Fader's sex dungeon

• Thread starter Darth Fader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Your plants look so healthy. What scale is your meter? .5 or .7?

Happy New YEar!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

I love your. style grow, Great thread. +Rep
i think I may switch it up to bucket wick

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Your plants look so healthy. What scale is your meter? .5 or .7?

Happy New YEar!

Happy New Year bro!:party0045:

Thx man. I do have some f'd up leaves that I pulled off of at least one plant. I'll post up pics tomorrow so you can see.

1.2 -1.4 ec / 600-750 ppm is what the PPK guys run at. Right now I add 1.5 tsp Jacks, 30-40 ppm epsom, & 1.5 tsp CalNit to 3 gal of ro and then dilute w/ up to 1/2 gal ro water down to 750 ppm. I'm using this pen. Pretty sure it's a .5.

Yeah they're getting their swell on too. Wait till you see tomorrows pics. The calyxes are getting so fat on Wifi#2 - just beautiful...

I love your. style grow, Great thread. +Rep
i think I may switch it up to bucket wick

Thx Chronic Monster! Yeah, it's an easy set-up. Growing for Dummies, especially good for lazy growers. LOL

Simple & effective is pretty appealing to me, but I mostly wanted to minimize any chance of failure, so when I was researching, reading grow journals before I started my first grow about 2 yrs ago, I decided on coco & looked at hempys and earth boxes, and then found the PPK thread when D9 just began to just began, which sort of brought the two together. It's a good read, full of great ideas and analysis, but eventually became a bit dogmatic.

----------------------------------------------------

Day 63 Update
Switched back to MH bulb last night & began ro + 5ml FloraKleen. Still have a couple days worth of nutes but I plan on pulling between 70 & 77 days depending on the trichs. Just saw the first couple ambers so that should be about right.

I had to pull a low bud early & give it a quick dry and a puff ... Holy I$h SuperDank! Home Run OGR. I can definitely say that this is some of the best weed I've ever had. I think when I tasted it the flavor was so good that I said to myself - "This is everything I could ever hope for." That's it, I need to pull a branch..

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

serious pRon

Well, thru this journal I tried to be very judicious in photo selection; to just show a few for each week of bloom so that people could easily see the progression. I am breaking that MO right now.

No traditional flush, but I did drain out the remaining nutes and am just watering w/ straight ro water after 1 day of FloraKleen. I will take these girls between 70 & 77 days, whenever the trichs look right, so 1-2 wks of water only until harvey. The tester bud I took from #2 was so phenomenal tasting that I had to pull some more just to verify it was as good as I thought. That was just WiFi #2 btw. I pulled from all 4 plants for testers. On one hand, I'd like to re-run the Larry because - good, bad, & ugly truth - I failed grow those to their potential. On the other hand, I'm just not into lemons as much as I am a more a piney-funky OG. We'll see.

I'll try to note the phenos in the pics where I can. I think both Wifi phenos are predominantly Fire OG leaning, with the #2 having a bit more White coming thru. I think #2 will be the keeper. It's a slightly shorter plant with closer node spacing and while the (perfectly OG shaped) buds are a bit smaller/shorter, they're denser than the #1 buds and appear to have maybe a bit more resin than the #1. They also smell a bit stronger, with more of that dank pinesol/cleaner OG thang. And the flavor is unreal. We'll see if #1 can hang when we take the Pepsi challenge.:bong2:

Day 64 pics

Let's kick this off w/ my favorite shot. Sry not sure which pheno this is, could honestly be either.
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_20.jpg

Wifi #1
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_02.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_03.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_04.jpg

Wifi #1 leaves - #1 has had quite a few like this the last couple weeks. Not sure if this is a P def or a late CalMag issue. Anyone know what this is?
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_05.jpg

Wifi #2
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_15.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_09.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_17.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_06.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_07.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_08.jpg

Larry OG S1
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_14.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_12.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_11.jpg

Some lower buds - 2 WiFi, 1 Larry - sry not sure from which
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_19.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_18.jpg
WiFi_Larry_-_Day_64_-_13.jpg

dankworth

dankworth

My first guess would be cal. For me the consequence of being off on ph always seems to be a cal deficiency. Or underfeeding.

