Feeding in coco help please

• Thread starter Ryank303
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ryank303

Ryank303

Hi guys me again lol

so I’ve been doing some more reading and think I’ve been feeding wrong ...should I be making sure each time I give them there food it drains out the bottom? And how often I’ve just been using the weight of the pot as a guideline ? ... don’t think I’ve been giving enough each time though tbh as there in 20l pots , I’ve ready they need about 5 lites each time is that right ?

Terpz719

Terpz719

Hi guys me again lol

so I’ve been doing some more reading and think I’ve been feeding wrong ...should I be making sure each time I give them there food it drains out the bottom? And how often I’ve just been using the weight of the pot as a guideline ? ... don’t think I’ve been giving enough each time though tbh as there in 20l pots , I’ve ready they need about 5 lites each time is that right ?
Yes.
In coco, don't use the weight of the pot as a guide. That's more of a soil thing, to my way of thinking.
I'd say 5l run off is way more than needed. I'd think 2l would be plenty. That depends to a degree on how many times a day you feed.

My experience has been that it takes a while to get the hang of growing/feeding in coco. It really is a balancing act in terms of strain, EC, pot size, plant size, transpiration rates, plant health, what stage the plant is in. You really have to feel your way through it especially with everyone's grow setup being different.

Don't know if you have seen this article, but it's a good start.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hi guys me again lol

20l pot you want 1 litre of nutrient solution each watering. Always nutrients added. This should give you 100-200ml of run off. If you are not getting that much run off then you need to water more often. Coco may need to be water up to 6x a day. And should stay over 90% saturated. You may find the first feed of the day does not give you this because generally you don't water at night.

Pics of the plant?
Ph in and out?
Ppm in and out?
Nutrients used and ratios... Including supplements?
Source water ppm and pH?

Ryank303

Ryank303

20l pot you want 1 litre of nutrient solution each watering. Always nutrients added. This should give you 100-200ml of run off. If you are not getting that much run off then you need to water more often. Coco may need to be water up to 6x a day. And should stay over 90% saturated. You may find the first feed of the day does not give you this because generally you don't water at night.

Pics of the plant?
Ph in and out?
Ppm in and out?
Nutrients used and ratios... Including supplements?
Source water ppm and pH?
Okay mate thanks ,so my water is at. 5.8 ph in

honest I’ve only just learnt about ppm today

canna a n b , rhizo atm

CF14E0CE 197B 4CC3 AEB1 F6578094FABC
6809707A 591C 4DFB B2B6 FEF912094FC1
06E3F231 0A76 44D9 9977 61BBFFA2032D
A71E30B2 BC21 406F A315 010023802C66
7C88638C A543 4C53 94EC 01D5E60A3C22
66AC9A27 7459 4687 B0AA 8AD7483988F5
Ryank303

Ryank303

That's really odd I didn't get a notification.
I’m using half the recommended nutes that the canna grow guide tell me on there website ... recently joined these forums last few days n realised I have a lot to learn ... I’ve done around 10 grows in the past n never new about ec and ppm , always had over 3 - 4 oz per plant in the past but had issues every time just about with fan leaves browning off and stuff like that

Ryank303

Ryank303

Yes.
In coco, don't use the weight of the pot as a guide. That's more of a soil thing, to my way of thinking.
I'd say 5l run off is way more than needed. I'd think 2l would be plenty. That depends to a degree on how many times a day you feed.

My experience has been that it takes a while to get the hang of growing/feeding in coco. It really is a balancing act in terms of strain, EC, pot size, plant size, transpiration rates, plant health, what stage the plant is in. You really have to feel your way through it especially with everyone's grow setup being different.

Don't know if you have seen this article, but it's a good start.
Before this grow I was feeding once every three days in coco once I thought pot was light enough , a lot more to learn that I thought so thanks guys

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Before this grow I was feeding once every three days in coco once I thought pot was light enough , a lot more to learn that I thought so thanks guys
Minimum once a day. How big are the plants?

If you use the 1litre of nutrient solution and feed often enough to get the 100-200ml then you should see a huge improvement.

It's possible you may need a flush but without the ppm info I can't say.

Ryank303

Ryank303

If you use the 1litre of nutrient solution and feed often enough to get the 100-200ml then you should see a huge improvement.

There is picture above and info mate :)

Ryank303

Ryank303

I now feed them 3 l off mixed nutes at a time once a day is that correct

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I now feed them 3 l off mixed nutes at a time once a day is that correct
Use 1 litre of nutrient solution. Feed as often as needed so each time you feed you get 100-200ml of run off. Alot will depend on root zone temps, humidity and other factors.

Ryank303

Ryank303

My bad. Probably 400-500ppm I'm gonna guess probably 1-2 times a day at this point should do. But go by the watering I gave ya
So is 3 litres at ounce per plant , once a day is wrong mate ? .. there seems to be a lot off run off when I do that

Top Bottom