Farmers i need some insight

• Thread starter Alice D
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Alice D

Alice D

So this run i've been noticing my plants aren't transpiring like all previous grows. Since growing in the UC i've always strived to keep my enviroment at optimal levels. I'm currently sitting at day 40 with 16 pretty large trees growing scrog style and another uc evolution with 15 plants. These plants aren't near the size of the other 16 but also growing scrog style. I've got beautiful roots and my plants have been eating alright with a good ph swinging up.Sometimes i'll notice my ph swinging up a little fast like 5.4 then 24 hrs later 5.8-5.9. I usually only see a point or two up each day. I have been keeping my humidity at 50-55% when lights on but with lights off i'm sitting at 45% right now with lights coming on in a hour. I have a wireless temp/ humidity meter that sits next my chair so no disruption during dark. This grow i've seen some of the slowest/smallest growth in a very long time. I've been keeping my ppms .5 scale at 500 with my RO topping off,i'll usually top off with a couple hundered of A & B half way through the week then dump and make fresh.
Since growing in the UC i've always had problems with keeping my humidity around 50% during the night cycle.I would throw 3,4 or sometimes 5 deheuys but this run i have 2-100 pints ideal air and a cheap LG 65 pint which i usually have a hose hooked to for drainage but wanted to see if they were filling up so disconnected hoses and yes their full by lights on.
Which usually i would think this is great but the slowed growth has me worried their not transpiring like they should be. I have a couple thoughts on this maybe you guys can give me your opinion on what might be going on. So when i first hooked up my foggers i had straight well water feeding them and soon noticed a white crustations on my air handler filter and also was plugging up the holes on the vinyl duct that disperses the air. So i immediately unhooked that source of water and now the foggers run off the water the AC pulls. Last i've ran a sealed room for many years with a Co2 burner but after checking out my flames they were a little orange at the tips which means not enough oxygen so i have added a fresh air intake that turns on for 15-20 minutes every hour when lights are on and maybe 2 or 3 times with them off. It's been really dry here but cold so that outside air is pretty low humidity.I wouldn't be concerned so much except for the slowed growth. Any insight you guys can give i appreciate it a bunch. I will post some pictures in a hour or so going to go snap some now before lights are on

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

What r your temps? I seen the same thing when it was dipping in the high 50's those cpl weeks but soon as they hit aggressive growth they started emptying my little 70gallon res. Did u say u seen some deficiencies early on too? Maybe that set them back a bit? Sounds like everything. proper i dont understand why ur haveing issues bro.

Alice D

Alice D

Temps are normal 82 with lights on with 1300ppm Co2 and lights off ranges between 70-74 which makes thing even more strange since my air handler has a 5kw heat strip the heater is kicking on every once in awhile during lights off. Yes we did and do still see some deficiency's i'm thinking they happened during week 2 - week 3 i was out of town and think the stew got out of balance locking up a few different things.Since i flushed them with roots and have been giving them their normal stew. It's a little sad because my coco room is looking massive right now and they were flipped on the same day. I'm hoping the uc will really pick up and pass up the coco room soon.I see the uc going 1-2 weeks longer so.....

Alice D

Alice D

40 days Fire OG.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The water source change in the foggers sounds significant only because a specific equipment guy told me coolents and metals may leachout into that water that comes out of ac's and people who used it fir hydro were having problems withit also

Alice D

Alice D

The water source change in the foggers sounds significant only because a specific equipment guy told me coolents and metals may leachout into that water that comes out of ac's and people who used it fir hydro were having problems withit also
I've always kinda thought it was something about the foggers. Thanks I'm going to get the pieces I need to hook them to some RO water.

