fan leaves with 3 leaves

• Thread starter EAR
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

EAR

can anyone tell me what it means when there are only three leaves on a fan leaf, as opposed to the regular 5 or 7?:worried

B

buffalobubble

Im having the same issue too. My leaves are shriveling and curling a little bit too.

buffbuds

buffbuds

it could also mean someone took a clone that had been off of a revegging plant. often, re-vegging starts with mishapen flower pods, then shoots with single blade leaves grow from the mishapen flower sites, then those shoots elongate, produce blades with 3 leaves, then after a node or three, they produce 5 points, and may continue to produce more points the more modes you let it grow out. I try to take only clones with 7 or 9 leaf points, it makes the plants grow more vigorously than those that need to re veggitate longer.

E

EAR

i've heard that three leaf fan leaves were gentically made that way. beneficial because it lets more light through to the whole plant as opposed to a 7 or 9 leaf fan leaves.

E

EAR

i was worried that maybe the three leaf fan leaves meant that the clones came from a mom that was cloned too many times, as in degradation. any thots?

buffbuds

buffbuds

oh, I've had moms like that that friends raped. TLC always made the genetics better (after a LONG veg, then taking the primo clones, and vegging them as mothers) I wouldn't worry, esp if they give great bud with fewer leaf points now.

R

ReelBusy1

oh, I've had moms like that that friends raped. TLC always made the genetics better (after a LONG veg, then taking the primo clones, and vegging them as mothers) I wouldn't worry, esp if they give great bud with fewer leaf points now.

A lot of misshapen 3 leaf fans and curled up leaves are usually a sign that the plant has undergone some major stress and usually means extreme heat or cold or nutes have stressed it.

W

Worddd

Hey EAR, no worries about the 3 fingered leaves imo, as stated it's most likely a sign that the mother of the clone or the clone itself has experienced some stress of some kind, could be several factor that have stressed it. So the only way to handle her is imo just to give her some veg-tlc, some nice conditions and time, and she'll most likely bounce back to a more normal leaf pattern and general health.

best greetings
Worddd

S

Sirius

As the plant moves from the veg into the flowering cycle the number of leaves decreases. You will notice a lot of colas have leaves with only one leaf.. (does that even make sense?). Some kind of stress must have triggered the plant into thinking it was getting ready to flower. but on the other hand, some of my strains do it automatically... even while under steady 18 hr light... i wouldnt be concerned as long as you have regular growth.

A

azmatis

:i have mother plant that was from a clone and its all 3 finger and its over 5ft tall
and the bud i just smoked a little while ago kickass, was from that plant
cali o/pk cross:bong-hits:

I

idol902

I've had some with just a single leaf coming out of them. Very strange I know.

THC Scientific

THC Scientific

I've had some with just a single leaf coming out of them. Very strange I know.

I have one that is only single leaf its at 10 inches, had it since it was 3 inches tall, I prune it like hell, but danm its single leafs all around on this bad girl, but its bushy like a unshaven french maid. :party0033:

R

ReelBusy1

I have one that is only single leaf its at 10 inches, had it since it was 3 inches tall, I prune it like hell, but danm its single leafs all around on this bad girl, but its bushy like a unshaven french maid. :party0033:

just because the french don't shave doesn't mean maids don't have feelings too.

He didn't mean it Mom....

S

SmokeMan

Mine is from seed

It does happen. This plant came from a mix batch of S99 seeds. Not sure what it is... But its three leafed all the way up..Its a small plant in a 5 gallon pot. I kept it too long in the 1 gallon before transplanting. But oh well. She has a very strong odor to her. Like lemon lime pine sol. Very strong!

Top Bottom