Feedback on first ever grow

• Thread starter Piggie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Definitely some pics and updates, and you'll get good advice from people here.

It's hard to say what causes growth to improve because there are other factors......mainly time. Especially if we're talking about established seedlings. Growth should be kicking in faster no matter what, so you'd have to compare growth to what you're used to over that same time period. And I don't know what the science says......there are lots of factors, like the strain, the amount of light, etc. To be able to say "Cannabis will grow faster at 72 than 64.......or faster at 78 than 72......or even below 60 dramatically slows growth".....that would require real experimenting.

It does seem like you did right to get the temps up from those lower ranges. Looking forward to seeing more. :)

P

Piggie

The plants finally seem to be getting established and are now showing noticable signs of growth. I added a small heater and controller to ensure my room temp stays between 75-80° and it has been holding steadily at 78° and 78-80% humidity. I'm seeing significant root growth, although the longest roots are taking on a brownish tint (this may just be the coloration of nutes attaching to them) but thec water in each bucket still smells clean and it does not appear that anything is growing on the roots themselves. I'm due for the next water change in 48 hours, so I'll get a better look at the time.

The plants do seem to be showing a yellowish tint, rather than a nice, even green. I'm running in distilled water, adding only bennies and nutes (AN pH Perfect trio). I'm not experienced enough to know if this indicative of any deficiencies or the best course of action, if any, to correct. Pics of the plants and their roots, as they currently sit, are attached.

I would love to hear what the experts here think. Thanks, all!!

PXL 20230209 122509677
PXL 20230209 122506187
PXL 20230209 111831935PORTRAIT
PXL 20230209 111751869
P

Piggie

Opened up the grow space this morning to prepare for the weekly water change and I'm seeing noticable lightening/yellowing and burnt leaf tips on one of the plants, while the other seems to be fairing better. I'm doing some research on possible causes to determine my best course of action - if it's burning, I don't want to overfeed, but if it's a deficiency, I don't want to go too light on the nutes.

Any insights or suggestions are greatly welcomed and appreciated.

PXL 20230211 160519019MP2
PXL 20230211 160522793
Top Bottom