Fade week 6 normal, underfed or other issue??

• Thread starter Raisin8420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Raisin8420

Raisin8420

Hello farmers help a novice out, I have this plant that is lightening up on the upper leaves, its midweek in week 6, (unfortunately sure of the genetics and flowering time) I have 3 others of the same and they are still a decent bit green,
Those 3 are under 600hps and on the other end of the room the fader is under a 240 kingbrite panel, all in soil 14l pots, been feeding on the plagron schedule with about 80% dose, last feeding @ 900 ppm oh 6 with plagron bloom feed with atami bloombastic too.
So it's nothing to worry about just a bit ahead of the others? Should I just continue with the feed schedule or is she wanting more ppm? Or possibly another issue? Not much cloudy trichs or orange hairs yet either. Thanks for looking
Peace.
Fade week 6 normal underfed or other issue

Fade week 6 normal underfed or other issue 2

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

I'd be backing off the food a little bit right about now. 900 is high for nearing the end. Are you using the 500 scale on your ppm meter? What is the ppm of your runoff?
Thanks for the reply...Iv just been following the schedule below and keeping an eye on the ppm, should have said my water is 145ppm to start, iv just been reading off the meter what it pops up.. but mostly staying to the schedule. Never heard about different scales til now! How do I know which one to use or have I been accidentally using the right one?? Last runoff I checked 4 of them and the min was 1000 max 1250 this particular plant was at 1050ppm,
Terra grow schedule us page 0001

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

True, like dirtbag says, if anything u should be backing off. Or feed another week then flush 2
Yea iv been trying to balance the whole feeding thing, I had issues with the transition from veg to flower last time getting fade early i think cos before I was just cutting the veg nute out, this time I kept em goin for two weeks dropping 1/4 dose each feed, seemed to do the job, Still learning as I go so sometimesi might aswell be looking in a ditch haha

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Yea iv been trying to balance the whole feeding thing, I had issues with the transition from veg to flower last time getting fade early i think cos before I was just cutting the veg nute out, this time I kept em goin for two weeks dropping 1/4 dose each feed, seemed to do the job, Still learning as I go so sometimesi might aswell be looking in a ditch haha
Personaly i dont like backing off nutes too soon think you should feed another week before flushing now is the period of the biggest weight gain they going to make so nice if they have evrything they need to pack on that density. Maybe go down to 700-800 if you see any tip burns

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Thanks for the reply...Iv just been following the schedule below and keeping an eye on the ppm, should have said my water is 145ppm to start, iv just been reading off the meter what it pops up.. but mostly staying to the schedule. Never heard about different scales til now! How do I know which one to use or have I been accidentally using the right one?? Last runoff I checked 4 of them and the min was 1000 max 1250 this particular plant was at 1050ppm, View attachment 928060

That's great starting water. And the plants look fantastic to me. I just checked out the nutes and that looks like excellent stuff.

I'm just thinking you've got about 2 weeks or so left and in soil that's about when I like to start tapering nutrients back. Personally, I'd start feeding around 750, then 500-600, then <500 for the last week of feeding , switching to straight water for the last 5-7 days or so.

Also what I would do, is transition back to the veg nutes for the last few feedings, or at least 50/50 to try and reduce the P content of your nutrient solution while keeping a little N and a good dose of K. You dont want to feed much P in the last 2 weeks. A little N wont hurt, K is what its using the most of right now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I agree with everyone here. Especially @Dirtbag with cutting the p out as much as possible and @chemistry on the to much bloom (likely high P).

I think @Dirtbag is bang on what I would do. Reduce the overall feed strength and use 50/50 grow bloom to lower P and bump up N a bit while still keeping a good amount of K. But like what was said it's important to lower the feed when changed ng back to grow/bloom nutes. In fact I would personally stay with grow 2 weeks into flower then just switch to 50/50 with a more moderate ppm for the rest of bloom. Dropping ppm the last couple weeks and making sure good run off to ensure the soil follows suit.

Those plants look well cared for and not over fed. If they finish strong and you get the P down with a proper dry and cure you will be very happy with the results.

Just my opinion although I'm a hydro grower.

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

@Dirtbag @chemistry @Aqua Man ahhh that's the stuff I knew I was missing something with my feed... this is only like my 4th grow the last two faded waaay out early, and even went up to bud on some. Still figuring out deficiency causes and cures.. I was gonna just up the bloom so I'm glad I didn't.
So i think my plan of action will be 50/50 the feed @ 50% dose and see how they go then start backing off next week. I should also stop bloom booster now too yea? Thanks for your time there people.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Dirtbag @chemistry @Aqua Man ahhh that's the stuff I knew I was missing something with my feed... this is only like my 4th grow the last two faded waaay out early, and even went up to bud on some. Still figuring out deficiency causes and cures.. I was gonna just up the bloom so I'm glad I didn't.
So i think my plan of action will be 50/50 the feed @ 50% dose and see how they go then start backing off next week. I should also stop bloom booster now too yea? Thanks for your time there people.
I would drop the bloom boosters

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

It seems so obvious once you figure it out. Cutting back on N and increasing P... all of a sudden the plants start fading and by mid flower you got yellow leaves. Doesnt seem right because it's not. Pot needs nitrogen in flower, in close to the same ratio it uses in Veg. Only difference for me going from veg to bloom is slightly reduce N by week 3 of flower and increase potassium. Too much Phosphorus is actually toxic to plants and can lock out Calcium which is essential for N uptake, it's like a double whammy dropping N and jacking up P.. So for me P stays around 50ppm throughout the whole grow. And I never use boosters.

Here is an interesting conversation with the owner of Dyna gro that might give you a different perspective considering phosphorus.

Last edited:
Raisin8420

Raisin8420

It seems so obvious once you figure it out. Cutting back on N and increasing P... all of a sudden the plants start fading and by mid flower you got yellow leaves. Doesnt seem right because it's not. Pot needs nitrogen in flower, in close to the same ratio it uses in Veg. Only difference for me going from veg to bloom is slightly reduce N by week 3 of flower and increase potassium. Too much Phosphorus is actually toxic to plants and can lock out Calcium which is essential for N uptake, it's like a double whammy dropping N and jacking up P.. So for me P stays around 50ppm throughout the whole grow. And I never use boosters.

Here is an interesting conversation with the owner of Dyna gro that might give you a different perspective considering phosphorus.

Nice one, great info there, translating from the internet to practical in the grow when there is an issue is tough when I dont wanna fuck em worse than i had already ha. I guess it comes with experience and trial and error, il truck along they kinda ran rings around me the last time they faded early, was pissing against the wind trying to bring em back.
Il give that a listen later when I'm feeding the ladies
Thanks for your input it's much appreciated

Raisin8420

Raisin8420

Heres how the others compare best I can get under hps light but you can still see the shade difference, along the back is the same strain as the op pic then two tropical punch x sour punch are fading the same, gonna 50 50 the faders n just water the rest this time.
20200108 234711

Top Bottom