Alice D

Alice D

What r your temps? I seen the same thing when it was dipping in the high 50's those cpl weeks but soon as they hit aggressive growth they started emptying my little 70gallon res. Did u say u seen some deficiencies early on too? Maybe that set them back a bit? Sounds like everything. proper i dont understand why ur haveing issues bro.
Thanks buddy. There not serious issues but it bugs me I know that UC system can do amazing things. It's been awhile since something like happens and I don't know what happened. Someone was saying root aphids but I don't see them but the root system is a little dark up by the net pot but all roots down below water line nice and white. I was running sterile but have been giving caps bennies the last few weeks. IDK. Thanks

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Man thats an awesome catch with the foggers makes perfect sence with the coolent and metals leaching that couldnt be good!
Yea @Alice D i had to remove the caps bennies from my res and im back on sterile i was getting way to much swing and burning happening with all the extra silica on my roots and in the mix my roots just wherent haveing it. Im useing caps now strictly as a foliar theres no question it helps with pests ive seen it with my own eyes somethings just not jiveing in my res itself. I do spray my net pots when i foliar spray. I need to figure out a way to get that silica outta the mix tho i was thinking pouring thru something and useing the runoff idk?
Great catch caveman seriously!

Delerium

Delerium

I'd only use the runoff for "dirt" mediums.
You can run it through carbon filter, a UV and carbon filter would be even better for fogger and UC system.
It is doable just extra equipment purchases.

Almost sacrilegious dumping 200+ gallons of the condenser runoff down the drain or outside every week.

Last edited:
Delerium

Delerium

Man thats an awesome catch with the foggers makes perfect sence with the coolent and metals leaching that couldnt be good!
Yea @Alice D i had to remove the caps bennies from my res and im back on sterile i was getting way to much swing and burning happening with all the extra silica on my roots and in the mix my roots just wherent haveing it. Im useing caps now strictly as a foliar theres no question it helps with pests ive seen it with my own eyes somethings just not jiveing in my res itself. I do spray my net pots when i foliar spray. I need to figure out a way to get that silica outta the mix tho i was thinking pouring thru something and useing the runoff idk?
Great catch caveman seriously!
I'll watch for that myself just crowned with root pack and foliared myself.

sixstring

sixstring

Idk man i have read this before with dehumidifier water and a/c condensing water but i use it all summer long going on 4 years and i have run plenty of hydro with that same water so i just don't buy it.and that it has fungus or pathogens in it i don't buy either, maybe it does but the plants don't seem to mind one bit around here.those pics look locked up from something, i have seen hydro do this before just from changing nutes back n forth during bloom cycles . could be something with the tap water and those diy humidifiers if they were clogging air duct that ain't good, prolly calcium buildup or something and maybe it clogged up the pores on your plants leaves like it did the ducting? But I'm curious about oxygen in the root zone as well as the room if your flames are not burning right also.gl bro, even y o ur saddest plants always look impressive, peace.

Delerium

Delerium

Idk man i have read this before with dehumidifier water and a/c condensing water but i use it all summer long going on 4 years and i have run plenty of hydro with that same water so i just don't buy it.and that it has fungus or pathogens in it i don't buy either, maybe it does but the plants don't seem to mind one bit around here.those pics look locked up from something, i have seen hydro do this before just from changing nutes back n forth during bloom cycles . could be something with the tap water and those diy humidifiers if they were clogging air duct that ain't good, prolly calcium buildup or something and maybe it clogged up the pores on your plants leaves like it did the ducting? But I'm curious about oxygen in the root zone as well as the room if your flames are not burning right also.gl bro, even y o ur saddest plants always look impressive, peace.
I've used reclaimed water on recirc top feed, never in DWC or RDWC where roots are always submerged.
UC test subject this summer 2 c.

Alice D

Alice D

This is what I've been thinking too. The amount of calcium that built up on the air handler was insane. I've foilar fed a bunch of times hoping to wash any calcium that built up off but with my room rh staying so low during week 6 has me tripping. I've always had problems with my room rh this far into flower. Everyday it tops out at 50% max usually 45%. I do have 3 deheuys but I've always had that many or more and these plants are huge 6' tall and it's dense with foliage. Something bad happened that locked them out big time. Slowest growing plants I've seen in a long time. I'm going to start using my top off full of RO water just so I can see how much water their actually drinking. They have been eating though. IDK but bummed out this run. Thanks for the info

Alice D

Alice D

This is when lights are off. These plants aren't transpiring like they should. What else could cause this? Not much huh it has to be calcium clogged the stomata's so their struggling to uptake nutrients that's where all the different deficenvy's are coming from. Their deficient in a lot of different elements.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

What up Alice. Are you two filtering that ac water before it hits the foggers? A couple years ago I started using my ac water and had issues in flower. I killed it without really trying to make it work. I like how Gg runs his through the filter and UV before use. I had UP light in my handler at the time but I think it would have been more efficient the way Gg has his set up. As far as the Co2 burners go I haven't yet dealt with a toxicity, not even when i keep my air pumps in my room, but I do run a vacuum so I am pulling fresh air. What's your humidity and temps like at night? I hope you got things handled brotha. Let me know when you're down so we can meet up.

Alice D

Alice D

As far as the Co2 burner situation this was at the begining of flower i noticed a little orange at the tips of the flames but i immediately started bringing in filtered fresh air for about 15 min a hour when the lights are on.When there off every 3 hours fresh air for 30 minutes and that little amount of fresh air totally helped because since pure blue flames. Running at 1300 ppm.What week do you cut your burner off or to say 500-600? I've noticed if i let it run all the way till the end i get a lot more leaf on my buds. I think thats what caused this a few times in the past. As for oxygen in the root zone i have all my air pumps outside and am running super charged 1.5 lpm aeration. I have a dissolved oxygen meter (it's not the high tech one but seems to work) reading at around 8-8.5 dissolved oxygen in each module except the epicenter is always a little higher. I know recommended to have at least 9 ppm of dissolved oxygen but i have never been able to achieve this.Maybe it's my pen.IDK Thanks for your help bro

Alice D

Alice D

What up Alice. Are you two filtering that ac water before it hits the foggers? A couple years ago I started using my ac water and had issues in flower. I killed it without really trying to make it work. I like how Gg runs his through the filter and UV before use. I had UP light in my handler at the time but I think it would have been more efficient the way Gg has his set up. As far as the Co2 burners go I haven't yet dealt with a toxicity, not even when i keep my air pumps in my room, but I do run a vacuum so I am pulling fresh air. What's your humidity and temps like at night? I hope you got things handled brotha. Let me know when you're down so we can meet up.
My night temps range from 68-74 with a little fresh air entering every few hours but the whole reason i've thought something was up is because my rh is like 40-45% at the night time and i'm usually throwing every deheuy i have in there around week 6-7. They don't seem to be transpiring. Like i was saying yes i started bringing in some fresh air and it's cold brisk dry air but i don't think that little bit of fresh would keep my rh so low at their night. I even turned off the deheuys so today while lights are off i could see if it climbed like it should.Shoot usually i'd be up around 65-70% with 3-4 deheuys usually but i'm looking at my wireless temp/hummidity gauge now and it says 70 degrees and 52%.With the deheuy's running it was 40-45%. I only have a couple more weeks so it is what it is. I had a lot of different suspicions just wanted to hear your guys thoughts. I appreciate everyones insight. But No like a lazy jackass i had the AC condensation just draining straight into the DYI fogger. I do have a submersible uv sterilizer in my fogger and when checking it's ppm it was at 10ppm. But i've got it switched to RO water feeding it now. I always learn the hard way and try to save a little money by building a fogger when i should of let the professional fogger people what they do and just bought their unit.Yes there a little pricey ranging from 600-1200 but i guarantee i lost a lot more than that messing up this run that Amber and I worked our ass off to have a completely dialed room.Well not so dialed with deficiency's like those.Just like trying to build a dyi UC system that was a headache and a joke yes it worked great but in the long run i learned to let the system makers make the systems,let the nutrient companys make the nutes. I grow or try to grow the best dank in the world. It's a full time job in itself.But i don't have to tell you this.Thanks for looking out and yes i'll be getting a hold of you soon when i'm on my way down to your hood.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Up hill or downhill you roll like a true soul soldier. The fact that you make it to the long run and you tread your path humbly sets you and your skills/product apart from the norm.
Let me ask, when you bring air in do you also push air out? Or is your room sealed besides your pull intake? I'm thinking you have a sealed room besides you fresh air wash? If so try to do a passive intake with a filtered exhaust. I think your rooms atmosphere would benefit from a little bit of both. I run a 8 in fan off a carbon filter to exhaust my rooms. I have a 3 in filtered abs pipe passively bringing in fresh air (Bring pulled by exhaust fan). You will feel the door try and close itself and hold itself closed if done properly (creating a vacuum pressure). It has really made my atmosphere a easier thing to deal with And change. I have reducers and a plug on my 3 in. to pull exactly what I want and like depending on outdoor environment. No matter the size, my exhaust fan stays on. Even plugged I have a vacuum so I know air is being pulled from somewhere. Anyway I'm high and rambling and I'm sure you got it taken care of.
I look forward to your next trip out this way.

