fem or reg seeds?

• Thread starter lilpigpig
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

lilpigpig

Hey all, I have doing a lot of reading and searches and seem to find inconclusive response about this. Is it better to have mothers off of regular seeds or feminized seeds? Also these mothers might be used for breeding in the future. Some says it might hermed because of feminize seeds and some say it will not. Please any input from the more experience will help. SO is it better for reg or fem seeds to start off?

buddahslave

buddahslave

I will never use feminized seeds again. They always seem to herm. Any small amount of stress will make feminized seeds take a turn for the worst. Be safe and use regular seeds.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Use regular seeds for breeding. You will have better success and results. plus with reg seeds you have the option of using male and female of your crosses. as in (mango-female x blue berry-male) or a (blueberry-female x mango-male) kinda mix it up.
fem seeds might bring characteristics that are less than desirable. haven't dealt with them.
Keep the pools alive...alive i say...:D

L

lilpigpig

thanks... I also read that some people have used fem seeds from reputable breeders and never had problems that hermed..

Bannacis

Bannacis

yes thats true, i think its a gamble, its all about the males in breeding, but breeding with clone only... ie female only, with your fave male to keep a somewhat version of your girl.
its all grow fun...:D

below frigid

below frigid

From personal experience. I have never had a plant from fem seeds herm outdoors, and I have grow many from many different breeders. Yes there have been some that were stressed and still did not have a problem. Indoors I would probably stay away from the fems. It seems that indoors is where they run into problems. I am guessing grower induced problems. Just from all that I have read over the years it might be going from vege straight to 12 hours. I think if I were to use them indoors I would knock the light down gradually to 12 hours.

Bannacis

Bannacis

cool, so lilpigpig you can prolly try either. so with fems at least you dont have to worry about sexing.
I think that is also how those fem seeds were grew out too. if they were created out doors or indoors would be a factor. I say grow em all !!!!! no seed is a bad seed...o_O

the rrock

the rrock

fem all the way for me unless im looking for breeders,. regular seeds\are a waste of my time and space

buddahslave

buddahslave

Each grower will have different results due to what nutes you are using, temp, air flow, co2 levels, 24 hour veg or 18 hour veg, all affect out come of any indoor plant. If you have time to roll the dice then try it, but if money is tight and if your no expert I suggest sticking with the fo sho thing! Time is money it might be 4 months or longer to find out the results.

L

lilpigpig

Thanks all, Yeah I am gonna just stick to reg seeds and play with it from there.

waayne

waayne

lilpigpig if you're looking for phenos for a breeding project I would stick to regs.

If you're not breeding there are several breeders that make Fem seeds that are not prone to hermaphrodism

I would definitely stay away from bunk companies like Greenhouse and Barneys>>when I ran their Fem seeds I found that without any stress they were prone to hermaphrodism .....

I've popped Regs and Fems for decades and you can find hermaphrodites in Regs as well>>It 's really more about the breeding techniques,selection process, and skills of the breeder.

I've found great phenos that I've ran for years out of Reg and Fem seeds......................

I've looked at about 21 phenos from about 7 different strains from Divine Genetics and I've yet to see a nanner........or a runt or dwarf..........

I ran several Fem strains from OG Raskal and only saw 4 hermaphrodites out of about 75 phenos
All these strains were grown indoors organically......

If you're using Fem seed from reputable breeders and you're frequently seeing hermaphrodites you may need to consider dialing in your indoor environment better........

philly kush

philly kush

Fem seeds r finicky 2 me a few years ago i popped 12 n no shit had 12 fuckin males. I just popped a couple more from dif. banks 2 c what happens im just gonna try to keep everything as happy as i can in the garden,But i have a few trusty moms 2 keep things goin just in case.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty much on the same page as Waayne about this one. Iv ran different seed companies for close to 10 years. Fems and regulars. Iv seen Herms in both forms of seeds. Some companies iv not seen a single herm in fem seed lines like dr green thumb. Iv ran tons of ogr gear and iv came across a few Herms but not many at all. Maybe like 1 in 100 seeds popped. Iv ran Dutch seed bank strains like orange bud, white widow and a few others and had a nanner fest. It's a lot in the breeder then the stability in the strain when it comes to fem lines.
Iv made fem seeds from a reversed clone only strain and hit phenos iv found from fem seed lines before. Iv made stuff like white master kush x white Urkle. I'd had no problems with Herms coming up but the cuts themselves I ran about a half dozen times and know they were stable. I'm not selling them so people can say what they want about using fem seed phenos for breeding, they were just to play with stuff to see what comes up. The rest of my seeds iv made, the majority of them, I used a male to breed with a female. Only found nanners in one cross I made and that was a Chemdog D cross but it was the male that was the problem.
Bottom line, iv found great stuff from fem and regular seeds. I just pop stuff I think will be fire and hope for sick phenos lol.....as I'm sure everyone else on the farm does.~Smf~

Latest posts

Top Bottom