Fan leaves curling the long way like hotdog bun

• Thread starter Chrism73
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Chrism73

Chrism73

New grower and I'm have issues with fan leaves are curling up long ways like hotdog bun. Still growing towards light and moving so they are not dying just growing weird. Total controlled environment. Heat and humidity are good. Light might be weak for the area but I'm not sure. Any suggestions would be awesome

SofaKingHigh

SofaKingHigh

That kind of curling is usually something to do with it trying to transpire more. Pictures will help us all help you better. Be more specific about what you temps and humidity are and more info on the light.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Mine would taco up on my current grow early on in veg and still doing so in flower, mainly in the most upper fan leaves. I haven’t had any issues and I’m on week 5 of flower with good bud development! What I gathered was they will do this when trying to “hide” from intense light. Just as long as you don’t see any light burning (near bleached looking leaves) you will be okay. Send some pics our way to have a gander.

oh, I have 4 plants under 500 true watt LED lights.

Solarscar

Solarscar

I had one plant that had some crunkled, twisty leaves, but she is going strong! I chalked that up to genetics/phenotype.

Solarscar

Solarscar

If you don’t have a sensor to measure your light intensity (pulse device) you can hang a thermometer near the canopy to see what your leaves may be experiencing. You don’t want something up into the 90’s. Mid 80’s is typically okay if you don’t have to much IR penetrating and heating up your plant leaves. I check upper canopy temps, the the back of my hand near the canopy to be sure I’m not getting microwaved!

Chrism73

Chrism73

Temp stays between 70 and 80 constantly. Humidity stays between 40% and 50% ... I'm on a 16 hour light schedule and watering every 2 to 3 days as needed . 5 gallon buckets about halfway filled right now til they grow bigger and I fill up as they grow .there's one I'll upload that is just in shock or something but it's not growing but it's not dying ..a little confused about that one

Screenshot 20211231 152219 Zosi Smart
20211231 151723
20211231 151806
20211231 151900
20211231 151838
Solarscar

Solarscar

how much soil is in those pails?
that’s gonna be a pain trying to transplant those when needed.
I agree with this. I would get those girls in an air pruning container ASAP so you won’t be dealing with root bound issues later.

P

Pike

I agree with this. I would get those girls in an air pruning container ASAP so you won’t be dealing with root bound issues later.
I believe he’s doing um like a potatoe plant, pick off the fans, as they grow burry the main stem and roots come outta the node areas.

Chrism, I’m not saying you have russets, but they will do the same to the plant, looks like heat stress. Just scope those plants to insure there not setting up camp.

carry on

Chrism73

Chrism73

how much soil is in those pails?
that’s gonna be a pain trying to transplant those when needed.
There r 5 gallon buckets half filled when I transplanted from 6 in seedling pot about 2 weeks ago . Yes my plan was to bury the main stem as they grow . Same process I did over the summer growing outdoor so I figured it would work again in a controlled greenhouse. I'll upload last grow that worked pretty good

20211002 080327
20211002 080358
20211002 080354
20211002 080351
20211002 080346
20211002 080342
Chrism73

Chrism73

I believe he’s doing um like a potatoe plant, pick off the fans, as they grow burry the main stem and roots come outta the node areas.

Chrism, I’m not saying you have russets, but they will do the same to the plant, looks like heat stress. Just scope those plants to insure there not setting up camp.

not to lie but I'm new so I don't know how to scope the plants

P

Pike

Do you have a magnification device you use to check tric color for harvest? Russet mites are very small, so need to look real close, once established there easy to spot.
like I said, take a look just to ensure they aren’t around. They will be in the soft spots chowing down.

Chrism73

Chrism73

Do you have a magnification device you use to check tric color for harvest? Russet mites are very small, so need to look real close, once established there easy to spot.
like I said, take a look just to ensure they aren’t around. They will be in the soft spots chowing down.
Oh yes I do . I had issue with spider mites last grow . Thanks I'll pay attention and check that out

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’d be curious to know what your leaf temps are? Because you can’t get good air flow down inside those buckets plants need air exchange , they are not transpiring properly. IMO

Chrism73

Chrism73

I’d be curious to know what your leaf temps are? Because you can’t get good air flow down inside those buckets plants need air exchange , they are not transpiring properly. IMO
I'll check it out and see what the temps..thanks for info

Top Bottom