TimeLine

first time ever using and must say not a fan

logically I would think insects would like felt pots over non felt pots

anyone else think felt pots are disadvatage to non felt pots

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
One mans trash is another mans treasure. Some like em and swear by them. Others like yourself could do without them. They are cheap enough to try and if you don’t like em throw them in the waste management filing cabinet ;-)

xjking

xjking

felt pots will help your grow in so many ways there is no reason not to like them. The major factor is they air prune your roots so you don't have to worry about your plants becoming root bound. It is also impossible to over water as long as you let your soil dry out between waterings. For me felt pots (or Smart Pots) are the shizz

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Agree with @xjking here. What can be said about smartpots that is not positive?
That root structure is crazy good and prevents that circling you get when using non breathable pots like plastic. After all a pot is just there to keep the soil in a shape that is suitable for the plant to grow into. And smart pots are the best i’ve seen for the job so far.
I mean look at this root structure. All air pruned and happy plant in a 2 gallon smart pot.
D7C25E63 2971 4749 88ED E26CA329B9EE

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
They might be great for coco watered daily, but I use a peat based soiless mix and found they dried out way too fast between waterings for me. I went back to regular pots and watering every 3-4 days.

I just prefer big pots, more media, and water less frequently over small pots and constant waterings. If I wanted that I'd grow hydroponically.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

If I had a massive grow I’d go back but for a smaller setup, your crazy not to use em I say.
Would get annoying if you have to water 100 plants quick before heading to a day job or some shit haha

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

first time ever using and must say not a fan

logically I would think insects would like felt pots over non felt pots

anyone else think felt pots are disadvatage to non felt pots

Me. I move my plants everyday and appreciate the strong plastic premium nutsery pots i have been using without issue for 5 years and running.

I am averaging over 2 oz per gallon of potting soil from seed. I think smart style pots are cross marketed hype.

They are designed for trees to be grown outside and to be torn and disintegrate as the tree roots go deeper in to the ground.

I

Ikkt

I had rather serious humidity problems with them in a small tent. Don't think they are the shit for rather small indoor grows especially with high numbers of plants.

But Airpots are really great!
All the benefits, none of the problems.
And they'll last about forever.
The small 1L ones are great for NFT or EnF setups, just put some Filter foam in from underneath and they'll root right through into the mat/trays!
Great for mothers too, never getting rootbound. I used 1L ones for small semi bonsai moms, worked perfect!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I love my Smart Pots, made local here in Oklahoma!
I use their 6 foot long bag for my grows.
It is 2'×2'×6' and holds 5 bags of Happy Frog and 4 bags of Ocean Forest mixed.
I veg in it for 6 weeks before flower, this my friends is how you get huge plants!

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I love them since I found the supplier and can get 500ish for less then 100 bucks. Fuck washing pots. I just toss them and use a new one. First time using them. If I was running bigger plants or not doing multi feeds a day not sure I would like them as much.

Blazeman

Blazeman

I love them since I found the supplier and can get 500ish for less then 100 bucks. Fuck washing pots. I just toss them and use a new one. First time using them. If I was running bigger plants or not doing multi feeds a day not sure I would like them as much.
Who is the supplier?

Top Bottom