Great pictures. Great weed.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

My first guess would be cal. For me the consequence of being off on ph always seems to be a cal deficiency. Or underfeeding.

Great pictures. Great weed.

Thank you Senor Dankworth, :rauch08:

This cracked me up - and I think it's against the TOU to post someone's pm publicly, but technically it wasn't a pm, but a +rep comment ... "I approve of Darth Fader's new weed." - Dankworth

LMFAO!!!!!! :D:rofl:icon_spin::rofl:D

Funny you should mention Ca b/c I've noted for the longest time it seems that the default answer to nearly every cannabis infirmary issue, esp in coco, is either Mg or CalMag deficiency. And the advice is either to "add CalMg" or focus solely on the Mg (epsom salts) as a solution. I've always thought "wait, what about the Ca"? Until I get the space to run independent deficiency tests, I really don't know what a Ca def looks like. I think I've had leaves look like this on about every grow. I had attributed it in the past to overdoing Top Shooter/Shooting powder, or KoolBloom.

dankworth

dankworth

I am not 100% sure it is cal. But that would be my first guess. Though cal defs seem usually to manifest themselves as small spots of those color then filling in later. Check the infirmary here, they have some good pics. I learned a lot by reading that section. The pale top leaves on the buds a few pics below I think may be nitrogen deficiency.
I am still not sure of all the rules of nutes and antagonism and ratios. There is a good Mulder's chart on p. 2 of the Feeding Sulfur to increase terpenes? thread, showing us how P and K could cockblock calcium. So your pk boosters at the end could very well contribute to cal defs at the end like that.
Peep's "add calmag" advice can be funny, Botanicare's CalMag is like 2% N, 1.2%Mg, and 3.2% cal. So it changes the ratios around of the nute base as far as true NPK ratios. And you don't want extra N in flower if you can help it at all.
I am stoked that you are going to finish with a MH lamp. I swear it makes shit more transcendental, more psychedelic. I dig it.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Test results are in

tropicreportl.jpg

BIG-ASS TITTIES!!!

Pulled tester @day 64-65, lower buds from all 4 plants, nice & sticky. :bong2::bong2::joint:

First impressions: 1 of the 4 is nothing special and 3 of the 4 are winners, 1 of which is easily the best OG I've ever tasted. Not kidding.

Play-by-play:
Wifi#1 - (8.5 - 9) Reeeeally nice OG.
Wifi#2 - (10.0) sickest OG eveahh! This was the 2nd round of sampling for Wifi2. The first time I stated that "This is everything I could ever hope for." I was actually trying not to gush until I was certain this wasn't the honeymoon effect. It wasn't, so I'll say now what I wanted to say then: I didn't know weed got this good. And there you have it.
Larry #1 - (7) nothing special, ok.
Larry#2 - (8.5 - 9) Very good representation of a balanced, maybe even funk-flavored leaning, OG.

So now ... I guess I could bring these bitches down, because the effect & potency is there. The samples were day 65, today is day 67. There was no harshness but since they haven't had a full week of plain water, I'll probably pull them at 70.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Lots of dank in the dungeon! Nice work Darth Fader... :cool

dankworth

dankworth

Damn fine work. Your wifis made me get off my ass and germ 5. I am so stoked to hear "best weed ever" out of folks.

Now your big problem will be that no other weed will be worth smoking. People will misunderstand you and get their feelings hurt and talk shit about what a snob you have become. Because you will politely decline their bowls.
Because 'all I could get was this crappy cell phone pic...'

Everywhere you go, you will have the best weed in the room.
That means you have won.

Dunge

Dunge

Could you tell us how you prep your test buds for combustion?
I just started two wifis into flower and your posts are inspirational.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nice work, Darth! You running the Jack's hydroponic on this run?

-TF

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Lots of dank in the dungeon! Nice work Darth Fader... :cool

Thx Shady. How you doing bro?

