Farmers don't flush? Oh, so you were an idiot before you grew weed...

• Thread starter RippedTorn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Kids hate vegetables because their worthless parents feed them chemical mersh shit. I can't buy out-of-season bell peppers, they are hydroponic and taste like chemicals, not peppers.

And soon aging dying suffering parents will hate their kids for trying to smoke them out on chemical mersh shit everyone's growing. That's one thing I managed to apologize for and to each my kids..

What's your contribution to the future? To stick a blue ribbon on a jar of poison? Contribute to the pharmaceutical industry who makes money off poor health exclusively? Or are you willing to tell these Botanicare babies to take a long rental scooter session off a short dock?

Homesteader

Homesteader

But he is wrong. He doesnt actually know what he’s talking about. He just parrots some organic bullshit bro science.
Well when you say organic there are two sides to it. The organic industry which is DIRTY AF but there is another side to organics which must be done on small scale and and that is the one I assumed he was talking about. Have you been to the grocery store and tasted the vegetables and fruit? How about a dispensary?

boomgagem

boomgagem

Supporter
Who cares if he’s right? That’s his contribution to the future? Call people idiots because they buy peppers from Kroger? Not everyone in the world (including me) know about farming. I grew up in the ghetto of Florida in the 80’s. I was lucky to ever see fresh vegetables. And don’t even get me started on the pot we smoked. I’m sure he’d call me all kinds of shit

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If anyone can explain to me how a plant actually takes up organic nutrients.... im all ears.

I dont buy the poison crap.... I do however feel that the microbiology created by organics can have a positive impact on overall quality.

Both organic and synthetic can contain harmful heavy metals etc. Late to my knowledge more of an issue with organics. Especially when it comes to things like ecoli

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well when you say organic there are two sides to it. The organic industry which is DIRTY AF but there is another side to organics which must be done on small scale and and that is the one I assumed he was talking about. Have you been to the grocery store and tasted the vegetables and fruit? How about a dispensary?

i am aware what over and underfed/supplemented produce and weed tastes like yes. We are fortunate to live in a farm area and most of our meat and veggies from the privately owned supermarkets here are local or at least picked at market by people who care. The difference at a bigger box typestore can be very apparent.

read around for his comments and see why i said what i said. He knows what hes doing cherry picking narrow info and spewing it all over our forum including insults in every post.

the dispensary must have hurt him real bad. ;-)

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter

Kids hate vegetables because their worthless parents feed them chemical mersh shit. I can't buy out-of-season bell peppers, they are hydroponic and taste like chemicals, not peppers.

And soon aging dying suffering parents will hate their kids for trying to smoke them out on chemical mersh shit everyone's growing. That's one thing I managed to apologize for and to each my kids..

What's your contribution to the future? To stick a blue ribbon on a jar of poison? Contribute to the pharmaceutical industry who makes money off poor health exclusively? Or are you willing to tell these Botanicare babies to take a long rental scooter session off a short dock?

this was written by someone calling people idiots in the subject line.

huh.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I HIGHLY recommend this book @RippedTorn.

51X7dEUFgoL AC SY400

The food industry is garbage because the nation has moved away from the farm. You step away from something and let big gov oversee it and you'll have that. It is all about big business and taxes. Government/Corporate Gluttony fusion. Nutrient dense food? What? That is pretty far down the list for the food industry. You want to solve the issue. Teach people to farm and raise their own food.

1860. 55% of American families lived on the farm. Now most citizens are just consumers and don't even know what they are consuming or how to grow/raise/hunt anything. It is sad when you think about it.

I am not against the oil industry by the way or (synthetic nutrients) I use it everyday in fact and think it saves much more lives than people realize probably because the narrative that is pushed.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

i am aware what over and underfed/supplemented produce and weed tastes like yes. We are fortunate to live in a farm area and most of our meat and veggies from the privately owned supermarkets here are local or at least picked at market by people who care. The difference at a bigger box typestore can be very apparent.

read around for his comments and see why i said what i said. He knows what hes doing cherry picking narrow info and spewing it all over our forum including insults in every post.

the dispensary must have hurt him real bad. ;-)
The 2 biggest things to get used to when we moved from our little Michigan town- 1 locking my car doors and takin my keys ! Lol
2- the taste of big chain store food ! Lol nothing like home grown meat and veggies ! Cept mayb home grown cannabis ?

Pippins

Pippins

There is nothing quite like a born again vegan or militant organics proponent. To be clear, I'm mostly an outdoor grower, just getting back into indoor growing after 10 years. I love all the various organics systems, true living soil, Korean natural farming, etc. I've always found my outdoor buds had a flavor edge over indoor, regardless of whether i used mineral salts or organics to grow them. Like Aqua Man said, I attribute that to the microbiome, which has a massive influence on quantity, and quality. The downside to organics are the high heavy metal content of MANY organic amendments. People love Earth Juice and Nectar for the Gods and think they're growing something "pure" but go ahead and look up the arsenic and cadmium content of their various products: https://apps1.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/. On the opposite side, while you're at it look up GH Maxibloom. Don't get me wrong, MANY mineral salt based nutes are high in arsenic and cadmium-I use GH because they seek out untainted raw materials and don't even brag about it. The Flora, Flora Nova, and Maxi series are all have "undetectable" levels of arsenic and cadmium. Those are two things that ACTUALLY cause cancer, major organ damage, etc....not some mystical "chemical fertilizers" that don't exist in the final product.

