Faa Warns Of Gps Outages This Month During Mysterious Tests On The West Coast

• Thread starter SpiderK
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

one has to ask why are they doing this ??? i watched a documentary about ocean life beaching them selfs was shocked at what caused this anyone want to guess the cause ? and why were seeing more n more beaching then ever before ??
whales have always beached themselves. [citation needed]
-or-
it's the military doing top secret testing with acoustic sonar and they are forcing mass suicide beachings because the sonar is making the whales go right not left.

Kind of like how edibles cause hallucinations and psychotic suicidal and homicidal tendencies.

Am I close?

I watched a documentary on a guy with two assholes. I'm pretty sure that's relevant too.

Purpletrain

Purpletrain

Well your sorta right Whales, Dophins rely on sonar with the oceans scattered with man made noises etc Navy sonar to cargo ships propellers creating unbelievable sounds
If we walk into a place where loud music is playing we can immediately turn around and leave ,, in the oceans whales dolphins seals have no place to go
Were aware sound travels much faster in water
but most of the beaching is man made with the amount of cargo ship traffic which has increased do you consumer demands to give you a idea the maritime shipping has increased 400 percent meaning there are on average 50420 cargo ships sailing the oceans on any given day
and most of the beaching of marine wild life are in the same area as the shipping lanes if we look up to northern latitudes there is no beaching , if we look at deep south latitude there is no beaching, and ones that are coincide with navy excercises

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Guess I'll hop in the fray here. @LocalGrowGuy You seem to be ok with fracking so far at this point and thats ok if you really believe there is no harm to the enviro using this very questionable method. I personally think it is flawed science and why are oil companies not required to divulge the many toxic chemicals they use for the process. And all the while don't have any accountability to anyone under the proprietary BS clause they use. Little side note, Halliburton is one of the largest frackers, guess who helped pass a bill that doesnt require oil co's to disclose the chemicals they use? You got it Dick Cheney. Who by the way is either still with or was with Halliburton at one time.

So with that said, are you also ok with the use of fracking water after it's on its way to be disposed of and rather than throwing it away, it is used it to irrigate the crops we all purchase and eat from Calif? Keep in mind before you answer, no studies or any type have been performed to assure that this is a safe practice.

Since you were asking for links on another topic I included this for your review and comment. Look forward to your rebuttal or input/position on my question.

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=19080

Last edited:
keiksweat

keiksweat

I ain't trying to piss you off ,I'm not trying to argue about anything you or anyone has said.I ain't said anything about al gore being a case study.i said first time I ever saw anything about fracking probs was on current tv,wich he owend is all.dont know why it seems I've offended you lad .i just look at both sides of a picture and decided wich one is real,to me.just my point of view.if you look on the web you'll find tons of stuff on the matter.its up to you how you feel about the subject.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I ain't trying to piss you off ,I'm not trying to argue about anything you or anyone has said.I ain't said anything about al gore being a case study.i said first time I ever saw anything about fracking probs was on current tv,wich he owend is all.dont know why it seems I've offended you lad .i just look at both sides of a picture and decided wich one is real,to me.just my point of view.if you look on the web you'll find tons of stuff on the matter.its up to you how you feel about the subject.
Dont sweat it bro.......... @LocalGrowGuy gets his undies wadded up sometimes, but dont we all. LOL

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Truth be known, I also believe fracking is a very bad move........ It just isnt getting the close look that it should be. People are just beginning to see that it is dangerous, flawed science..... IMHO

keiksweat

keiksweat

Wish people would ,open there eyes.hate to think of the legacy were leaving our kids. keiks..

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

View attachment 606232

Starting today, it appears the US military will be testing a device or devices that will potentially jam GPS signals for six hours each day. We say “appears” because officially the tests were announced by the FAA but are centered near the US Navy’s largest installation in the Mojave Desert. And the Navy won’t tell us much about what’s going on.

The FAA issued an advisory warning pilots on Saturday that global positioning systems (GPS) could be unreliable during six different days this month, primarily in the Southwestern United States. On June 7, 9, 21, 23, 28, and 30th the GPS interference testing will be taking place between 9:30am and 3:30pm Pacific time. But if you’re on the ground, you probably won’t notice interference.