Alice D

Alice D

Up hill or downhill you roll like a true soul soldier. The fact that you make it to the long run and you tread your path humbly sets you and your skills/product apart from the norm.
Let me ask, when you bring air in do you also push air out? Or is your room sealed besides your pull intake? I'm thinking you have a sealed room besides you fresh air wash? If so try to do a passive intake with a filtered exhaust. I think your rooms atmosphere would benefit from a little bit of both. I run a 8 in fan off a carbon filter to exhaust my rooms. I have a 3 in filtered abs pipe passively bringing in fresh air (Bring pulled by exhaust fan). You will feel the door try and close itself and hold itself closed if done properly (creating a vacuum pressure). It has really made my atmosphere a easier thing to deal with And change. I have reducers and a plug on my 3 in. to pull exactly what I want and like depending on outdoor environment. No matter the size, my exhaust fan stays on. Even plugged I have a vacuum so I know air is being pulled from somewhere. Anyway I'm high and rambling and I'm sure you got it taken care of.
I look forward to your next trip out this way.
I used to run my room similar with great results. I only ran like 6 lights air cooled but never even needed a AC for the flowering room. Pretty brisk air up here so that intake was enough. Now that I think about it got away with one cheap deheuy too. Do you run Co2 in your room? I guess that's why I sealed everything up super tight. I have my filter fan just exchanging air in the room but recently added a 8" fresh air in it comes on every other hour. Totally makes sense to get rid of that super humid air (when plants are actually transpiring) at least on a timer for the night cycle when don't need to worry about burner burning heating up the place. Shoot save money on power and these commercial deheuys are no joke exspensive. Talk soon. Thanks man

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Yes I do run co2 and I too thought I would be dumping my co2 out my exhaust but the Co2 stays in my room very well. My exhaust fan and filter is mounted up above everything. Now I have a 4 by 4 room that everything is exhausted out of there. So my Co2 and my passive intake is in my room and my filtered exhaust is with my electrical room/ ballast room. It also keeps my ballast room at a decent temp pulling that heat out. My passive intake has been closed for two runs now. I keep my exhaust filter running which is pulling air from my sealed grow room creating that vacuum pressure in both rooms, grow and ballast room. Even though I have my room as sealed as I can air still is being pulled through enough cracks or the drywall itself to make the vacuum and keep my atmosphere dialed. My co2 burner kicks on and off the same as when i run my filter or not. In early veg i don't turn my filter on i just run a sealed room. I can see when they are needing that atmosphere change as they grow and start adding to the environment themselves. If i kept everything closed i would see slow growth and stupid little deficiencies that are atmosphere caused not nute or plant related. As soon as I plug that filter in the girls pick up and start to really take off. It seems this all starts to change as my plants have gotten well rooted and start to demand some control of the room they own... haha. So, at the same time I drop my lights kick on my chiller and give my first co2 bump I also kick on that filter...

Top Bottom