Feel very strong about your NUTES, recommend them to me.

• Thread starter HighTolerance
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HighTolerance

Hey guys I am going to run out of my sample pack of Cashcrop nutes. For my next grow I would like to use something that you guys are very familiar with so I can do searches and get all the info I need ;).

I have been reading around a lot about nutes, and I really cannot figure out what would be the best so before I invest some money I would love some suggestions.

I am growing in 100% Cocopeat (Canna Coco) medium in an Ebb n Flow system. The reservoir isn't exposed to light however the water does get light whenever the tray is flooded.

I understand there isn't a large selection of organics for hydroponics, but if anyone has a good input on organics for ebb n flow it would also be great because eventually i would like to have organic bud, but for right now I don't care I just want something that you guys love.

Thank you fellers. And who said I cannot dance :rastadancing:

G

GroHi

HT- personally feel this is the bottom-line truth... whichever you choose, stick w it for a while as there are several learning curves going on... one of which is using your nute line well. Ultimately, if you go w a reputable company, you won't go too far from wrong but you will get better w the line each time you go at it... learning the quirks.

If you want a solid, well documented baseline... go with the Flora Series to start. Fig that one out over the first year, or two. Should you identify any "quirks" to your strain/set-up that you don't like, you can then make reasonable comparisons between lines. Outside of this, there seems to be no accountability in this industry, so don't believe anything that claims double-digit percentage increases in anything.

BTW, the sensi line is another solid alternative, though w different quirks vs the Flora. Either way, stick w it for a while... if you have problems during the first few crops, don't naturally assume it's the nute line. You'll find tons of posts on either.

Those be the two best bits of advice I can give. Peace brother & greenest of vibes!

H

HighTolerance

HT- personally feel this is the bottom-line truth... whichever you choose, stick w it for a while as there are several learning curves going on... one of which is using your nute line well. Ultimately, if you go w a reputable company, you won't go too far from wrong but you will get better w the line each time you go at it... learning the quirks.

If you want a solid, well documented baseline... go with the Flora Series to start. Fig that one out over the first year, or two. Should you identify any "quirks" to your strain/set-up that you don't like, you can then make reasonable comparisons between lines. Outside of this, there seems to be no accountability in this industry, so don't believe anything that claims double-digit percentage increases in anything.

BTW, the sensi line is another solid alternative, though w different quirks vs the Flora. Either way, stick w it for a while... if you have problems during the first few crops, don't naturally assume it's the nute line. You'll find tons of posts on either.

Those be the two best bits of advice I can give. Peace brother & greenest of vibes!

Thanks mate, i am coming across the GH Flora series all over the forums where people are getting good results.

For right now GH sounds great.

Any input on Dutch Master Gold line.

lollipopman

lollipopman

Ive been running dutch master gold line 2 part formula (a and b) for the past 2 years great stuff!!!! I like it over gh always had to add Ph down.. dutch master never had to add it...

G

GroHi

HT, didn't know if you were asking me in particular, but ran the DM for 3 crops & dropped the line. It runs "hot" so watch your max rates & step-ups... that's what I noticed at least. I had to adjust the total ppm's down while running the Gold... vs what I would've normally run w the GH. It was too quirky for me, as had some irregular plant growth as well, but I didn't give it a full go & learn to adjust.

At the time, went back to the H&G as ran that for the last 2 years. I liked that line, but like BEEN said, it's mostly the same thing... back on the Flora again & not to toot my own horn, but mostly it seems to be me... how well I do (or not), not the nutes. Whichever way, stick w it for a while before you experiment w anything else. Peace.

J

Jobo

I love fax farm all the way.

I pretty much follow there chart, and its worked amazing for me so far.

H

HighTolerance

THANK YOU EVERYONE. you guys fuckin rock, thank you so much for your input guys. After reading your replies, I followed up and did some more research. All the suggestion you guys made are all good, so I kind of had a hard time picking since my conclusion after reading around for hours was that most of the nutes are almost all the same with some variations.

So I made my choice based on the nutes popularity in this thread and others. Also there is a lot of great data available along on these nutes. Last but not least they are cost effective.

Winner: Lucas Formula (GH Micro and Bloom)

I read a lot of stuff Lucas had written and I am going to give his philosophy of adding no additives a shot. For the next few grow I will try to stick to 0-8-16 for veg and flower both. I will probably only change the reservoir at the end of the harvest unless the pH seems starts to get smart with me.

Another attraction for Lucas formula would be that with its ratio of nutes and having no additives one can grow multiple strains. Some of my friend grows have a hard time growing different strains with the same reservoir because they both like different nute and pH level.

Thank you once again, I will probably go to the store in a day or two and pick up the nutes.

What do you think about my choice and reasoning for selecting Lucas's Method?

G

GroHi

Don't think you can go too far from wrong w that line & source. There are also several "modified" lucas formulas, e.g., Heads... 6ml (micro) / 9ml (bloom). Lot's of tweaking on it out there as well. For example, I still use the green bottle during veg. Peace & greenest of vibes.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
CANNA! Ask ZOO! Or check some of my posts.

P

peabody

nutes are a bit of a problem for me also. currently using roots organic an foxs beastie bloom. the question i have for fellow farmers is can someone give me a not too agressive ppm guideline for a dwc setup.

M

MIZZ ELVIS

If your interested in organics I suggest you look into the line Nature's Nectar. Danny Danko and Kyle Kushman are in love with the shit. Its super easy to use, very idiot proof, and absolutely works brilliantly. The cool thing is its perfect for hydro, and soil alike. There organa-guano is awesome as well. It is a completely soluble liquid form of bat guano with the highest rate of phosphorus possible without the addition of synthetics. It is a highly available form of Phosphorus and is non burning as well. You should also check out vermiculture practices for recycling soil, and making your own compost. There is nothing better for Ganja than some organic compost Tea. Eisenia foetida or red wrigglers are miracle workers in a 100% organic grow. Eisenia foetida inoculate the soil with a wild diversity of beneficial micro-organism's, provide humic & fulvic acids, aerate the soil and provide unique, readily available nutrients. Red wrigglers also have many species of beneficial bacteria that are only found in soil where the live worms are present. Worms have a bird like Gizzard for a stomach where they contain small amounts of sand and gravel that they use pulverize their food to prepare it for digestion by the Beneficial bacteria present in them. Worms also carry key soil predator protozoa species that act as gaurd dogs to the Rhizosphere of the plant; making sure the balance of good and evil micro-beasties is in your favor. Worm compost tea is the shit, no pun intended. Their are also many other Real compost tea brewing recipes made from true composted organic matter; as well as a plethora of other pseudo-compost teas(with all different kinds of ingredients) that work wonders for achieving the pinnacle of potent, healthy, and tasty earth friendly buds. I wish you the best of luck, and advise you take the organic route sooner than later, if it is the way you want to grow eventually. That way you can get over the learning curve sooner than later and begin to add your own tweaks and adjustments as you fine tune the Recipe's that work best for you in your set up. Also, the biocanna line is a great option for organics. My good friend just switched from the Gh 3 part flora series, to the complete bio-canna line, including the bio-terra plus soil that he adds vermiculite, perlite and some coco peat to. The only other amendments he uses are sucunant, and various compost tea recipes. He is stoked to say the least by the results. The difference in his yield is so negligible that he doesn't care. Not to mention that he has a healthier, easier to grow, faster maturing, higher quality crop than ever before. He is getting better prices on the same strains, sold to the same folks, with the only difference being the organic bio-canna/compost tea nutrients. He is in love with the Bio-canna line and I'm curious. So I am gonna give it a trial with a couple plants just because of his results. I'm kind of a mad scientist and always have a few plants "on the side" that I test certain products and techniques on. Right now I have a couple Elvis moms I'm gonna be flowering out soon and I'm gonna test the bio-canna line on em to see what it does. As soon as my Hydro shop gets the bio-terra plus I'll start em up. Im gonna try some str8 coco runs with some other strains as well, inspiration courtesy of Pig farmer and Zoo..............Good luck brother!!!!

M

Matto

Genetal Hydroponics is a great nutrient and have been using it for two years with great success. I highly recommend in it for many types of hydroponics passive or ebb & flow. :winking0067:

G

GroHi

I'm not knocking it, but when done "properly", I've found little to no difference in end product taste/smoke/effect between "organic" & "chemical" nutes. In fact, I've tasted some really crappy/harsh organic meds... just as bad as full chem nuted nugs w/o any flush/cure. Organic does not necessarily = clean, or easy for that matter...

Another concern I have over organic nutes is control... they release slowly & at differing rates that doesn't allow for easy adjustment w plant needs. You can't flush as well... that's not the way organic/soil works. It is just more problematic to control/adjust to the specific situation/needs. Hydro nutes allow for quick/immediate remedy/adjustment. Also the organics reek & are messy in a rez w tubes/pipes/pumps.

Just a little medicated & FEISTY ;-)) peace to all!

M

MIZZ ELVIS

Some folks can't get a handle on organics so I can understand perfectly. It is simply much easier to pump a plant full of heavy metals, and use chemical fertilizers as you need not be in tune with your plants as you must be with True Living Organics. True Living Organics, vermiculture, natural compost teas and Permaculture are a completely different animal than just simply using organic nutrients. TLO require's a deeper understanding of soil/plant & Rhizosphere dynamics and is much easier to screw up, than a sterile chemical fertilizer grow. Though, when done "PROPERLY" TLO will outshine any well flushed chemically grown nug in taste complexity, smokability, aromatic persistence, terpene tenacity and most importantly won't poison you with heavy metal residue's(that linger regardless of extensive flushing). Most people don't realize that Mineral elements, while technically not organic since they previously weren't living carbon based matter are extremely beneficial in true living organics. Green-sand for instance is not organic but, is highly beneficial to the practice of TLO. As well as rock phosphate, dolomitic lime, Azomite, and K-mag. For a proper breakdown rate to occur in TLO you need to create different diverse micro climates in your container, this is to help facilitate the speedy breakdown of nutrient sources by micro-beasties to be made available for your plants. For example in a proper indoor TLO environment the nutrient breakdown rates will be much faster. For instance a soil "soup" of no diversity may take the stated 90 days for a bat guano supplement to breakdown(and still may not be fully utilized by the plant) but in a proper TLO environment the guano will be fully used in 30 days easy. Also, there are quite a few ready to use organic nutrients the likes that have never existed before, That are fully soil, coco, hydro garden compatible, solubilized and in readily available forms for immediate uptake by plants. The nature's nectar line for instance is a 3 part organic NPK regiment. Here is there info -N-Guaranteed Minimum Analysis is Available Phosphate (P205) 2.0% Calcium (Ca) 0.7%. Advantages: Completely solublized, instantly available source of nitrogen with no sediment 13% of formula contains 21 free amino acids Provides nutrition for beneficial bacteria improving conditions of growing medium Increases photosynthesis for a greener plant......-P-Guaranteed Minimum Analysis is Available Phosphate (P205) 2.0% Calcium (Ca) 0.7%. Advantages: Completely solubilized phosphorus source that also contains Calcium, and Organic acids which ensures the phosphorus is easily absorbed. Adds size and weight to fruits and flowers and Aids in root development...
-K-Guaranteed Minimum Analysis is Soluble Potash (K20) 5.0%. Advantages: Fast release potassium completely solubilized, The potassium source also contains cytokinins to increase number of flower sites, Simple and complex carbohydrates, and Alginic acid which ensures translocation of potassium into plants. Builds plants immune system with a combination of sea kelp species. Someone feeling apprehensive to taking on the full challenge of TLO growing should try this product line. It also works excellent for later use within a TLO grow as well!!!!!

G

GroHi

ME- I started to take offense at the "some people" lead in, but upon a full read... have to say that this might be the "best" sell of organics I've personally run across. So, kudos & hats off & thank you for the insight.

Short of it for me is that everything you stated is in line w my understanding of things, however limited that might be in the grand scheme of things. Recreating & perpetuating a natural/TLO rhizo is indeed very, very complicated & often unachievable. Comparatively, hydro/chem-based nutes are simpler & easier to control. I don't believe organic, soil-based grows are the easiest for anyone to grow under. It seems that many, many people have a difficult time raising Mj from start to finish (& doing it well) while in soil. In this sense, hydro is easier to manage.

A question for you... considering all the extensive pollution of the world's natural eco-system, is there a single source for "clean" anything... anywhere? Bats in SA are consuming the pollutants & pooping it back out into our gardens... all the fertilizers & pesticides & human consumed drugs get washed back into the water supplies & spread throughout the world's oceans... we drink this directly and/or get rained back upon and/or eat whatever was swimming in it and/or feed it back to our food channels... we can see the air we breathe. Examples can go on & on & on... Peace ;-)

M

MIZZ ELVIS

You make an excellent point!!!! unfortunately, there are very few pristine eco-systems left in the world, and with sound logic, one can argue that pristine eco-systems no longer exist at all. This is why its so important to research a products origin's so you know your getting the best quality available. In this day and age contamination of natural resources is so terribly pervasive. One may be poisoning themselves, their native environment, or both without the faintest inkling of what they are doing. Finding unpolluted ground water in the US is like looking for a hooker at church. Its a sad fact that 99.9% of america's municipal water supplies contain known contaminants like Fluoride, which by itself is toxic(2 plants & animals) and disrupts the functions of 34 different plant enzymes, resulting in a plethora of different adverse reactions. This is just one example of water pollution concerning growers. Though the toll of destruction slides much higher on a global scale, that effect us all. Waste run-off of Phytoestrogens from places like biodiesel plants, soy milk factories, meat processing facilities, dairy processing facilities and countless others are killing the worlds fish. Shit, high concentrations of phytoestrogens have been discovered in the water discharged by some municipal wastewater treatment plants. I wouldn't mind so much if those plant estrogens were making lady's guzoongas larger :)J/K!!!! Phytoestrogens are causing terrible, and irreversible damage to some people's health. Considering we have the technologies available to prevent the issue but don't, due to Bullshit bureaucrats and their budget concerns; just goes to show how fucked the governments priorities really are(not that we didn't know that already). Its so crazy, because most major municipal water supplies in America would only need to increase thier 90% phytoestrogen filtration rating to 99%. It's as if the powers that be are getting their jolly's off from the fish genocide, and human health issues being caused. Though, just as our history shows, it seems we won't attempt to fix these problems until the consequences of our misdeeds are so blatantly obvious that they can no longer be dismissed as nonsense by those in power. Whewww, that rant took it out of me......I'll be back to share helpful info on what organic products are from the least contaminated sources possible and where to obtain em or make em!!!!....Ill B back soon 2 share more!!!!

G

GroHi

You're pretty damn cool, no doubt!

I'm in an area that they actually measure radioactive elements at our water source. Conveniently, they take no further measurements at any other point in the water distribution system. Essentially, they know it's there & they can't do anything about it. Because it is under the "legal limit" at the source, they just let it pass. Every time I shower or brush my teeth... so very sad. Peace to all.

Top Bottom