The testing will be centered on China Lake, California—home to the Navy’s 1.1 million acre Naval Air Weapons Center in the Mojave Desert. The potentially lost signals will stretch hundreds of miles in each direction and will affect various types of GPS, reaching the furthest at higher altitudes. But the jamming will only affect aircraft above 50 feet. As you can see from the FAA map below, the jamming will almost reach the California-Oregon border at 4o,000 feet above sea level and 505 nautical miles at its greatest range.

http://gizmodo.com/faa-warns-of-gps-outages-this-month-during-mysterious-t-1780866590

The FAA warning was reported incorrectly by the media. There is no affect at 50'. I think it was just an error rather then intentional but the lowest altitude that will be effected is flight level 50 or 5000' so most places wont be effected at ground level.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I was just notified that this isn't going to happen.
frackin scare's the shit out of me pal.once the water is gone,were gone too.even without the water accidently getting polluted,there draining thousands of gallons of water from streams,rivers or were ever they find it.then the waste poisonous water is pumped deep underground to dump it....fuck that shit..and now the UK government have give em the thumbs up to start it over here.sorry to ramble on,but I hate those mofo planet raping bastards.
Oh, but that's not all that's wrong with fracking. It turns out that fracking releases HUGE amounts of methane, which is several times more effective at greenhousing the planet than CO2.
its methane gas escaping through the shale and getting into the water table.
It's methane getting into the atmosphere.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-bad-of-a-greenhouse-gas-is-methane/

How'd we go from GPS outage to fracking to whales?

SpiderK

SpiderK

they also have issues discarding of the radiation that builds up in the socks during fracking.

the sad thing is ( just like fukushima ) the sitting politicians will change laws that raise the level of " acceptable radiation " so no warnings / alerts needed. but with fracking, the laws are changed so they can dump the waste in landfills etc .... **( shocking, corrupt politicians in every city, township, across america that soon leave office and leave a mess behind happens over and over and over again just look at the run away train of liabilities each and every township is saddled with. everyone loves spending tax dollars they just can't fund their addictions regarding spending. it's always the next generations problem ....)

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

keiksweat, you aren't upsetting me, I am just asking you to clarify what you are saying. I'm not looking for an argument I disagree with what you posted and I'm asking you to explain your position. That's it, no hard feelings. I think there are better places to find information that youtube videos and 'the internet'. I agree people will form their own opinions, but I don't think current tv is the place to get your learn on. To each his own.

Guess I'll hop in the fray here. @LocalGrowGuy You seem to be ok with fracking so far at this point and thats ok if you really believe there is no harm to the enviro using this very questionable method. I personally think it is flawed science and why are oil companies not required to divulge the many toxic chemicals they use for the process. And all the while don't have any accountability to anyone under the proprietary BS clause they use. Little side note, Halliburton is one of the largest frackers, guess who helped pass a bill that doesnt require oil co's to disclose the chemicals they use? You got it Dick Cheney. Who by the way is either still with or was with Halliburton at one time.

So with that said, are you also ok with the use of fracking water after it's on its way to be disposed of and rather than throwing it away, it is used it to irrigate the crops we all purchase and eat from Calif? Keep in mind before you answer, no studies or any type have been performed to assure that this is a safe practice.

Since you were asking for links on another topic I included this for your review and comment. Look forward to your rebuttal or input/position on my question.

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/1881/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=19080
Of course. Hopefully the thread doesn't get clogged with BS.

I would like to add that I do not want this to turn into a D/R debate. I don't think this is the right thread for that, and I find it troubling that issues like these are so politically motivated.

I don't have a dog in that specific fight (fracking), I generally support weaning our country off of fossil fuels, but I'm not 'drill baby drill'. I do not think renewable energy will ever provide enough power to make it a feasible option as a replacement. Wind farms are inefficient at storing and transferring energy, solar energy is dependent on sunlight, etc. The cost right now prevents wide implementation, and the problems of those sources of energy haven't been addressed that I have seen. Personally, I'm torn because communities that depend on other types of oil, shale etc can only operate when the price of energy is higher, and then we see job loss when the price of a barrel of oil goes down.

I do not believe we have enough information about fracking to know all of the benefits and costs, but I do recognize that solar and wind energy would lower or prevent disasters like exxon or deep water horizon and the like. However, the danger of polluting our environment is also present if fracking wasn't happening. I don't have an opinion either way about whether fracking causes earthquakes or natural disasters as this shit has happened before. I don't think anyone has enough info to know either way. We'll get there but we aren't there yet. I am not saying there is no harm, I'm saying we don't know, and I hesitate to join the bandwagon. I think humans have an effect on our environment, but I am not convinced that global warming is man made. Again, I don't think we have enough information to know either way. People have likely put their eggs in one basket and I don't think that there is middle ground to be had. I think there are solid arguments for and against renewable energy and fracking. I would agree that fracking, right now, has a higher chance of pollution than renewable sources, but I absolutely do not believe we can switch completely. Coal is too cheap, china and india don't give a fudge about it. I am also selfish and I don't want to pay five bucks for a gallon of gas. I generally support not giving our money to OPEC.