Damn fine work. Your wifis made me get off my ass and germ 5. I am so stoked to hear "best weed ever" out of folks.

Now your big problem will be that no other weed will be worth smoking. People will misunderstand you and get their feelings hurt and talk shit about what a snob you have become. Because you will politely decline their bowls.
Because 'all I could get was this crappy cell phone pic...'

Everywhere you go, you will have the best weed in the room.
That means you have won.

Thx man, and if you're ever in L.A., we'll celebrate the win! I need you to get me sorted on my Ca & Mg levels bro. I saw your post in that other thread - pretty cool stuff. It's the part of growing I have an aversion too, but I need to eventually figure it out.

Yeah, popping Wifi seed is the way to go. Don't wait. I gotta find the #3 & Aligee's #1 to compare. Could be that we've all found the same HolyShit pheno. Can you see this naming stuff getting comical?

I shared a bowl w/ some heads last night who are both in the know and got huge, massive validation and great compliments. So I'd say we're on to something here. LOL:sun

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx Shady. How you doing bro?
Doing great! Been trimming every day for the last week when I get home from work... And I'm only half way through my harvest. Gonna have some sweet nug shots to post up pretty soon... :mmm

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Could you tell us how you prep your test buds for combustion?
I just started two wifis into flower and your posts are inspirational.

I just pulled some small larf of the bottom and left them sitting in the tent on to of a 5 gal bucket for 2 days. They went thru light & dark cycles but are underneath a thick scrog canopy, so they didn't get any light to speak of.

Nice work, Darth! You running the Jack's hydroponic on this run?

-TF

Thx brotha, what's good? I will be requiring your professional opinion LOL.

Nah, I'd have to check this log to be sure, but I think I only went to Jack's @wk 5. I was ALL over the place to be honest. Base nutes & CaMg changed b/c I was trying to use up some bottles before i ordered/switched to the Jack's, so I began w/ (6ml) H&G Coco's until it ran out. After that was (7.5 - 10 ml) PBP Bloom until somewhere around day 25-30, when I went to Jacks + MgSO4 + Budswel + sometimes Drip Clean. What a mess huh? I always kept ppms low, trying to average around 750, but I'm swinging 100 + or -. I did have that mistake where I was feeding Jacks @450 instead of 750 for like 30 days. I use pH drops so my pH isn't exact, but I like drops because pH pens will lie to you. I shoot for 5.8. Kept the MH bulb thru stretch and then for the last 2 wks as well.

Additives: I did run a bunch of H&G additives (per schedule mostly) Roots Excel, Drip Clean, Multi-zen (or Hygrozyme), and even Bud-XL a few times. Also Liquid Karma in veg and some type of CalMag until the switch to Jacks. Silica for pH up. One foliar of Magic Green was used to try & treat the underfed Larrys. I used Great White and liquid Budswel (in bloom) @30ml/gal, but no sweetener. No Bloom boosters. Plants were never treated for any pests or disease, not even Neem oil. Next run will be a baseline run w/ only Jacks & whatever is needed for Ca & Mg.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Harvest is complete and the buds just went into paper bags. The Wifi #2 had the fattest nugs by far. Sweet. I did take some pics at day 69 & 71 that I may throw up. Chop was either 71 or 72, I forget. I was going to run them to 75 for shits & giggles, but then I had a feeling that I was pushing them past their best looking days. They were nice and chunky and 10-15% amber. Going into the bags, both Wifi phenos show obvious great trich coverage to the naked eye. One of the Larry phenos is no slouch either and for now I'll hold the little bonsai moms until some cured smoke tests. Hope I didn't fuck up my labeling!

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Doing great! Been trimming every day for the last week when I get home from work... And I'm only half way through my harvest. Gonna have some sweet nug shots to post up pretty soon... :mmm

Sry bro, I missed your post. Throw up those nug shot Shady!

dankworth

dankworth

Badass work. I have a formula for coco based off of CNS-17 bloom's alleged values, but mine is straight up better. If you ever get on the bags of salts tip please ask me for the figures, it is straight kicking ass and taking names. Frost, stink, and girth. I am so happy.

Recent observations-
Ca, if insufficient, is a huge limiting factor for growth.
Sulfur is the key to terpenes, stank, medical effectiveness.

I will eventually try to put this info in a real thread someday.

How many wifis did you select from on this run? Wondering about ratios of candidates/keepers(they got to yield as well as smell good and be strong to stick around)

And again, great work. I bet you don't even care about other people's weed right now.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Day 71 pics

Wifi pheno #1 - great smoke, top-shelf OG. This one grows a bit more spear-like, bit more stretch, not quite as dense. Lovely plant, beautiful frosty buds.

Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_3.jpg

Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_7.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_8.jpg

Wifi - pheno #2 - Keeper - This one goes to 11! Good thing this was my #2 since there is already a #3, a #1, and apparently a #6 LOL! Or I could just dub this one the Fader cut LOL. I read someone's description of the #6 and it was spot-on same as mine. They could all be the same AFAIK. Chunky, harder to root, but oh-so mouth-watering piney-chemmy-skunky-OG funky!

Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_111.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_121.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_131.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_141.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_151.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_161.jpg

Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_171.jpg
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_18.jpg

Here are a couple leaves off the #2
Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_20.jpg

Wifi_Larry_-_Day_71_-_21.jpg

:rock

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

my comments in blue

Badass work. I have a formula for coco based off of CNS-17 bloom's alleged values, but mine is straight up better. If you ever get on the bags of salts tip please ask me for the figures, it is straight kicking ass and taking names. Frost, stink, and girth. I am so happy.

Thx for the kind words dw, and for riding along. Best run yet, so I'm pretty stoked. Not sure what the bags of salts thing is, but I've got about 3 yrs worth of Jack's that I'll be playing with for a while.

Recent observations-
Ca, if insufficient, is a huge limiting factor for growth.
Sulfur is the key to terpenes, stank, medical effectiveness.

I will eventually try to put this info in a real thread someday.

Please do, that'd be pretty cool. So how much Ca do you think is the optimal range? And what about the sulfur?

How many wifis did you select from on this run? Wondering about ratios of candidates/keepers(they got to yield as well as smell good and be strong to stick around)

It started as a Larry run, but when 2 didn't pop, I substituted 2 wifi. Just lucky I guess - went 2 for 2. They're really both keepers, just one happens to be #insanelyKickass.

And again, great work. I bet you don't even care about other people's weed right now.

Hehe ... no comment :smiley_joint: I am gonna start looking to take the pepsi challenge with any contenders.

Would like to have mono-cropped the winner for the next run but I only took 4 cuts and 2 are not rooted yet. Also, one of them may be the other wifi pheno. Careless stoner move. Next run looks like it'll be (1) Tahoe, (1) Larry OG S1-#2, (2) Wifi - Fader cut ... hopefully ;-)

Lessons learned this round:
1. For scrog, plastic screen sucks. Metal screen will keep the plants down where you want them, growing horizontally w/ no drama. LST'd like mad and the plants still ended up too close to the light b/c the plastic was not strong enough.
2. Low ppm works great, but just don't assume, check it occasionally.
3. Up-pot to 3 gal earlier. Waited too long and roots never hit the sides of the pot. Give it plenty of time for the roots to grow after transplant before flip.
4. Don't get lazy with keeping notes.
5. Be thorough and careful with labeling. Not really sure if all my clones were labeled correctly.
6. Be careful not to screw up the light cycle. I f'd this up 3 times LOL.

Still, again - best run so far. The coolest things about this run were (of course) finding that (#Holy$hit) pheno, but also the wick system just takes care of itself to a large extent, so it was very easy & hands-off for this busy dad. The meds are super-clean - plants were not sprayed/dunked even as clones. And because of the low ppms, even the day 64 testers with no flush were smooth & tasty.

Thanks everyone for tuning in. If I can make it down to the HTCC in Feb, I'll bring a jar full of nugs w/ me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom