up a weaker less yielding plant. ALthought it has the traits down to a T it requries a lot more babying as a grower.

Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, I haven't grown cannabis since 2012.

Dino70

Dino70

I also seen an s1 or s2. That any different?
S1 are feminized seeds no males where used
S=selfed; i.e. chemically treated to mutate, to cause sexual organs of the opposite sex to appear and results from those are used. Typically it's a female that is 'selfed', that is to say chemically treated so as to cause viable male organs and pollen to be generated. By that pollen the original female is bred. The numbers denote generations.

I am likely not using the proper terminology, the above explanation is my take on what I've read on the subject.
All female canabis plant will hermy it's in there genetic make up period under the right conditions a female will go to seed no matter what if someone tells you that they bought seeds from a breeder they are the shithead for making the there crop go to seed and maybe have there girlfriend or boyfriend look after the grow and go back to The XBox

Dino70

Dino70

As painful as it is, these offspring technically are F1. Filial Generation 1.

The whole polyhybrid F1 thing is more like saying you are going out for a nice beef dinner, and going to McDonalds for a hamburger. Yeah you are eating beef, but it's forsure not a filet mignon.
Ok to get a F1 of a strain to start with say had ten regs seed and had 5 males 5 females and saved pollen from each male and cloned out each female and put the first run into flower 2 of the females had very similar traits and 2 other females had similar traits and one stood out. Now you have 6 clones of each female so you went threw the males and tryed your best to match up the females so you pollenated five your clones leaving a mother to each female now are the offspring f1s or do you have to breed them 1 more run also in the offspring you noticed something unique so you decide to back breed 4 females to the p1 father are those offsprings then f2s and so on this is with 1 strain by doing this could this make the strain more stable
Thanks any info.

Dino70

Dino70

can you spray one branch to get pollen to dose the other branches of same plant?
If you selfie it don't use it on same plant can on clones when you spray a plant it mess up the genes of the plant and you would have seeds with high chance of hermy and the buds you spray don't smoke them just disposal of it

Latest posts

Top Bottom