Fat contamination in my cbd distillate

• Thread starter CannaChemGirlSC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CannaChemGirlSC

CannaChemGirlSC

hey ya, new here and hoping y'all can help with an issue in the lab I'm dealing with...some cbd distillate came in that's contaminated with fats.
We have barrels of the stuff to process into cbd isolate but til fats are completely removed we can't move forward.
I imagine it needs to undergo another complete winterization but I tried dissolving in warm EtOH and filtering through 20um buchner with fats still carrying over into filtrate.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

You need to winterize super cold, -20c or colder for the best chance.

Also, speaking of your buchner funnel. Heres a spoon (trick), load ceitle 545 (2" cake bed) then a layer of AO (1" cake bed) on top. The celite acts like a 5um filter paper, the AO will stop fats/lipids from getting thru the filter cake. Methanol is also great for winterizing. But PPE MUST be enforced!

We use methanol when testing cbd isolate for impurities.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Nice TLC display you have there in your avatar.

My go to method is ethanol (95% seems good enough), -40C, time, and filtration. Make sure your funnel and everything is as cold as possible to keep the process as close to -40 as possible. May have to do multiple runs. This will remove most of it. Short path or wiped film is another option.

Top Bottom