I think the science is flawed from all sides. I believe that the studies reflect who is paying for them more than the substance they contain. We simply don't know, but blind criticism rings hollow, for me. Of course people will form their own thoughts, and I don't expect anyone to think the way I do or to get their head that far up their ass if they disagree and think I am a fool. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I do enjoy when people can back up their opinions with verifiable information and not putting your fingers in your ears screaming la la la. I see blind criticism or a ridiculous claim and I'll question it, regardless of how I feel on the issue. Just to clarify, I believe you are referring to flowback, when the gas/fluid mix is pumped back to the surface. I would agree that there is a higher potential for the release of dangerous chemicals at this stage of the process, but I do not see how it is any different than mine waste, which I believe is a much bigger concern and it already affects many bodies of water. Our technology requires gold and silver ore, and mining is not going away anytime soon, and neither are the issues that come along with it. We can't have our cake and eat it too. You can have Halliburton but you have to concede Solyndra. There is plenty of blame to go around, lots of greased pockets and looks the other way. I'm curious, where do you propose they put this wastewater? Where do they 'dispose' of it? Right now they inject it back into the ground which is where the earthquake argument and the potential for groundwater contamination comes around. Do they store it in barrels underground, shoot it into space :)? I don't believe I've seen anything credible solution-wise either way. What happens to California's economy if they weren't able to use oil wastewater for half of their needs?
-"In 2014, oil companies such as Chevron provided half the water that went to the 45,000 acres of farmland in Kern County's Cawelo Water District" Where would this water come from otherwise? What happens if those 45,000 acres get zero water? Is there a solution to this problem if fracking stops? Are you okay with paying double for your gas or grocery if there was no more fracking and half the food? I'm not saying I know how much energy will cost, but I don't think you can claim that costs would go down for fossil fuels if fracking wasn't in the production picture. You do know there are different limits for toxins for irrigation water versus drinking water, right?

When you posted "So with that said, are you also ok with the use of fracking water after it's on its way to be disposed of and rather than throwing it away, it is used it to irrigate the crops we all purchase and eat from Calif? Keep in mind before you answer, no studies or any type have been performed to assure that this is a safe practice." The fluid pumped out of the well, what you are calling 'fracking water' is flowback, and that contains many contaminants including radioactive ones. I am not aware that this fluid is used to irrigate crops before it is treated, and I don't believe that's the case. Flowback can be treated and then used. Are you saying that the fluid you are describing is still radioactive? Are you saying that the fluid can't be treated? What are you saying hasn't been proven safe? I do not believe that flowback is used as irrigation prior to it being treated. I find it ridiculous to even consider the possibility of a company in the US knowingly using radioactive waste as irrigation for food crops. That's kind of a big accusation isn't it?

[[-Marcia Bjornerud, a structural geologist at Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin, told Live Science. "Flowback water can be treated, but there are large volumes of it and so dealing with it is expensive, and beyond what many small-town water treatment plants can handle." ]]

As far as Cheney and Halliburton, there is a lot there that doesn't pass the smell test. I believe there are always issues with no-bid contracts, and depending on what you believe, Halliburton got those jobs because of Cheney or Halliburton was awarded the no bid contract because they won the overall contract. This is contract law and I don't know enough to take a position either way. I find faults and good points with both sides. I find it pertinent to note that I don't think Halliburton is a bad company, but we are discussing the political aspects of that cluster. They do deserve credit for fighting all of the oil well fires that were set during the first gulf war and subsequently.
-In November 2002, KBR was tasked to plan oil well firefighting in Iraq, and in February 2003 was issued a contract to conduct the work. Critics contend that it was a no-bid contract, awarded due to Dick Cheney's position as vice president. Concern was also expressed that the contract could allow KBR to pump and distribute Iraqi oil.[27] Others contend, however, that this was not strictly a no-bid contract, and was invoked under a contract that KBR won "in a competitive bid process."[28] The contract, referred to as LOGCAP, is a contingency-based contract that is invoked at the convenience of the Army. Because the contract is essentially a retainer, specific orders are not competitively bid (as the overall contract was).[wiki]

Without getting specific, I think there is plenty of 'flawed science' but more that we simply don't know. I think man-made global warming is full of flawed science as well, but I also still think we just don't know. I'm all for finding answers to those questions, but I don't think there should be knee-jerk reactions. I am not trying to change anyone's mind either.

