Fan Leaves Tips Pointing Down, Is That Bad?

• Thread starter JuggaloJames
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Looked around the net and couldn't find anything on this, is it a bad thing?

Fan leaves tips pointing down is that bad
Fan leaves tips pointing down is that bad 2
Fan leaves tips pointing down is that bad 3
hiboy

hiboy

Definitely flush and it might also be just too much nutrients so yes Flush flush flush

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

I put a gallon threw it, is it safe to add dirt, say an inch or two?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

Im not sure what adding dirt to it will do. That's nitrogen toxicity , you'll know by having dark green leaves and the ends will curl down as you saw. It's always better to have to feed more than try and flush the plant. remeber you can always add more you can't really take it back once the plants absorbed it.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Nice advice... My pot is only about half full of dirt, so when I water my plant I worry about disturbing the roots, thought about adding more dirt, maybe have to feed less..?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

oh yeah if it's half full you can add dirt for sure. if you're worried about disturbing the roots you can always water more slowly aswel. and yah I would deff tone down on the feedin

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

Thanks for the info, I try and alternate straight water, then nutes, straight water, so on, watering every other day, maybe to much nutes in my mix, after flushing earlier the plant started twitching like the time I watered on the 4th day, all the leaves were laying on the dirt, bounced right back tho. Lights went out 30mins after the flush, so will post updated pics tomorrow.

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

If 2 of the fan leaves are in bad shape, being in flower, should I just wait until they completely yellow before clipping then off, or just let the plant shed them on its own...?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

if the fan leaves are in pretty rough shape id say clip em theyre using more energy to repair than theyre giving back. fan leaves are like the powerhouse for the plant they make the photosynthesis exhchange and all the sugars your buds use but if they're damaged they're trying to fix themselves using the energy themselves. so dont remove them unless they're damaged

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

So seems it has perked up a bit, some of the tips pointing down seemed to have straightened Out

20170524 075455
greenthumb89

greenthumb89

new growth is usually always a lime green colour or very light green

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

So to much nitrogen made the leaves dark green, leading to the toxicity and the claw. How will I know when it's better? And will the old leaves change To a different shade or will the new ones just be a lighter green..?

greenthumb89

greenthumb89

I'm not a 100% but i'm pretty sure after awhile the old leaves will go back to the normal colour really you want to aim for a lighter green rather a dark green but not lime green. new growth is always lime greens o dont worry about that. Also in regards to your lsting make sure that whatever material you're using isn't too tight around the stems that stuff looks pretty thin and theirs a chance it can cut into the flesh of the stem and stunt growth aswel

JuggaloJames

JuggaloJames

The dental floss is actually tied in a loop, so that the stem/branch is resting against the loop, it's not tight. Thanks for the info. I clipped 2 leaves the last 2 days, 1 each day, and after cut when rolled between the fingers, they were kinda crispy like flacked apart, is that normal? Those leaves were like the 4th set, the plant itself is on like set 15.

B

Budwhisperer19

You have that in a coffee can ? U need to transplant that to a 5 gal bucket bro it's getting root bound it will take off in more soil

Top Bottom