Feeling A Little Lost...come Take A Look

• Thread starter superskunk4u
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Hi there fellow farmers, just wanting to get some advice on a few lady's I have at the moment. This is more or less my 1st run in coco coir was looking good until the other day. I think I have a cal/mad def as well as nitrogen def... but unsure what's with the leaves curling I raised my light with no change I am feeding them gh flora duo series ( 2.5ml of each per lt and 1ml per lt of cal mag RO is between 5.7-6.2 I am useing a 600w mh light about 4 weeks into veg. And need to get this sorted before I do the flip

Feeling a little lostcome take a look
Feeling a little lostcome take a look 2
Feeling a little lostcome take a look 3
Farmer P

Farmer P

I think 5.4 in is a little low. 5.8 seems to be what most run in coco. Canna calls for 5.8 to 6.2 i believe. I haven't tried the gh flora duo series though so not sure what they recommend. Most of your plants look pretty good. It seems like just the two biggest are looking a little off right? Are they the same strain? Some strains are more finicky. How often do you water?

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

I think 5.4 in is a little low. 5.8 seems to be what most run in coco. Canna calls for 5.8 to 6.2 i believe. I haven't tried the gh flora duo series though so not sure what they recommend. Most of your plants look pretty good. It seems like just the two biggest are looking a little off right? Are they the same strain? Some strains are more finicky. How often do you water?
yeah 5.4 is way low but had to try and bring the ph down.. (my water is 7.5) I buggered my ph pen about a week ago so been winging it until friday, I would normally water every 2nd day pending what it looked like. my aim is to get the ph around the 5.8-5.9 mark I just have never seen the twisted leaves without having heat or light stress before and yes the two on the left (the taller ones) are the same and have only looked like that for the past few days... its pissing me off I know its something simple and I have delt with it before but not playing in the garden for a little it kinda had a brain fart lol.

Farmer P

Farmer P

Just remember to keep an eye on the new growth since a lot of times old growth will not fully recover if at all. It may take a few days to tell. But if they go downhill fast maybe another flush with half strength nutes and normal ph would be in order. I've never checked the ph coming out personally, I just make sure I get it right going in and I shoot for around 20 to 30%runoff. It seems to work ok. Search coco and check out Justiceman's thread. He is killing it. Get a new meter for sure. Big ph swings are not good.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Considering the natural pH of coir is around 6.2, I don't really see a problem with your runoff being what it is. I don't know about your nutrients but 2 ml per liter seems a little strong ? What's your ec or ppm?

superskunk4u

superskunk4u

Considering the natural pH of coir is around 6.2, I don't really see a problem with your runoff being what it is. I don't know about your nutrients but 2 ml per liter seems a little strong ? What's your ec or ppm?
Cheers Midwest.... no that was a massive typo lol it was ment to be 2.5 per gal basically just a half dose to what GH recommends as for the Ec/ppm dont have a clue mate just been mixing half of what the bottle tells me to. ( Tds meter should of arrived over a week ago)

Top Bottom