False Advertising

• Thread starter kill-9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

blue

Having spent time in Cali, I can clearly say that Medi weed has become the way to make big bucks fast! You don’t need to know what you’re selling nor do most care! I found with American smokers its all about the name.... a few years ago if you had kush people would have looked at you like you had 6 eyes now its the only thing they want to smoke its so laughable its untrue. But I do agree that if you are selling what is in effect a medicine you should know the origins of said meds.

But as I stated before in the USA its all about brand name, which is why they will continue to rip honest decent people off!

B

boxmunch9

no bodies getting ripped off, people were buying pot in california long before they had medicinal marijuana, paying the same price for no different selections. yea yea yea kush has taken over cali medi shops, its because kush is a extremely hard hitting indica, alot of people like that effect from marijuana( because most people smoke later on at night after a hard days work and there trying to sleep) not some raging sativa that makes you think your shit was laced with meth. some people throw the name kush on the end of there shit, but bottom line your the one who get to go to a club and buy it, you get to go into a store, look at what they have to offer smell it compare the price and the crystals, then you can buy it or go to another club. no victims here, people usally gravitate to the bud that has the most crystals and smells the best, call it instinct or natural selection. if you dont like a club you can probably call your old dealer, hes prolly got some 20 bags laying around

B

blue

If you had bothered to read the whole thread you would have seen that kill-9 claims his local club has clones that they dont know where they come from or what they are they just put a name to them so yes they are ripping people off.

Also having walked the mountain range it's self Im fully aware of kush weed & its not always a hard hitting indica some kush is mild FYI it's the fact that the Americans love the hype. As I said I have spent a lot of time in Cali & with a lot of smokers it's about what you have in your bag name wise.... which is very very sad.......

B

boxmunch9

I did read the whole post, kill-9 claims the club didnt know anything about the clones they offerd to sell him, which he didnt buy? Dont see how hes getting ripped off? someone brings in dank weed to sell to the clubs and tells them its g-13, he also has some clones to sell, so the club buys them too. people come in and buy those clones, some people come in asking a bunch of question about the clones and dont. isnt caring if your clone is really g-13 "caring whats in your bag name wise"? should have bought one and grown it, then started a thread about how he was a victim of false advertising.
yea maybe there is some kush that isnt hard hitting, but doesnt seem like people chose to grow it, because no one would want it( because it doesnt get you high)

I love how all these no-cali living people assume californians cant smoke something, then notice if it gets them high or not, its pretty supjective, we are not in 7th grade. Its not like we are walking around with grass clippings in our pockets. Its hard to get your gear sold at a club, you gotta have some of the better stuff in the area. If the shit gets you super stoned I dont give a shit what they call it and neither should anyone else. when did buying a bag of weed become the biggest decision in your life? its pretty universal that stoners often try to buy the stuff that gets them higher than their last bag , if its kush or called kush then so be it. lastly weed isnt like pepsi or coke, its gonna be differnt from every grower, clubs cant control that so take a deep breath everyone and be thankful

B

blue

Let me put it to you in very simple terms so that you can grasp what’s being written ok.

If you walk into a shop and picked up a flapjack that says honey flapjack on it then when you eat it the thing has no honey in it just nuts you would feel ripped off as this is not what you thought you were getting, are you taking this in or would you like me to make it even clearer for you?

Right, so let’s apply this to the purchasing of a clone from a club that is labelled up as
G13 but when you grow it out you find out its super skunk you would feel ripped of correct? He didn’t purchase these clones but many no doubt have this is called false advertising.

And I have first hand Exp of the Cali scene both street & med 60% of the med stuff is what you get from a decent home grower in Holland or the UK. I have had better herb from a guy on the beach in ocean side then what the clubs were dishing out.

As for people that only want to get as high as they can well that sums up a lot of things really doesn’t it, ignorance of flavour & and appreciation for the complexity of different highs. When you’re a med user it’s not about the high it’s about the pain going away!!!!!!! & if your selling me a herb that is supposed to do this and its not then I’m not a happy bunny, it’s like walking into a chemist & asking for something for my head ache and getting a pack of tampons not going to do the job you want is it.

This is coming from some one that is a med user. Not just some one that wants to get stoned.

K

kill-9

You get it, or you don't. Simple as that.

I am going to talk to the dispensary owner. I just came back from Sierras, and I have thought about it. Nothing like nature to compose your thoughts and what to say.

B

boxmunch9

there is also a supply and demand thing going on here. if every club asked for a chemical gentic make-up of every bag of weed going through their shops with proven evidence to support their claims, there would be alot of sick people in pain waiting in a line around the corner for the proof that will never come. clubs rarely have the exact same product, from the exact same grower ,grown the exact same way so people are always smoking different shit
yea I'd feel about as ripped off by the 3dollar flap jacks as the 10dollar clone I didnt buy because I didnt believe it was really g-13. I would feel more ripped off by buying $100dollar seeds that turn out to be a bunch of males or not as nice as the picture I saw of it on the internet.

Greyskull

Greyskull

I would feel more ripped off by buying $100dollar seeds that turn out to be a bunch of males or not as nice as the picture I saw of it on the internet.

why does no one complain about that???
:lipssealed

kill-9 imo the only thing the operators of the coop can do to stop the mislabeled stuff from being offered is to simply stop accepting clone & buds from the patients that are providing them....

curious to hear what the shop keep has to say to you

B

boxmunch9

your right greyskull, it truely is the only way, so basically buyer beware. and blue i'd be pretty pissed that i got the skunk over g-13, but I'd smoke it and probably forget all about how mad I was

final note, dont be afraid to buy two clones, grow one and keep one to see how the other turns out. you might miss out on your new favorite plant even though its not what you thought it was

S

Sporulater

That's why I said "THERE is people". And didn't specifically refer to you. Maybe you should read again? Or should I break it down for you?

Like I said, I should be grateful because we have medical marijuana? I'm on the path to legalization, and we can't have that when there are shady dispensaries. I should give a pass when a dispensary is lying about what they have? :sign0065:

The dispensary is straight up lying about everything they have stocked. G-13 was only something I knew positively for sure that they didn't have.

Nobody cares about your stories.

Obviously nobody cares about yours dude, I am simply telling you to be thankful for what you do have but you know what they say, "the grass is always greener on the other side", I wasn't being hostile here and yet I am being told to chill out, dig this. I think box said it best when he said to be thankful for what you do got, there are places where you'd be paying close to the same as you are there for some beasters, or mids, you are able to obtain some of the highest quality marijuana in the whole country, possibly the world, and you are on some website bitchin about it. A few of the people that are mods at our medical marijuana forum just went out there to oaksterdam and they were so stoked the whole time they were there. They posted some great stories and said how nostalgic it felt to be in a public place, buying some awesome looking weed. Just that was beautiful to them. They said the dispensary worker or whatever would bring out different strains for them to try every morning and everybody would show up there to talk and trade growing secrets. You are just about the only person I have ever heard bitch about something so great, what's wrong, didn't have any cash to buy anything while you were there?

purpleberry

purpleberry

Its happened to me, I went into the club looking at what cuts they have and guy shows me one labled GD and tells me it granddaddy, which ive been looking for. Turns out to be some sort of "kush" thats really killer, easy to grow, easy to trim, finishes in 52 days, i love the thing, and the club doesnt know how i got it buts beggin me to bring them all i can grow lol And i have a few freinds that havent smoked anything else for weeks.
But they also sold me cuts that are pure junk. Now they are not takin cuts off the street for these reasons, and only sell a few strains they grow them self. The market will correct it self give it time.

B

boxmunch9

yea i'd like to hear what dude says, I dont think its gonna be very nice

K

kill-9

so'd you talk to the operator yet?

Yes. I went today after lunch time. Just so I won't seem like I was gonna be harassing the dude, I also picked up a quarter.

I asked him about the G-13 and told him that it is a very very rare strain and literally only males exist, if females exist, they are held onto as tight as a virgin, he started laughing. He believed me.

Here's what he had to say:

"I don't doubt what you're telling me is true, and this also conflicts me, with all the clones I receive, I always grow them out and the only thing I can confirm if it is a indica, sativa or a hybrid. After I have grown it out, I compare it to the known genetic history of the strain and make a judgment on it. I try to look for pictures of it online or anywhere and compare them. If a vendor lies to me then I will not accept his clones in the future. But it takes me awhile to grow out these plants as we both know they don't just prop up in one day. When a new vendor comes to me I have no choice but to believe him. G-13 I did not receive from a private vendor but I mothered a clone I bought from San Francisco. "

It was pretty busy in there and I didn't want to be a dick to everyone else so I just nodded and accepted what he had to say, and left.

T

the Rock

nice work kill-9 I quit buying from the clubs 6-7 years ago when i started getting strains that were nowhere near what they were described as. that was the only course of action I knew what to do= quit giving them $$$. It was nice when you could pick up the TW or ortega cuts or sensi star on a daily basis. Luckily I have friends (or seeds) i can rely on for new genetics nowadays.

If it aint the real deal dont do the biz with them,hopefully others will follow suit

Greyskull

Greyskull

what the operator said sounds about as "honest" an answer one in that line of work could really give.

its a crap shoot.

The Joker

The Joker

I know this a dead thread, but i needed to say this to Sporulator. The downfall of the internet is that sometimes what you mean is not how it is understood. There are many here who help out people with AIDS and cancer. They just don't wear it on their sleeves.

Like I said, there are many unsung heroes on this site. It's been my priviledge to help them or be helped by them. None of them have ever had the attitude you displayed.

I don't get into it with people, but I just needed to say that. To lead is to serve.

S

SkyHi

Wow come to oaksterdamn? haha your ,mods are lame! Bluesky as dispensary sucks...there clones are great but smokables blow!!!!

S

SkyHi

Oh and i agree with kill-9 i dont care if its legal or illegal a club or a street sale, i dont like being lied to about the product. so your rationalism of "just be grateful" is crap IMO

Top Bottom