Your info on Dick is out of date, he left Halliburton in 2000, but you absolutely have valid criticism of the payout of stock options he received. I would also note that this was the time of the huge salaries for CEO's of large corporations, and it's unfair to put the label only on Halliburton. There are many instances of CEO's taking huge payouts when they leave. The first one to come to my mind is Quest's Joe Nacchio. Another would be the old CEO of United Healthcare.

Finally, addressing your link.
"toxic oil wastewater to that list, because that’s what is being used to irrigate California crops.

Big Oil has taken advantage of California farmers’ desperate need for water and is selling them oil wastewater—the water that’s been used in fracking and other oil operations—at a cheap rate for irrigation. Hundreds of chemicals are used in oil operations, and some of these chemicals are known to cause cancer, kidney failure, and liver damage2—and they [[[could be in the oil wastewater]]] that is being used on our fruits and vegetables.

How is that possible? No comprehensive and independent testing has been undertaken to ensure that our food and health is protected from the chemicals used in oil operations. And no action has been taken to protect the farmworkers who are potentially exposed to these toxins daily.

Now, as California braces for another hot, dry summer, plans are underway to expand the use of toxic oil wastewater for crop irrigation in the state."

First, what happens in California doesn't always happen elsewhere, I'm sure you know how strict they are with emissions, warnings on cigs, etc. Your own link says 'could be'. My aunt 'could be' my uncle, but she doesn't have a penis, so it will never happen. I know this is a ridiculous example and I'm using it for that reason.

I take issue with the statement that 'no comprehensive and independent testing has been undertaken'. The water is treated at a wastewater plant, and then moved on down the line. The article seems to infer that the water is not treated at all, which isn't accurate. If you are saying that water treatment plants can't get out all of the nasties, that's another subject, which is what are safe levels of toxins in our water. In my view this has nothing to do with fracking or the waste it produces. The article you link fails to even address or mention the fact that wastewater is treated before being used, which I find troubling.

What action exactly do you think needs to be taken to 'protect the farm workers'? I think the presence of oil toxins in our irrigation water is veering a bit off subject. For the record, with most of my family working agriculture all over Nebraska, I have never heard of what your link states. Although it does say there are still contaminants in the water, they are at safe levels. What you consider safe and what others consider safe is open to interpretation, and I would counter that there is just as much danger with flushing our prescription drugs down the toilet or using grey water to irrigate. I just don't think there is any connection between treated oil wastewater and farmers getting sick. If you think the levels deemed 'safe' are still to high, what is your solution? What is a safe level for you?

The motherjones article is cited as a source in the linked story you posted.
-"Under a 20-year-old water recycling program, wastewater that is generated as a byproduct from oil extraction is treated and sold to some 90 Southern California landowners—including one with certified organic operations—which use it to grow crops such as citrus, almonds, apples, peaches, grapes, and blueberries sold in major grocery chains around the country.

As California's epic drought wears on, Southern California farms are using an increasing amount of oil wastewater. In 2014, oil companies such as Chevron provided half the water that went to the 45,000 acres of farmland in Kern County's Cawelo Water District, up from about 35 percent before the start of the drought in 2011. And California Resources Corp., the state's largest oil company, recently announced plans to quadruple the amount of water it sells to farmers."

20 years in, and I have not seen or heard of any farmer getting sick from using treated fracking fluid, and if that was a thing, I believe California would be the first state to make that announcement and subsequent fallout. I am not aware of any farmer complaining about contaminated wastewater like your article implies. Getting an organic certification is no small deal, and I don't believe that would happen if the irrigation water was contaminated.

Aren't you glad you asked?
http://www.energy.gov/
http://www.livescience.com/34464-what-is-fracking.html

-LGG

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

they also have issues discarding of the radiation that builds up in the socks during fracking.

the sad thing is ( just like fukushima ) the sitting politicians will change laws that raise the level of " acceptable radiation " so no warnings / alerts needed. but with fracking, the laws are changed so they can dump the waste in landfills etc .... **( shocking, corrupt politicians in every city, township, across america that soon leave office and leave a mess behind happens over and over and over again just look at the run away train of liabilities each and every township is saddled with. everyone loves spending tax dollars they just can't fund their addictions regarding spending. it's always the next generations problem ....)
"but with fracking, the laws are changed so they can dump the waste in landfills etc"
What laws, plural, have been changed to allow dumping this waste into a landfill? Do you have anything to back up what you are claiming? You are grasping at straws, and it's frustrating because I agree with you for the most part.

You have an awful lot of accusations but nothing backing them up other than because you say so. What sitting politicians are you referring to?

SpiderK

SpiderK

if you search the fukushima thread on this site i data dumped lots of great information regarding radiation and corrupt .gov changing laws.... ( upping radiation standards AFTER fukushima so no alerts needed. )

the amount of radiation isotopes in the rain water falling in cali / usa would be considered at hazmat levels in cali after every rain. but now after changing laws, no alerts needed. and these old radiation standards went from 1950-2011 until fukushima triple meltdown.

every single state has done the same with radiation and fracking. a simple google search will confirm this ...

SpiderK

SpiderK

( corrupt scum found below indeed )

New Journal Article: Fukushima may have already released 90 quadrillion becquerels of cesium-137 — Much more than Chernobyl’s 70 quadrillion becquerels .

Watchdog: Inexplicable that EPA shut down Fukushima radiation monitoring after finding high levels of radiation in drinking water

Gov’t Test: Cattle feed at California dairy farm had 300 pCi/kg of radioactive cesium after Fukushima; 9-month gap between when sample harvested and when received by lab — New UC Berkeley study reveals over 3,500 pCi/kg of cesium deposited on nearby roadside

SpiderK

SpiderK

Hillary Clinton signed a pact with her counterpart in Japan agreeing that the U.S. will continue buying seafood from Japan, despite that food not being tested for radioactive materials.

The Journal Environmental Science and Technology reports in a new study that the Fukushima radiation plume contacted North America at California “with greatest exposure in central and southern California”, and that Southern California’s seaweed tested over 500% higher for radioactive iodine-131 than anywhere else in the U.S. and Canada:In addition, radioactive debris is starting to wash up on the Pacific Coast. And because the Japanese are burning radioactive materials instead of disposing of them, radioactive rain-outs will continue for some time … even on the Pacific Coast. Governments Worldwide Raise Acceptable Radiation Levels Based Upon Politics … Not Science.Instead of Protecting People, Governments Cover Up by Raising “Safe” Radiation Levels. Instead of doing much to try to protect their citizens from Fukushima, Japan, theU.S. and the EUall just raised the radiation levels they deem “safe”. Nuclear expert Arnie Gundersen says that high-level friends in the State Department told him that Hillary Clinton signed a pact with her counterpart in Japan agreeing that the U.S. will continue buying seafood from Japan, despite that food not being tested for radioactive materials. American and Canadian authorities have virtually stopped monitoring airborne radiation, and are not testing fish for radiation. (Indeed, the EPA reacted to Fukushima by raising “acceptable” radiation levels.)

http://seniorcitizenspublicsquare.c...d-not-being-tested-for-radioactive-materials/

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

and let a doctor ( in 9 minutes ) explain why radiation is so brutal for humanity. ( the media is lying when they say it's " safe " )

Born in Melbourne, Australia in 1938, Dr Caldicott received her medical degree from the University of Adelaide Medical School in 1961. She founded the Cystic Fibrosis Clinic at the Adelaide Children’s Hospital in 1975 and subsequently was an instructor in pediatrics at Harvard Medical School and on the staff of the Children’s Hospital Medical Center, Boston, Mass., until 1980 when she resigned to work full time on the prevention of nuclear war. In 1971, Dr Caldicott played a major role in Australia’s opposition to French atmospheric nuclear testing in the Pacific; in 1975 she worked with the Australian trade unions to educate their members about the medical dangers of the nuclear fuel cycle, with particular reference to uranium mining.

xavier7995

xavier7995

That dr. Has been pretty widely discredited, much like the Dr that had all that groundbreaking research about vaccines and autism...that he lost his license over because he just made stuff up and pushing his pseudoscience actually did and does harm society as a whole.

Just because someone is on your side doesn't mean they get a free pass to spew bullshit. Looking at you Mikey Moore.

SpiderK

SpiderK

you can follow the links regarding ene news regarding information. 95% of news ene news reports came from other sources. they provide links with each story .... so your saying the news papers within Japan are lying ?

and @xavier7995

one simple question. if radiation was not so bad for humanity why did e.p.a change allowable limits after fukushima within the u.s.a . ( this is a fact that can't be disputed ) & why did the u.s. government shut down all the nuclear monitoring stations ( along west coast ) the day after fukushima ???? and why is childrens thyroid issues skyrocketing in Japan thousands of percent. ?

only a fool would say this was a coincidence.

SpiderK

SpiderK

see, the nuclear industry is indeed a multi-billion / trillion dollar industry. if you do not think they " discredit " sources that expose fraud in the industry or start sites claiming this person or that person is crazy or wrong etc .....

it's kinda like democrats ignoring hillary taking millions and millions of dollars from governments that sponsor terrorism with brutal human rites records regarding women and gays. these facts are known by all, yet, they keep the head in the sand regarding the truth ....... you can drink the cool-aid one way or the other and believe whatever confirms your own bias.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom