Fallponics 6 plant veg room, do I need a res?

• Thread starter Cashmeh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Title and picture says it all.

The two grommets on top will be where the water comes into the tote.

I am contemplating not using a separate res but don't think I'll need it.

I am thinking 5 gallons per plant for veg is perfect. I say this because I will transplant them to the flower room hydro system and if will have 10 gallon per plant.

30 gal for veg
60 gal for flower

Because my veg tent will be 18/6, being only 6 hours where I can't open the tent, we'll that's not too bad. The only reason I want a res is so I can check when lights are off without opening tent.

As for not using a res I will drill one more hole and grommet in the lid, insert submersible pump in tote, run line up through lid, through splitter, and back down through each grommet I already have in. The 1/2 tube will sit around 1 to two inches above the water level, which will always be around half the net pot level.

I might have to put some braces in the tent to stop the tote from bowing out..

This 2*4 veg room is running on a tsl 2000, and my 4x8 flower room is running two 1000w hps. It will also be a fallponics system, just far more complex and not complete yet. I'll finish it as soon as I plant seeds in this room.

Fallponics 6 plant veg room do i need a res
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Should be fine... have you transplanted from fall ponies to full hydro before? I'm just not familiar with how well they take that change as I would think the roots structure is slightly different?

I'm not sure just asking for my own knowledge.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Should be fine... have you transplanted from fall ponies to full hydro before? I'm just not familiar with how well they take that change as I would think the roots structure is slightly different?

So I don't really know the difference between Fallponics and full hydro. My Old rdwc and Dwc systems will never be replicated.

So if this is considered Fallponics, so will my 4x8 room. I will have 6 individual buckets in it, each connected to a 3inch header drain line running out of the tent to a 30 gallon res. In the tent will have a bit more than 30 gallon due to 6- 5.2gal square black buckets and lots of 3 inch drain lines.

The top of those buckets will have a 6 inch netpot and 1/2 infeed line coming down just line this veg tent will.

Only difference will be each bucket lid have its own Fallponics infeed line.

Veg tent will be flora series veg/transition mix, starting ppm 250, insert sprouts once it breaks rockwool. I will transition it to 350 ppm grow blend, and prolly raise to 450 by the end of the 1.5 month veg time.

I must do 1.5 veg and 1.5 flower due to needing to wait on flowering to complete for constant 1.5 to 2 months harvest on the flower room.

The flower room will be at the bloom flora blend at 400-450 ppm. Each plant will still have its own air stone below the netpot suction cupped too. It just won't be high air flow, very low..

I'm hoping to keep the veg room and flower room water temps the exact same and room Temps the exact same for transplants...

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

So here is my final product, I think? Simple and to the point. I do have a few air pump with various air stones I can try in here. Being the water is sucked strait down under the roots, after airrating the surface, I prolly don't even need air stones.

What you think? My thing is I'm going to run all air lines through the top of the net pots, less gaskets/leak chances. So if I don't have to, I won't. Like do you think it will be beneficial to add air stones? Obvious micro stones for finer bubbles and low air flow rate not to agitate the roots.

This just seems like it will prolly work well though.

Last edited:
Teslajuana

Teslajuana

I don’t know if this helps but if my water line is hitting the basket I’ve noticed an increase potential for root rot but this is just my opinion and observation. You going to have some air bubbles in that right? You will need a lot of bubbles to keep the roots healthy and the water from being yuck. Hope this helps looks good, good
luck.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

I don’t know if this helps but if my water line is hitting the basket I’ve noticed an increase potential for root rot but this is just my opinion and observation. You going to have some air bubbles in that right? You will need a lot of bubbles to keep the roots healthy and the water from being yuck. Hope this helps looks good, good
luck.
Yea I'll put one stone under each netpot just for good luck.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Anyone know how I would create a extensive fallponics system, without agitating the roots lol??? It looks like my waterfalls arent doing nothing, but if I put a bigger pump on it, I imagine it will agitate the roots . . so like whats the happy middle ground.

Would it be better to make it rain around the netpots, have every inch of water surface being rained on, aero nozzles yet facing down instead of up, with high water level?

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Anyone know how I would create a extensive fallponics system, without agitating the roots lol??? It looks like my waterfalls arent doing nothing, but if I put a bigger pump on it, I imagine it will agitate the roots . . so like whats the happy middle ground.

Would it be better to make it rain around the netpots, have every inch of water surface being rained on, aero nozzles yet facing down instead of up, with high water level?
if you keep the drip rain above that will naturally give you a rain effect around the bottom of the net pot.

Aero nozzles I've thought about, wouldn't be a bad idea and one i will actually try, basically anything that agitates the water is a good thing.
With water falls depends how you build them, hopefully the OP doesn't mind me posting a pic of my manifold.
Mine works a treat, this plant hasn't been in her tote long.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Ppms
if you keep the drip rain above that will naturally give you a rain effect around the bottom of the net pot.

Aero nozzles I've thought about, wouldn't be a bad idea and one i will actually try, basically anything that agitates the water is a good thing.
With water falls depends how you build them, hopefully the OP doesn't mind me posting a pic of my manifold.
Mine works a treat, this plant hasn't been in her tote long.
It sucks there are so many ways to aerate water lol.. What to do what to do..

brotherfrombelgium

brotherfrombelgium

Ppms

It sucks there are so many ways to aerate water lol.. What to do what to do..
Post a pic of your current waterfall, it's so easy to do amigo.

With mine i just made a twin manifold so there is a waterfall effect on both sides of the root zone and they criss cross each other, roots LOVE it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom