Fairly new to farming and wondering if my tree is read for harvest...

• Thread starter testertips
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
testertips

testertips

Strain - unknown, likely hybrid (from clone)
Flipped to 12/12 - 8/23/2021 (63 days, 9 weeks as of today)
Feeding only PH'd water for the past 2 weeks

Ready or need a week or 2 more?

Tricombs1
Tricombs2
Tricombs3
Tricombs4
Tricombs5
Tricombs6
Brotofsky

Brotofsky

Great looking grow! ✊🏼 I’d say you are at the finish line. Most of the white hairs on the biggest colas appear to be foxtailing.

Dubberz19

Dubberz19

Get a 30x jewelers loop. When your trichomes are all cloudy the plant is at its max potency. That s when you harvest.

BorealCuring

BorealCuring

Supporter
Nice plant!

Close enough for me. Calices are nice. I see a couple white hairs and a few clear trichomes so you could go a week without being too early or late. Pick a time that is convenient, just try to start at or before "lights on". This is why some growers give the plant a day or two in darkness before they harvest to maximize terpene production. It's unclear if it actually does, but it can't hurt.

Keep in mind that when you harvest, it doesn't freeze the plant in time. Once you harvest, the chemical processes will continue although a little accelerated because of the stress. So the migration from CBGA continues for a bit.

Most of the aromas that we associate with plants are the result of terpenes and flavonoids. Humans can smell and taste these compounds. Terpene levels increase during the dark period and reach their peak just before dawn. During the day they evaporate and fill the surrounding air with odor to warn predators. By the end of the day, at dusk, terpene and other volatile compound levels are at their lowest. Regardless of the trivialities, harvesting cannabis soon after “lights on” is desirable for maximum terpene retention.

CannaDana

CannaDana

This is what I hate. You get six different opinions in a row, from six different people. How helpful is that?

Okay, I'll be #7.

From your photos, I'm estimating you have about 65% white trichomes, 30% clear, and 5% amber. That looks ready, to me. I'd harvest anytime from today through the next week or so. But if you like a sleepier weed, then I'd wait a couple weeks, until you see 30% or more amber trichomes, as TCH converts to CBN when the trichomes turn amber.

Great advice by @BorealCuring, above.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Or just let everything go at least 10 weeks
A 8 week strain won't go bad in 10 weeks.

Beza

Beza

Good job. Personal preference on trichs. On Sativa Dom I like about 30% amber whereas on Indica Dom/hybrid I like an estimate of about 2/3 cloudy 1/3 clear 5-10% amber.

A really long flowering Haze I'll take it to the black trichs (super dark amber). At this stage (over 130 days in flower) you will get 5% black trichs, 30% dark amber, 30% light amber (yellow), 20% cloudy, and believe it or not 10% clear/new trichs.

In my experience one can't actually get all amber because new clear ones keep appearing. Also, when you successfully take it attempting all amber (without nanners) you will end up with weed people will accuse you of lacing it with drugs because it is so strong. That's what happened with me.

Flintstone

Flintstone

Beautiful trycombs

Latest posts

Top Bottom