My buds are CLEANER than most organic buds in terms of heavy metals, and I don't use any kind of chemical pesticides or pgrs. It's easy to cultivate a rich microbiome even with mineral salt based nutes if you keep the EC low-there are dozens of studies on the subject. Likewise, a rich microbiome reduces the need for a high EC due to better absorption rates. In blind taste tests, NO ONE can tell which buds are organic and which grew in mineral salts-to say otherwise is pure naivete, or willful ignorance.

quirk

quirk

I purchase organic fruits and veggies because they don't spoil nearly as quickly as synthetic grown.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
There is nothing quite like a born again vegan or militant organics proponent. To be clear, I'm mostly an outdoor grower, just getting back into indoor growing after 10 years. I love all the various organics systems, true living soil, Korean natural farming, etc. I've always found my outdoor buds had a flavor edge over indoor, regardless of whether i used mineral salts or organics to grow them. Like Aqua Man said, I attribute that to the microbiome, which has a massive influence on quantity, and quality. The downside to organics are the high heavy metal content of MANY organic amendments. People love Earth Juice and Nectar for the Gods and think they're growing something "pure" but go ahead and look up the arsenic and cadmium content of their various products: https://apps1.cdfa.ca.gov/fertilizerproducts/. On the opposite side, while you're at it look up GH Maxibloom. Don't get me wrong, MANY mineral salt based nutes are high in arsenic and cadmium-I use GH because they seek out untainted raw materials and don't even brag about it. The Flora, Flora Nova, and Maxi series are all have "undetectable" levels of arsenic and cadmium. Those are two things that ACTUALLY cause cancer, major organ damage, etc....not some mystical "chemical fertilizers" that don't exist in the final product.

My buds are CLEANER than most organic buds in terms of heavy metals, and I don't use any kind of chemical pesticides or pgrs. It's easy to cultivate a rich microbiome even with mineral salt based nutes if you keep the EC low-there are dozens of studies on the subject. Likewise, a rich microbiome reduces the need for a high EC due to better absorption rates. In blind taste tests, NO ONE can tell which buds are organic and which grew in mineral salts-to say otherwise is pure naivete, or willful ignorance.

Funny i've visited that site before and couldnt find what i was looking for, but i just tried again and finally found the info for earth juice. Looks like their xatalyst is the one that contains arsenic and cadmium, and meta K has a wee bit of cadmium.
I only used it for one grow but wishing I hadnt.. I have since switched over to Dyna gro, which unsurprisingly but thankfully is clean and free of both arsenic and cadmium.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

My buds are CLEANER than most organic buds in terms of heavy metals, and I don't use any kind of chemical pesticides or pgrs. It's easy to cultivate a rich microbiome even with mineral salt based nutes if you keep the EC low-there are dozens of studies on the subject.

Not trying to make you work for me, but got a link? Very interested to learn more.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm no expert but kinda feel part of the equation is that in synthetic farming nutrients are easily leached and the soil becomes depleted and more imbalanced without the significantly more attention that would be needed to maintain nutrient levels and ratios with synthetic nutrients. They are also more susceptible to over feeding and a yo yo type effect that imo is not good for overall plant health. That's not to say all synthetic outdoor grows by any means... just more common

Organic outdoors is not only more sustainable but also much much more stable. Especially once we start adding in rain and soil structure.

So in my uneducated opinion the microbiology of the soil and the stability and structure (organic will improve soil structure over time... not that big of deal when your indoor and tossing after each grow) are the biggest benefits to organic... Both ARE in ionic form (salt form) when taken up by the plant... a nitrate is a nitrate no matter its source the true difference in terms of nutrients is ONLY how it was broken down into a nitrate.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'm no expert but kinda feel part of the equation is that in synthetic farming nutrients are easily leached and the soil becomes depleted and more imbalanced without the significantly more attention that would be needed to maintain nutrient levels and ratios with synthetic nutrients. They are also more susceptible to over feeding and a yo yo type effect that imo is not good for overall plant health. That's not to say all synthetic outdoor grows by any means... just more common

Organic outdoors is not only more sustainable but also much much more stable. Especially once we start adding in rain and soil structure.

So in my uneducated opinion the microbiology of the soil and the stability and structure (organic will improve soil structure over time... not that big of deal when your indoor and tossing after each grow) are the biggest benefits to organic... Both ARE in ionic form (salt form) when taken up by the plant... a nitrate is a nitrate no matter its source the true difference in terms of nutrients is ONLY how it was broken down into a nitrate.

Its true that a certain amount of organic material improves soil structure and quality but isnt crop rotation is far more important?

Top Bottom