Feeding and PPM head scratcher

• Thread starter Venus32
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Venus32

Venus32

Hello,

I have a feeding and PPM conundrum!
I’m just learning about feeding and now have a PPM meter. I’m growing in light mix soil and perlite. I’m feeding with the Ionic nutrient range. The dosage says 7ml of solution per 1000ml. I’ve been adding this to tap water. Tap water is 250 ppm. Once the nutes are added as above the Ppm is only 350ppm. And then when I ph adjust it drops further to 300ppm. My question is, I was under the impression you should be feeding at about 1000ppm but that would require a significant load more nutrients then the recommended 7ml per 1000ml. That seems like a lot and I don’t want to burn my plant, but neither do I want to underfed. What am I missing here?? Thank you 🙏

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

And then when I ph adjust it drops further to 300ppm.
thats weird....it should go up not drop if u add anything....have u calibrated it?
For some environments, substrates and genetics 1000 ppm could be a lil high...
If you are in soil you could find beneficial to alternate feeding and water or just feed always at the minimum strenght to avoid buildups of nutes....

Venus32

Venus32

thats weird....it should go up not drop if u add anything....have u calibrated it?
For some environments, substrates and genetics 1000 ppm could be a lil high...
If you are in soil you could find beneficial to alternate feeding and water or just feed always at the minimum strenght to avoid buildups of nutes....
That’s really helpful. Thanks 😊

Pileit

Pileit

Before I use a new meter or probe I calbrate. If it's not calibrated and correct, its worthless.

Top Bottom