fans during lights off

• Thread starter HIGHLIFE420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HIGHLIFE420

my first grow and tyme for flowering just wondering if i should leave fans on during lights off

L

LBZ Farmer

If you need to contol the environment have the exhaust on... I leave the circulation fan on all the time

JH420

JH420

Exhaust fan?? Remember if your exhaust fan is off the carbon filter isn't doing anything either.

Oscillating fan?? I'm no expert but my feeling is that with the exhaust fan on I gets good air circulation at lights out (passive intake).

D

DoubleDub

I run a closed grow: Light cooling fans turn off when lights are off. A/C is based off temp so it stays on but usually doesn't have to run, circulating fan on 24/7.

H

HIGHLIFE420

thanx yea i have to run exhaust fan when it get humid but im gonna leave circulating fan on all the time

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

IMO..plants need some nap time..with no movement..i run exhausts 24/7 but asculating only when lights on..just my thaughts..take care and be safe

:passingjoint:

N

NeonBlackFlag

I leave my exhaust fan off during lights out to save $$, but my circulating fan is on 24/7. Don't want any problems with mold/mildew.

M

Malachi

I leave my exhaust fan off during lights out to save $$, but my circulating fan is on 24/7. Don't want any problems with mold/mildew.

I run my exhaust with scrubber 24/7 and my oscillating fan only during lights on. Plants only use available Co2 during lights on, so unless you are trying to beef up your stalks then why run your oscillating fan during lights out? Your exhaust fan should pull enough CFM to give you good air exchange. If you are having problems with mold or mildew then you should think about running your exhaust 24/7. That plays more of a part in controlling humidity then your osc. fan. All you are doing is stirring up the humid air and spreading spores.

N

NeonBlackFlag

I run my exhaust with scrubber 24/7 and my oscillating fan only during lights on. Plants only use available Co2 during lights on, so unless you are trying to beef up your stalks then why run your oscillating fan during lights out? Your exhaust fan should pull enough CFM to give you good air exchange. If you are having problems with mold or mildew then you should think about running your exhaust 24/7. That plays more of a part in controlling humidity then your osc. fan. All you are doing is stirring up the humid air and spreading spores.

I'm not having problems with mold or anything, just do it because it "seems" to give them just a little air stirring so it doesn't stay stagnant for a period of time. No real method to leaving the osc fan on 24/7 besides that. And I turn my exhaust fans off at night to save $$.

old.Ford

old.Ford

I try to look at it like this...I am attempting to make the outdoor environment indoors so I ask myself..Does the wind blow at night? I leave my fans on all the time, unless it gets cold in the house. Then I don't need to bring down the temp of the HPS,so they keep the girls nice and warm. old.Ford

ogtealover420

ogtealover420

So I run them all the time and be sure the oscilating fan is not going to give the girls wind burn. You could turn them off at night but i would atleast run the exaust fan at night. Also you can give extra "wind" for ten minutes a day if the girls have weak and/or stretchy stems.

X

Xceptional

i use the fan 24/7 to help control humidity. remember that humidity will be going up at night so you want to make sure you keep it in check. keeping your exhaust fan pulling that humid air out of the room replacing it with dryer air will help.

urbanite420

urbanite420

My CVK and ROG are stinky lil bitches so I have to keep my exhaust on 24/7. Circ fan on 24/7 also to help fight off mold

H

HIGHLIFE420

yes thanx i asked this question half way threw my first grow and have found out when to have them on and off thanx
and good reply old ford i got to high and forgot to think of it like that lol

H

HowardHunt

I run a closed grow: Light cooling fans turn off when lights are off. A/C is based off temp so it stays on but usually doesn't have to run, circulating fan on 24/7.

pretty much the same here. I don't recall running the exhaust fan this run yet once. 2 circulating fans are always on as well as a 4" scrubber that circulates as well.

ac is on timers, only runs when lights are on.

Top Bottom