Fan suggestions for grow tent?

• Thread starter dirtyoldman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

My new 4 x 4 grow tent arrived today and I am shopping for interior oscillating fans. I've been using the Holmes Blizzard oscillating 8-inch desk fan in my closet grow. Hanging it upside down. The first one burned out after running about a year non-stop. The second one broke in just 3 months and I'm trying to get refunded by manufacturer warranty. The plastic broke near the mechanism that controls the oscillating. Again, it was running 24 hours a day. I think I'm done with Holmes fans. But I really can't find another 8-inch oscillator of any type. It's really the perfect fan for a 4 x 4. Wish the damned things would keep running. I'd like one that can mount securely at the top of the grow tent blowing down in oscillating fashion. I don't think a 6-inch fan is good enough. I do have an expensive, heavy floor fan that is oscillating. 12-inch and it is 26 inches tall. A designer fan for a bedroom. It's all-metal and built to last forever but I don't want to take up the floor space. That's too much to give up. Any suggestions for fans? Links would be helpful. I want an oscillator, preferably fans that can clamp onto tent frames.

logdog

logdog

I've never found any clamp on fans that aren't a complete crap shoot, some go a year or more some bust in a week just seems to be the nature of the beast.

biggerbud420

biggerbud420

i use this fan https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pelonis-28-3-Speed-Oscillating-Tower-Fan-White/491326639

GardenWeasel77

GardenWeasel77

I have two vivosun clip on fans they work great. I've heard good things about hurricanes too.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

My new 4 x 4 grow tent arrived today and I am shopping for interior oscillating fans. I've been using the Holmes Blizzard oscillating 8-inch desk fan in my closet grow. Hanging it upside down. The first one burned out after running about a year non-stop. The second one broke in just 3 months and I'm trying to get refunded by manufacturer warranty. The plastic broke near the mechanism that controls the oscillating. Again, it was running 24 hours a day. I think I'm done with Holmes fans. But I really can't find another 8-inch oscillator of any type. It's really the perfect fan for a 4 x 4. Wish the damned things would keep running. I'd like one that can mount securely at the top of the grow tent blowing down in oscillating fashion. I don't think a 6-inch fan is good enough. I do have an expensive, heavy floor fan that is oscillating. 12-inch and it is 26 inches tall. A designer fan for a bedroom. It's all-metal and built to last forever but I don't want to take up the floor space. That's too much to give up. Any suggestions for fans? Links would be helpful. I want an oscillator, preferably fans that can clamp onto tent frames.
Screenshot 20220112 130308 Amazon Shopping

phxazcraig

phxazcraig

I've got two cheap vertical rotating fans in the bottom of the tent. Only use them early in veg. Also a non rotating clip fan above the light. Plus a 6 inch inline on a temp and humidity control.

Once the plants filled to the tent edges I had moisture issues so I took out one of the rotators and added a powered inline duct fan. It runs 24x7 and keeps things stable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom